Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man on the Scene
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
thekohser
What do you all think about the guy who is "Man on the Scene", recently banned by Crum?

Dan Tobias is certainly right on this one:

There's a double standard going on in that people regularly get banned for having similar tone, style, and overall agenda to somebody who is on the "wrong side" of the Powers That Be, but an entirely different standard is applied to similar cases that happen to be on the "right side". [[User:Dtobias|*Dan T.*]] ([[User talk:Dtobias|talk]]) 00:10, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 7th February 2008, 3:35pm) *

What do you all think about the guy who is "Man on the Scene",

Looks like one of your poorer attempts of socking in a similar way to TheKosher biggrin.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Thu 7th February 2008, 11:14am) *

What do you all think about the guy who is "Man on the Scene",

Looks like one of your poorer attempts of socking in a similar way to TheKosher biggrin.gif

Damn, I'll have to try harder. I had some good zingers in there, though, don't you think?

I guess they just don't realize that I'll never be stopped, so they should just live with me for a while, and I'll likely get bored, as I grew tired of the Wikback.

Greg
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 7th February 2008, 6:14pm) *

as I grew tired of the Wikback.

...though you swore never to return and couldn't quite resist... huh.gif smile.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Thu 7th February 2008, 1:37pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 7th February 2008, 6:14pm) *

as I grew tired of the Wikback.

...though you swore never to return and couldn't quite resist... huh.gif smile.gif

Come on... I got in a few more choice skewerings of the lying liar Admins who lie, and (now) I am almost fully retired from that board. You'll give me that, right?

Greg
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 7th February 2008, 7:02pm) *

I am almost fully retired

Teehee wink.gif
Peter Damian

What do you all think about the guy who is "Man on the Scene", recently banned by Crum?

Dan Tobias is certainly right on this one:

There's a double standard going on in that people regularly get banned for having similar tone, style, and overall agenda to somebody who is on the "wrong side" of the Powers That Be, but an entirely different standard is applied to similar cases that happen to be on the "right side". [[User:Dtobias|*Dan T.*]] ([[User talk:Dtobias|talk]]) 00:10, 7 February 2008 (UTC)

I assume this is what did it? That and the previous one.
Bruce Reynolds
Making Kohs, WordBomb, and others do there own socking is terribly inefficient. If we had a protected forum here, the Kohser could post the edit and the place to make it, and have someone with a defensible account make the edit. That'd stump 'em!
thekohser
QUOTE(Bruce Reynolds @ Thu 7th February 2008, 3:25pm) *

Making Kohs, WordBomb, and others do there own socking is terribly inefficient. If we had a protected forum here, the Kohser could post the edit and the place to make it, and have someone with a defensible account make the edit. That'd stump 'em!

I say, let's get building this guild.
dtobias
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 7th February 2008, 6:42pm) *

I say, let's get building this guild.

How is a "guild" distinguished from a "clique" or a "cabal"?
Amarkov
QUOTE(Bruce Reynolds @ Thu 7th February 2008, 12:25pm) *

And who are you going to find who will let you do that? I can't think of anyone here who both has a defensible account and would agree to that. I know I wouldn't.
Miltopia
Lol, "please refactor" in the accounts edit summaries :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=189744579
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.