Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moe Epsilon
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
Pages: 1, 2
guy
Moe (alias SWD316): I have no confidence in a WP editor whose hobby is to persecute blocked users who cannot protect themselves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=153871369

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=146362194

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=153869193

Need I continue?

QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 5th November 2007, 9:49pm) *

I don't have enough "good faith" in the Arbitration Committee that I would take a ruling based on secret evidence seriously.

So Durova and others have provided secret evidence which others and even Alkivar cannot respond to?

That's hardly fair. There are rare cases in the real world where evidence is declared "secret." This isn't the NSA or MI6. It's Wikipedia! (Please, no Slim Virgin jokes).

They do this all the time, as many users here know.
Moe_Epsilon
QUOTE(guy @ Mon 5th November 2007, 5:28pm) *

Moe (alias SWD316): I have no confidence in a WP editor whose hobby is to persecute blocked users who cannot protect themselves:

Need I continue?

Actually, my alias there is User:Moe Epsilon, you're pretty foolish to refer to me by a name I haven't used in going on two years. Another thing, how is tagging a already indefblocked editor of a couple of months usertalk page "persecuting" them. You have a pretty warped sense of what I was doing. It's pretty standard to redirect user/usertalk pages to revert to the appropriate page where a tag about their status as an indefblocked or banned editor is.
guy
QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Mon 5th November 2007, 10:49pm) *

Actually, my alias there is User:Moe Epsilon, you're pretty foolish to refer to me by a name I haven't used in going on two years.

Yes, but that's for the benefit of people who know you by your old name, as I do.
Another thing, how is tagging a already indefblocked editor of a few years

What's that supposed to mean? You did it less than three months after the block. If you'd wanted to do something useful, you should have joined in the motion on ANI to unblock Poetlister, or monitored a few of her articles to stop the vandalism they now suffer..
Moe_Epsilon
QUOTE(guy @ Mon 5th November 2007, 5:55pm) *

QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Mon 5th November 2007, 10:49pm) *

Actually, my alias there is User:Moe Epsilon, you're pretty foolish to refer to me by a name I haven't used in going on two years.

Yes, but that's for the benefit of people who know you by your old name, as I do.

Another thing, how is tagging a already indefblocked editor of a few years

What's that supposed to mean? You did it less than three months after the block.

Ah yes, well, that still makes you look pretty foolish.

Anyways, the above was a mistake. I could have sworn Runcorn was blocked in 2006, but I guess I was wrong, I corrected the above mistake. Anyways, I guess you have no rebuttle to how that was persecuting them in any case. If I wanted to, yes, I would have, but I didn't see the thread until a week after it had already started and after it was nearing a close.
guy
QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Mon 5th November 2007, 10:58pm) *

[Ah yes, well, that still makes you look pretty foolish.

Really?

Anyways, the above was a mistake. I could have sworn Runcorn was blocked in 2006, but I guess I was wrong, I corrected the above mistake. Anyways, I guess you have no rebuttle to how that was persecuting them in any case. If I wanted to, yes, I would have, but I didn't see the thread until a week after it had already started and after it was nearing a close.

Did you think Brownlee and Holdenhurst and R613vlu and Osidge were blocked in 2006? That's a pretty long chain of errors. Yes, Poetlister was blocked in 2005 but was pardoned in 2006 and her conviction later shown to be a miscarriage of justice, so it's irrelevant. What error have you corrected?

So you saw that the thread was nearing its close. Iit was closed without warning - what inside info did you have? Why was that an excuse not to support it?
Moe_Epsilon
QUOTE(guy @ Mon 5th November 2007, 6:07pm) *

QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Mon 5th November 2007, 10:58pm) *

[Ah yes, well, that still makes you look pretty foolish.

Really?

Did you think Brownlee and Holdenhurst and R613vlu and Osidge were blocked in 2006? That's a pretty long chain of errors. Yes, Poetlister was blocked in 2005 but was pardoned in 2006 and her conviction later shown to be a miscarriage of justice, so it's irrelevant. What error have you corrected?

So you saw that the thread was nearing its close. Iit was closed without warning - what inside info did you have? Why was that an excuse not to support it?

RLY

But of course you would like to know, but then again, I don't feed trolls.
Somey
QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Mon 5th November 2007, 5:11pm) *

Does this mean you're going on a hunger strike, Mr. Epsilon?

Normally people only do that when they're trying to stop injustice, but I guess the times they are a'changin'!

So... I wonder when they'll figure out that these kinds of heavy-handed measures are ultimately self-defeating?
guy
I'll make an offer to Moe Epsilon. If he will do to the user pages and talk pages of User:Antidote and all his socks (blocked following a public RfCU and not contested) what he did to Poetlister's, I shall publicly apologise for everything I said about him.

But of course Antidote has friends, and is still allowed to run socks, isn't he Mr Epsilon.
Moulton
As Above, So Below.

Pervez Musharraf has blocked CNN and the BBC.

That's a typical example of the arrogant abuse of power.
Jonny Cache
One of the comedy shows on Canadian TV ?Çö I can't recall whether it's Royal Canadian Air Farce or This Hour Has 22 Minutes ?Çö does a sometime segment called "Talking To Americans". A roving reporter ventures south of the Molson Diction Line to interview people on the streets, college campuses, or sidewalks outside government office buildings about their opinions on current events, and especially their knowledge of international affairs outside the Silverized On The Inside Plastic Holosphere (SOTIPH) that we all know and love as the USphere.

I've been meaning to suggest that we have a Subforum like that ?Çö "Talking To Moe Rons" ?Çö but then I saw, much to my pshaw-grin, that somebuddy had already beaten me to the punkline.

Jonny cool.gif
Moe_Epsilon
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 6th November 2007, 5:34am) *

I'll make an offer to Moe Epsilon. If he will do to the user pages and talk pages of User:Antidote and all his socks (blocked following a public RfCU and not contested) what he did to Poetlister's, I shall publicly apologise for everything I said about him.

But of course Antidote has friends, and is still allowed to run socks, isn't he Mr Epsilon.

If you're saying that I have a bias towards some banned/blocked editors and their pages, no, I don't.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Moulton @ Tue 6th November 2007, 3:49am) *

As Above, So Below.

Pervez Musharraf has blocked CNN and the BBC.

That's a typical example of the arrogant abuse of power.

At the risk of a detour to the off-topic political zone, when you say "a typical example of the arrogant abuse of power," are you referring to Mr. Musharraf, or to CNN and BBC? It works on so many levels.
guy
QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Tue 6th November 2007, 3:11pm) *

If you're saying that I have a bias towards some banned/blocked editors and their pages, no, I don't.

Right, so when are you treating Antidote and his sockpuppets in the same way as Poetlister?
Firsfron of Ronchester
QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Mon 5th November 2007, 4:11pm) *

RLY

Out of all the users of this message board, Guy is probably the least "troll"-ish, Moe. Not that any of the users here are really "trolls".

QUOTE(guy @ Mon 5th November 2007, 3:55pm) *

What's that supposed to mean? You did it less than three months after the block. If you'd wanted to do something useful, you should have joined in the motion on ANI to unblock Poetlister, or monitored a few of her articles to stop the vandalism they now suffer..

Which ones are suffering the most damage, Guy?
Moe_Epsilon
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 6th November 2007, 10:35am) *

QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Tue 6th November 2007, 3:11pm) *

Right, so when are you treating Antidote and his sockpuppets in the same way as Poetlister?

Oh, STFU, I'm not going to go do your bidding for you. I do what I want on Wikipedia, and if it's something standard done, there shouldn't be a problem. If you have some evidence that I have a bias towards some blocked editor that I don't remove their page, I would like to hear it, otherwise, you can shut your traphole.
SirFozzie
Moe, you're not exactly doing your cause any good here, man.
Jonny Cache
Time For A Subtitle Contest !!!

Howsabout ?Çö

Wiping The Only Thing He Knows How To Wipe

Or perhaps more suckcinctly ?Çö

Butt Wot Esle Can He Wipe ???

Then again, there's always the option of diplomatic enthymeme ?Çö

Likes Wiping

Jonny cool.gif
Moe_Epsilon
QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Tue 6th November 2007, 11:03am) *

Moe, you're not exactly doing your cause any good here, man.

Exactly, and there wasn't much cause and proving it on-wiki either. The only thing I saw positive from Wikipedia since I left was that Alkivar is getting desysopped and Burntsauce is getting banned, and that's about it. It took them 6 months to come to the same conclusion as me, and if they had listened before, it would have saved a lot of time, effort and wheel-warring. As for the blanking talk page nonsense guy brought up here, it's irrelavent to anything he's trying to prove. Scare tactics don't exactly work when your cowering..
Firsfron of Ronchester
QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Tue 6th November 2007, 9:21am) *

Scare tactics don't exactly work when your cowering..

Who is cowering? (For that matter, who is using scare tactics?)
gomi
QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Tue 6th November 2007, 7:53am) *
Oh, STFU, I'm not going to go do your bidding for you. I do what I want on Wikipedia, .... If you have some evidence ... I would like to hear it, otherwise, you can shut your traphole.

Such is the level of intellectual discourse from our latest pro-Wikipedia contributor. To paraphrase Disraeli, Sir, we Reviewers may be miserable snakes, but you could walk underneath us wearing a tophat.
guy
QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Tue 6th November 2007, 3:53pm) *

I do what I want on Wikipedia

Of course you do, and good of you to admit it. But please don't pretend that you're following policy consistently or that you've just made a little error.

Why don't you try behaving like that on somewhere a little more civilised, like Wikiquote or Wikinfo, and see what happens?
Sxeptomaniac
QUOTE(Firsfron of Ronchester @ Tue 6th November 2007, 7:50am) *

QUOTE(guy @ Mon 5th November 2007, 3:55pm) *

Which ones are suffering the most damage, Guy?

I'm a little curious about this, too. If it's remotely within my sphere of knowledge, I'm willing to put them on my watchlist and try to limit obvious damage (can't make any promises, as I don't know if we have the same definitions of "vandalism" at this point).

As far as the original topic, I don't know if I'd call it persecution, but it does seem to be an unnecessary thing to do.
Piperdown
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 6th November 2007, 8:57pm) *

QUOTE(Moe_Epsilon @ Tue 6th November 2007, 3:53pm) *

I do what I want on Wikipedia

Of course you do, and good of you to admit it. But please don't pretend that you're following policy consistently or that you've just made a little error.

Why don't you try behaving like that on somewhere a little more civilised, like Wikiquote or Wikinfo, and see what happens?

He's just following David Gerard's lead. That Pillar of the Wiki "community" regularly tells people to fuck off. It takes a WP "Community" to raise a Wikipedia Admin, after all.

And he is a pro wrestling fan, so please take that into account for his behaviour, your honour.
Poetlister
QUOTE(Sxeptomaniac @ Tue 6th November 2007, 9:40pm) *

If it's remotely within my sphere of knowledge, I'm willing to put them on my watchlist and try to limit obvious damage (can't make any promises, as I don't know if we have the same definitions of "vandalism" at this point).

Thanks - I'll be in contact.
The Joy
QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Wed 7th November 2007, 11:23pm) *

He retires every few weeks, comes back, gets mad, retires. Its a common habit of his. And he has been editing using IPs.
WhispersOfWisdom
QUOTE(The Joy @ Wed 7th November 2007, 10:25pm) *

He retires every few weeks, comes back, gets mad, retires. Its a common habit of his. And he has been editing using IPs.

Kind of like a JzG thing...huh?
The Joy
QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Wed 7th November 2007, 11:26pm) *

QUOTE(The Joy @ Wed 7th November 2007, 10:25pm) *

Kind of like a JzG thing...huh?

Worse! He'll go week or so, then retire, then come back and the cycle repeats itself.

To my knowledge, JzG only "left" twice.
Joseph100
QUOTE(guy @ Mon 5th November 2007, 4:28pm) *

Need I continue?

QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 5th November 2007, 9:49pm) *

I don't have enough "good faith" in the Arbitration Committee that I would take a ruling based on secret evidence seriously.

So Durova and others have provided secret evidence which others and even Alkivar cannot respond to?

That's hardly fair. There are rare cases in the real world where evidence is declared "secret." This isn't the NSA or MI6. It's Wikipedia! (Please, no Slim Virgin jokes).

They do this all the time, as many users here know.

You forgot this ...more MOE (RATDQUE) Moe_Epsilon good work...
I HOPE Moe rots in HELL for the COWARDLY RAT HE IS...

THE WORK OF A LOW LIFE RATDQUE

IF you read this Moe, I CALL you out as a spineless COWARD. A COWARD WHO IS OUT OF CONTROL and A CLEAR and PRESENT DANGER TO THE INTERNET...

You're a Criminal, liar, and thief of reputations. A slander monger.
The Joy
Moe, why do you do this? Why do you take pleasure meddling in people's talkpages? Banned or not, give them some diginity!

Now, you've angered Joseph. His socks will now inundate your account with all manner of horrors and tribulations!

Beware!
Joseph100
QUOTE(The Joy @ Thu 8th November 2007, 12:12am) *

Moe, why do you do this? Why do you take pleasure meddling in people's talkpages? Banned or not, give them some diginity!

Now, you've angered Joseph. His socks will now inundate your account with all manner of horrors and tribulations!

Beware!

I'm not after Moe, the Pin dqued rat, I'm after the destruction of wikipeida....

I am getting a crew together and we will start to attack it in many diffrent ways...
online and in the press...

Somey
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Thu 8th November 2007, 12:24am) *
I am getting a crew together and we will start to attack it in many diffrent ways...online and in the press...

Come on, that's only two ways!

Actually, with a US election coming up, there should be some good opportunities in the next few months to get some media attention going - we should really be monitoring the articles about candidates for dirty tricks. They LOVE that sort of thing.

But Joseph, just promise me that if you submit written quotes to the press, you'll have someone proofread them first! I'll even volunteer, as long as my involvement can be kept as low-key as possible.
Joseph100
QUOTE(Somey @ Thu 8th November 2007, 12:43am) *

QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Thu 8th November 2007, 12:24am) *
I am getting a crew together and we will start to attack it in many diffrent ways...online and in the press...

Come on, that's only two ways!

Actually, with a US election coming up, there should be some good opportunities in the next few months to get some media attention going - we should really be monitoring the articles about candidates for dirty tricks. They LOVE that sort of thing.

But Joseph, just promise me that if you submit written quotes to the press, you'll have someone proofread them first! I'll even volunteer, as long as my involvement can be kept as low-key as possible.

If you can can provide me some out lines of the areas of which would get the most traction on the abuses of wikipeida i would be grateful ...

Regarding the politics watch the following for the dirty tricks ...Illinois democrats are famous for them and political thuggery you will see it take place right before your eyes...
Also, FYI, be aware that Gothean is a local (Wheaton) tin hat leftwing nutjob... paid to edit
this much I do know.

Peter Roskam.... in comparison to Jill Morganthauler...
Note she too is another carpetbager from outside of the district.

Watch this page as well when February primary rolls by.
Chris Larzen

Also watch the Democrat DU Cabal of Goethean/Gamalie and PROPOL Propol

I would give due consideration any suggestions you may have...

Peace...

Joe
guy
Moe's been good enough to wipe the Antidote talk page as I suggested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=168054042

I thank him for that, though he hasn't yet got round to Antidote's acknowledged sockpuppets, e.g.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=135425637

and of course Antidote is still running a few that people are turning a blind eye to.

sparkzilla
I have been wondering why it is WP policy to delete blocked user pages (and talk pages). I can understand if the pages are abusive, but it seems quite unecessary in many cases (including my own). The removal of these pages makes it difficult for people to follow the edit history.
Moulton
QUOTE(sparkzilla @ Thu 8th November 2007, 6:05am) *
I have been wondering why it is WP policy to delete blocked user pages (and talk pages). I can understand if the pages are abusive, but it seems quite unecessary in many cases (including my own). The removal of these pages makes it difficult for people to follow the edit history.

According to MastCell, the talk pages of blocked users constitutes too much "silliness."

Mebbe Jonny could register one of his socks in the name of Dreadful Silliness.
Yehudi
QUOTE(sparkzilla @ Thu 8th November 2007, 11:05am) *

The removal of these pages makes it difficult for people to follow the edit history.

Exactly. They wouldn't want the ''hoi polloi'' to be able to work out why people were blocked.
LamontStormstar
On those three links, some admin deleted people's userpages and then moves the talk pages to the userpages. Moe just blanked the talk stuff for privacy I guess. Moe has never been an admin and says he won't be one. I have found Moe to be a decent guy for years.
Kyaa the Catlord
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 12th December 2007, 1:49am) *

On those three links, some admin deleted people's userpages and then moves the talk pages to the userpages. Moe just blanked the talk stuff for privacy I guess. Moe has never been an admin and says he won't be one. I have found Moe to be a decent guy for years.

I haven't. The bastard had the gall to start tossing threats at me on, of all places, ANI. I may be suicidal, but I'm not stupid.

His new username is Save_Us_229, btw.

guy
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 12th December 2007, 8:49am) *

Moe just blanked the talk stuff for privacy I guess.

No, that's not true at all.
LamontStormstar
I don't know Moe's reasons but he's been on Wikipedia for a long time and avoided being sysop. It shows he cares about the encyclopedia and not about going up in the power structure. Moe has usually done the right thing from what I've seen of him for years. I'm sure he'll make ammends by fixing the antidote socks.
Castle Rock
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 12th December 2007, 2:31am) *

I don't know Moe's reasons but he's been on Wikipedia for a long time and avoided being sysop. It shows he cares about the encyclopedia and not about going up in the power structure.

Are you serious Lamont? "Avoided being sysop," well not for lack of trying:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...dminship/SWD316
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...inship/SWD316_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...inship/SWD316_3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...inship/SWD316_4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...hip/Moe_Epsilon
I think that almost beats Jaranda's record. This shows that someone wants the power bad, bad enough that they should never get it. He only stopped trying when he realized that the community didn't trust him and that the repeat RFAs only made it worse.

QUOTE(Kyaa the Catlord @ Wed 12th December 2007, 1:52am) *

I haven't. The bastard had the gall to start tossing threats at me on, of all places, ANI. I may be suicidal, but I'm not stupid.

His new username is Save_Us_229, btw.

Agreed, next to Calton, he is one of the most vindictive and rude people on Wikipedia. The whole straight talkin' thing is usually just a shield for an incredibly thin skin anyways. I have no idea why he thinks that redirecting talk pages is a remotely constructive use of time.
LamontStormstar
His userpage says, "I am not an administator here, nor do I ever think I will be, and I turn down nominations." I once thought he was one and I don't keep up with RFA nominations so I just went with what his userpage said. In looking at those Castle Rock linked, only the first was a self-nomination. So I guess he is turning nominations down because of past lack of success.

I looked at his contribs and he did redirect a bunch of antidote sock talk pages. He also did some other socks of some unknown names, too.
The Joy
Moe's a very angry person. He quits quite often and he takes pride in the misfortunes of others. The lazy good-for-nothing blocking administrators should be putting up the "User has been blocked" templates and not relying on psychopathic and sadistic wiki-gnomes like Moe to do their dirty work.

He's Wikipedia's gravedigger, and I pray one day he finally finds a heart.
Poetlister
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Thu 13th December 2007, 7:49am) *

I looked at his contribs and he did redirect a bunch of antidote sock talk pages.

Only after we tore him off a strip here for redirecting my talk page and not that of proven socks like antidote. mad.gif
Moulton
Request for Analysis

Why is Wikipedia a magnet for misanthropy?
Joseph100
QUOTE(Moulton @ Thu 13th December 2007, 6:00am) *

Request for Analysis

misanthropy, wow, a two dollar word, any rate, the reason why there is
rampant misanthropy on wikpeida is the librial consumption on JIMBO JUICE
and the constant chanting.... WIKI WIKI WIKI...

This is part of the Cult of the JIMBO WALES RETIREMENT/FUN FUND.
thekohser
QUOTE(Moulton @ Thu 13th December 2007, 7:00am) *

Request for Analysis

I believe it boils down to this:

(1) People take pride in what they author.

(2) Wikipedia is designed to allow subsequent people to edit butcher what previous people have authored.

(3) This editing butchering is bound to eventually hurt some people's feelings.

(4) When some people have their feelings hurt, they retaliate with misanthropic behaviors.

(5) An environment of misanthropy tends to "feedback loop" and become even more misanthropic.

I'll be interested to hear other folks' theories.

Greg
Moulton
Suffering Succotash

That makes sense, Greg. The rejection of one's offering is an old, old story.

I'm thinking of Farmer Cain, who brought his soggy platter of suffering succotash to the County Fair, and lost out to the more Abel-bodied shepherd with his succulent lamb chops.

That also explains Durova's recent transformation into Shari Lewis.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 13th December 2007, 7:31am) *

(1) People take pride in what they author.

(2) Wikipedia is designed to allow subsequent people to edit butcher what previous people have authored.

Not just that, people like to follow others around and outright revert their hard work whenever they can.

If you worked on something and it gets deleted or removed, then you just wasted your time.

Moe does seem to really be taking the suggestion to heart and is doing the stuff to all kinds of sock names, not only antidote. After that, he took down the talk page of Wikipedia Review.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.