Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Columnist Tries to Help Wikipedia, Accused of Spam
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Newsfeed
On her blog, a columnist discusses her attempt to help Wikipedia. Trying to write about Social Media Agencies, the columnist finds an unwelcoming environment in which she is accused of spam.

View the article
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Newsfeed @ Sat 17th November 2007, 4:56pm) *

On her blog, a columnist discusses her attempt to help Wikipedia. Trying to write about Social Media Agencies, the columnist finds an unwelcoming environment in which she is accused of spam.

View the article

According to the nuke jobber, it was a "neologism"

That's code for "I havent heard of it, so it mustnt be important, and I'm going to find an intricate reason why not, exhibiting my vast, magnanamous vocabulary"
guy
"Expired PROD, concern was: Looks like a neologism and spam magnet that should be redirected to Social media marketing". Deleted by The-G-Unit-Boss.

So no AfD and no easy way to tell who placed the PROD.
Disillusioned Lackey
Sure. This is the quick and dirty way to get rid of things.

My money is that the same guy who prod'ed (or deleted) this, wrote the James Nicoli bio. The bio being about the usenet science fiction writings bloggings (pre-blog days, using usenet).

And how they were republished on usenet (more pre-blog blogs) widely. And by one professor.

Because a usenet science fiction blogger's opinions, in 1990,as quoted by one professor, and numerous other usenet articles really, really affects lives and societies more than widespread corporate internet marketing phenomena and pratices (social or otherwise) today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.