Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jayjg stripped of oversight (2x) in 2006
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
Heat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:NoSeptem...nd_quarter_2007

13:34, 29 May 2006 Oscar changed group membership for User:Jayjg@enwiki from checkuser, sysop to checkuser, sysop, oversight

20:34, 8 June 2006 Jon Harald Søby changed group membership for User:Jayjg@enwiki from checkuser, oversight, sysop to checkuser, sysop

20:39, 8 June 2006 Jon Harald Søby changed group membership for User:Jayjg@enwiki from checkuser, sysop to checkuser, sysop, oversight

22:37, 20 June 2006 Brion VIBBER changed group membership for User:Jayjg@enwiki from checkuser, oversight, sysop to checkuser, sysop

15:54, 22 June 2006 Brion VIBBER changed group membership for User:Jayjg@enwiki from checkuser, sysop to checkuser, sysop, oversight

Miltopia
Kind of old news.

Was there anything specific about this that was on your mind?
guy
It is very peculiar. Still, the first case was only for five minutes and it was the same steward who recently performed a desysop after a misunderstanding.
Moulton
Young children should not be allowed to play with power tools.
Yehudi
QUOTE(Moulton @ Sun 23rd December 2007, 8:57am) *

Young children should not be allowed to play with power tools.

Jon Harald Søby is technically an adult, isn't he?
Moulton
I would need a reliable source to determine the age of any given participant on Wikipedia, and their competence to be trusted with power tools.
Yehudi
QUOTE(Moulton @ Sun 23rd December 2007, 1:57pm) *

I would need a reliable source to determine the age of any given participant on Wikipedia, and their competence to be trusted with power tools.

Stewards have to prove their identity to WMF, and I'd hope that after Essjay they wouldn't dare let a steward have a false CV.
Moulton
Hope springs eternal.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Yehudi @ Mon 24th December 2007, 11:37am) *

QUOTE(Moulton @ Sun 23rd December 2007, 1:57pm) *

Stewards have to prove their identity to WMF, and I'd hope that after Essjay they wouldn't dare let a steward have a false CV.

Jan Harald is 17, still in high school. He may have turned 18 when I wasn't looking wink.gif , but most of his wiki-life was what could be called underage (aged 15-17). That said, most of his actions have seemed reasonable. Moreso than most of those in his age group.
Yehudi
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Mon 24th December 2007, 5:41pm) *

Jan Harald is 17, still in high school. He may have turned 18 when I wasn't looking

So there isn't a policy that you have to be 18 to be a checkuser?

Still, as you say, he's more sensible than most (indeed, more sensible than many people who are far older).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.