Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proof that MI6 used UK media against Libya
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media > Less Relevant
Daniel Brandt
Our old friend Ludwig has a piece titled, "British Media Exploited by Intel Agencies." Wikipedia is not part of this particular story, but it describes an anti-Libya effort by MI6 using British media in 1995, about the same time that SlimVirgin was in London, organizing a petition against a documentary film about Lockerbie that failed to indict Libya.

http://english.ohmynews.com/ArticleView/ar...381319&rel_no=1

My question is, "Why would MI6/MI5/CIA/FBI/Homeland Security pass up a chance to use Wikipedia for their own purposes, when it's just sitting there, and anyone who tries to find out who's spinning the articles gets banned as a stalker?"
Disillusioned Lackey
Yes, but as you well know, Libya was spun by various protagonists back in the day, UK and US. You know that the media is used by intelligence, and for sure so is Wikipedia. Just how complicit the Foundation is in that endeavor is something for which there isn't a clear smoking gun.

Not even if they wound up defending the real people doing it, is that proof, per se.

I'm not even saying you aren't wrong. Just playing the skeptic. Frankly, it isn't anything "certain people" who's names "start with J" and "end with s", wouldn't be capable of doing. Just that there's no proof of it yet. And I do mean "yet", because you seem quite skilled and finding the unfindable.

Merry Xmas Daniel!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.