Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Betacommand continues his solitary march
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
Kyaa the Catlord
Oh the drama, Betacommand gets hit in the nads and the usual suspects show up to chastise the one who dared block him.

Then the drama spills over to ANI where Moreschi deems NPA null and void.

Grab some coffee, the day's still young.
Rootology
Why exactly is Betacommand tolerated and not shown either Arbitration or kicked in the ass out the door with a permanent ban? At the absolute LEAST he needs a civility probation with escalating blocks.

1. He's ALWAYS nasty and incivil.
2. He doesn't communicate with others well.

Seriously. Put him on in personal attack and incivility parole, and that's it. If he can't follow rules like everyone else, block his malfunctioning bot-writing ass.
KamrynMatika
To be honest, I don't blame him. If I had to deal with an incessant stream of inbred morons who would rather spend a few days arguing about policy and complaining about how horrible it is that Betacommand won't let them decorate their userpages with 1353058286 album covers and a half naked photo of Britney, than going and fixing the fucking issue [usually a rather trivial one that would take .2 seconds to fix], I'd be on a permanent grouch too.

I've seen very few cases of his bot actually malfunctioning, and a bazillion cases of people bitching over nothing and wasting everyone's time. Nearly every block in BetacommandBot's block log is unjustified.

What gets me is that, for a free encyclopedia, people are so damn keen to use other people's copyrighted images and whine about having to, you know, follow rules about the issue.
Moulton
They need to be more creative.

Something more like, "¿Por qué no te callas, penis breath?"
Amarkov
Well, it looked to be going well for a little bit. But then, of course, we got the ususal. The person who made the original complaint has been crucified as a troll, and Betacommand has of course gotten off completely clean. Can we go back to when only MONGO got this treatment?
Amarkov
Subpages were introduced to ANI because it was just getting too insanely big. Apparently, the option of not shoving all discussion onto one page never occured to people. Anyway, many people opposed the idea initially. Not so much because splitting off long discussions is bad, but because it would begin to be abused. And guess what?

The discussion, which doesn't even trigger a size message, has been shoved off into a subpage. Nothing like some old fashioned hiding of controversy!
Firsfron of Ronchester
Betacomand's bot saves a project I work on hours of work every week, maintaining [[WP:DABS]].

There have definitely been some mis-tags on the FU images, though.
Kyaa the Catlord
QUOTE(Amarkov @ Sun 16th December 2007, 9:46am) *

Subpages were introduced to ANI because it was just getting too insanely big. Apparently, the option of not shoving all discussion onto one page never occured to people. Anyway, many people opposed the idea initially. Not so much because splitting off long discussions is bad, but because it would begin to be abused. And guess what?

The discussion, which doesn't even trigger a size message, has been shoved off into a subpage. Nothing like some old fashioned hiding of controversy!

Sweep it under a rug! Multiple CABAL members implicated! Must hide!
Piperdown
QUOTE(Kyaa the Catlord @ Sun 16th December 2007, 5:31pm) *

QUOTE(Amarkov @ Sun 16th December 2007, 9:46am) *

Sweep it under a rug! Multiple CABAL members implicated! Must hide!

quick !! get a crummy sock on the line !! must....archive.....delete....selectively restore....canvass other admins on IRC/IM....let arbcoms know i have dirt on them if they dont back my ongoing cabal....
LamontStormstar
People have been whining about Betacommand's bot for years.

thekohser
Please, let me continue the whine against Betacommand. At it again, along with Calton, but they seem to be in the "loss" column on this one.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.