Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: User:I am Dr. Drakken
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
tarantino
This sockpuppet has been tag-teaming with Jayjg on the Jewish lobby article. John Nagle brings the actions of Jayjg, et al to the attention of Arbitration enforcement and RFCUs Drakken.

The results are the shiny new checkuser Thatcher and Moreschi put a 1 revert per day per editor limitation on the article, and Blnguyen states I am Dr. Drakken is not related to the other active editors, but is using open proxies.
Viridae
If he is using open proxies, how does he know he is not related to the others.
Kato
There's a great skit on the Arbcom enforcement page from User:Carolmooredc. About halfway down, she mentions an intervention by the profoundly clueless but ever meddling Administrator:GeorgeWilliamHerbert. Herbert naturally weighed in to support his man Jayjg despite knowing nothing about anything. Not for the first, fifth or tenth time either:

QUOTE(Carolmooredc)
Editor [[User:Georgewilliamherbert]] suddenly appeared and initially opined that [[User:Nagle]] and I were “misinterpreting the policies.” However, after he admitted he was unsure on some points, and he could not answer other counter-points, he stopped replying and disappeared.

Can we get some kind of consensus about this Herbert? Everything he says and does is just... unsure.gif

PS: Oh and wasn't everyone warned not to add Jayjg to the Arbcom case last week on pain of blocking, because he wasn't involved in any of this anymore?

PPS: Oh and wasn't Jayjg found to be operating a secret mailing list to coordinate activity on Wikipedia?

PPPS: Oh and wasn't Jayjg.... Oh I give up.
Saltimbanco
John Nagle death watch activated.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(tarantino @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 6:50pm) *

This sockpuppet has been tag-teaming with Jayjg on the Jewish lobby article. John Nagle brings the actions of Jayjg, et al to the attention of Arbitration enforcement and RFCUs Drakken.

The results are the shiny new checkuser Thatcher and Moreschi put a 1 revert per day per editor limitation on the article, and Blnguyen states I am Dr. Drakken is not related to the other active editors, but is using open proxies.

It's clearly a Jayjg sock. Jayjg has been editing all at once per day to hide his sock activities.
KamrynMatika
QUOTE(Kato @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 2:09am) *

There's a great skit on the Arbcom enforcement page from User:Carolmooredc. About halfway down, she mentions an intervention by the profoundly clueless but ever meddling Administrator:GeorgeWilliamHerbert. Herbert naturally weighed in to support his man Jayjg despite knowing nothing about anything. Not for the first, fifth or tenth time either:

QUOTE(Carolmooredc)
Editor [[User:Georgewilliamherbert]] suddenly appeared and initially opined that [[User:Nagle]] and I were “misinterpreting the policies.” However, after he admitted he was unsure on some points, and he could not answer other counter-points, he stopped replying and disappeared.

Can we get some kind of consensus about this Herbert? Everything he says and does is just... unsure.gif

PS: Oh and wasn't everyone warned not to add Jayjg to the Arbcom case last week on pain of blocking, because he wasn't involved in any of this anymore?

PPS: Oh and wasn't Jayjg found to be operating a secret mailing list to coordinate activity on Wikipedia?

PPPS: Oh and wasn't Jayjg.... Oh I give up.

Herbert is a nice enough guy and has a lot of respect on the mailing lists for some reason [and that fact alone should tell you more than enough about him], but he's a complete moron and turns up all over the place to blindly support people that he's heard somewhere are good editors.
tarantino
Checkuser Thatcher gives his O.K. to sockpuppets using open proxies:
I'm not going to target [I am Dr. Drakken's] proxies for blocking; they may or may not get picked up in other sweeps. Thatcher 02:41, 23 January 2008 (UTC)

How do you feel about this, Alison?
LamontStormstar
Okay I adjusted my time temporarily to -5:00 which I believe is Jayjg's timezone. Then I checked out this account's edits. Well I found the account editing on Saturday a lot, which is something Jayjg usually didn't do but I then checked Jayjg's edits, and Jayjg does sometimes edit on the Sabbath

Lots of July 28, 2007 edits (Saturday)
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...er&target=Jayjg

June 30, 2007, Saturday

June 23, 2007, Saturday

June 16, 2007, Saturday

June 9, 2007, Saturday

My suspicions are Jayjg started the whole rumor about not editing on the Sabbath so he could sock.

Kato
The conclusion of the latest Enforcement of Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Palestine-Israel_articles dispute was that the following editors have been restricted to one revert per day:

# Nagle (talk · contribs)
# Armon (talk · contribs)
# Yahel Guhan (talk · contribs)
# Jgui (talk · contribs)

Jayjg, who reverted to his preferred version a number of times during the dispute, and whose behavior was the subject of the original request for arbitration enforcement, was not placed under any sanctions whatsover.

PS. Reviewers with keen eyes might want to scan the article that was the focus of this latest brouhaha. Shortly in, we find pride of place goes to a passage cited to an obscure political hack. Which writer could this be? Why, it's the "professional political hit man whose specialty is smearing anyone outside the traditional left-right categories as an extremist, at best, and a nascent Nazi at worst", Chip Berlet. He's quoted in more places these days than William Shakespeare.
tarantino
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Thu 24th January 2008, 2:40am) *

Okay I adjusted my time temporarily to -5:00 which I believe is Jayjg's timezone. Then I checked out this account's edits. Well I found the account editing on Saturday a lot, which is something Jayjg usually didn't do but I then checked Jayjg's edits, and Jayjg does sometimes edit on the Sabbath

Shabbat or Sabbath is from sundown Friday until three stars appear on Saturday evening.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(tarantino @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 8:08pm) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Thu 24th January 2008, 2:40am) *

Shabbat or Sabbath is from sundown Friday until three stars appear on Saturday evening.

Well Jayjg in his older edits would edit tiill from 4pm to 7pm Friday, which half of the time is past sundown. Then he would next edit after 9pm Saturday night. So if he's observing Sabbath he's doing it poorly, maybe not counting sundown on Friday until the starts are actually out.

The "I am Dr. Drakken" went and edited Saturday the Jan 19th late at night. But he edited Saturday January 12th around noontime, clearly violating the sabbath.

"I am Dr. Drakken''s line about using proxies due to valuing privacy is something returning blocked and banned users often say. If "I am Dr. Drakken" isn't Jayjg, he could be Isarig who recently did a right to vanish.

Exodus states, "For six days you shall labour and do all your work. But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work." This basically means Jayjg is PAID as part of his JOB to do WORK on Wikipedia.

Amarkov
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 7:56pm) *

Exodus states, "For six days you shall labour and do all your work. But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work." This basically means Jayjg is PAID as part of his JOB to do WORK on Wikipedia.

The Sabbath by no means observed in the same way by all Jews. Some will not prepare any food, do any exercise, or even turn on the lights. And it doesn't necessarily have to mean that he considers Wikipedia to be work; maybe he just wants to reflect on God instead.
Alison
QUOTE(tarantino @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 6:27pm) *

Checkuser Thatcher gives his O.K. to sockpuppets using open proxies:
I'm not going to target [I am Dr. Drakken's] proxies for blocking; they may or may not get picked up in other sweeps. Thatcher 02:41, 23 January 2008 (UTC)

How do you feel about this, Alison?

Well, since you ask ....

I'm in two minds about open proxies. I can see the need for them and don't actively go hunting them down. If I see them being used abusively at, say RFCU, with hundreds of socks causing mayhem and very little else going on, then yes - I'll likely hardblock it.

Having said that, proxies don't last forever. This comment on nlwiki suggests they average just a week, so what's the point of a year-long block, esp. in these days of IP recycling?

Right now, WP is wavering on the whole idea of proxying and TOR nodes, etc. There are discussion ongoing about providing IP block exemption for trusted editors on a case-by-case basis so it's obvious that the whole thing is largely up in the air as far as the community is concerned.

I've been dinged off-WP by a certain shall-be-nameless person when I slipped up and softblocked an abusive proxy. I'd genuinely meant to hardblock it but was in a hurry and mis-clicked. Shows, though, that there are those who believe all open proxies should be hardblocked, longterm.
LamontStormstar
Proxies are for getting privacy from checkusers.

I've noticed proxies are a lot less blocked now than before.

Then again anyone with money can just rent a clean IP address from a company.
guy
One of the charges against Runcorn was that he softblocked proxies rather than hardblocking them.
Castle Rock
And blocked by Dmcdevit, don't let the naysayers on this board say he never does anything right tongue.gif
02:51, 15 April 2008 Dmcdevit (Talk | contribs) blocked "I am Dr. Drakken (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Clearly a sockpuppet account on open proxies. Very little contributions from this account besides conflict.)

This was part of the fallout from this RFCU: Wikipedia:Requests for checkuser/Case/SqueakBox

The unknown operator of this account also used Bmj4 and Laceibahonduras on the same proxy. He used those latter two accounts to disrupt pedophilia related articles.

We still don't know who this was, but given the focus maybe it was just a reincarnated pedophilia activist with a taste for battleground Israeli articles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.