Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slim is back with the paranioa - so much for the Wikibreak
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
dogbiscuit
The somewhat POV version of Animal Testing that is emerging, which has a perspective that animal testing is all about the ethics of animal testing rather than what it is, continues to be a battle of wills between Tim and Slim.

In http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Animal_t...purpose_bred.22 Tim again takes Slim to task for ownership:

I notice you have removed quite a lot of the material I have added to the article, such as most of the discussion of invertebrate research, now in the daughter article Animal testing on invertebrates. I have never complained about this, since editing other people's material is an expected part of working for Wikipedia. However, it appears to me that you apply one standard to the material you add, and a different one to the contributions of others. This most recent comment of yours, added to your previous complaints about me editing "your material" makes me suspect that you are having problems with article ownership. Tim Vickers (talk) 00:53, 16 December 2007 (UTC)

Slim, in return shows her "sensitive side":

Tim, you did this to me before, causing chaos, wikistalking me (to the point where another admin had to ask you to stop), starting forest fires of abuse about me on talk and project pages -- hundreds of posts in a matter of days. Indeed, that's how you ended up on this talk page, and it's why I stopped editing the article for awhile. But it's not going to work.

Material I have moved has gone to other articles for reasons of length and structure, and I've moved as much of my own material as I have of other people's -- more, in fact. You are edit warring over one link in a footnote that is not being used as a source, but is interesting because it's an example of academic criminologists addressing that particular issue -- any interested reader could e-mail them for their paper, as I have done. That you would cause this level of fuss over a link in a footnote -- when footnotes are very precisely for that kind of material -- suggests that you simply want to cause trouble. Rather than assist you by letting you bait me, I'm not going to respond to your posts from now on. I'm sorry about this. I had hoped we could actively collaborate but I see now it's unlikely to work. SlimVirgin (talk)(contribs) 01:26, 16 December 2007 (UTC)

Note the "you are wrong and I am not going to talk to you" hurt approach. She tried that on Factory Farming, the tag team followed and the page protection game followed (No consensus can be claimed as we don't talk to them, but we reserve the right to tag team revert any edit that we do not approve of).
Yehudi

most of the discussion of invertebrate research, now in the daughter article Animal testing on invertebrates.

Aha! The old "move any stuff I don't like but can't get rid of into a separate article where nobody will see it" ploy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.