Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Certified.Gangsta
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
LamontStormstar
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=191030448

Yeah, it's one year delayed. The public announcement below in which I announced my departure was back in January. I tried to change my cynical attitude toward the project and give it another shot. It didn't work. It ain't never gonna work. Ban-evading socks are still allowed to roam around harassing editors and POV pushing all over the place. Factions and cabals are formed to scheme a plan to drive certain editors off the project. (for instance, my arbCom case). I don't think any good faith editors would wanna work in such an oppressive environment, unless, of course, they got nothing better to do. I came back last month after a 5 months hiatus realizing things would never change for the better. If an identified sockpuppet of a fucking troll can request a username change while an established editor who got set-up by a shameless faction in the community is denied this privilege, then the system is fucked up. Seriously, this is a just a bloody username change under the due process, as simple as that. I don’t understand why the ‘crats gotta listen to a troll/sockpuppet. What a blatant example of hypocrisy and double-standard.

In reflection, I have to say that I’m quite proud of the way I acted on wikipedia. My proudest achievements are defending the right to use joke banners during the UI spoofing incident, relentless pursuit of RevolverOcelotX and his ban-evading socks against overwhelming adversity, standing up against admin Jiang for his blatant racism on Taiwanese, and fighting with a factions of POV pushers who clearly want me out of the project (Sumple, blueshirt, Ideogram, RevolverOcelotX, Ben Aveling, Wizardman, Jiang, Aquarius, etc). I’m happy to say that I lasted longer than most of them.

To the trolls, racists, admis who abuse editors, sockpuppets, and others (y’all know who you are), keep wasting your time, I ain’t gonna stop y’all. To the good-faith people out-there, there is more to life than ‘pedia. Live your lives to the fullest instead of wasting it online.

Wikipedia needs a revolution. Otherwise, there is no hope. Anyway, I’m here only for the arbcom election. We’re at a crossroad. Make the right choice, vote the right people.

China=shame! Long live joke banners.

"Keep ya head up. Do what you gotta do. And then, inside of you, I will be reborn."-Tupac Shakur

Peace,

Certified.Gangsta

Amarkov
I don't understand why he treats defending an annoying joke banner like it's analagous to standing up against corrupt admins. But seeing what he's gone through, I certainly sympathize with him.
LamontStormstar
He also said, "If an identified sockpuppet of a fucking troll can request a username change while an established editor who got set-up by a shameless faction in the community is denied this privilege, then the system is fucked up."

Viridae
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sun 17th February 2008, 1:12pm) *

He also said, "If an identified sockpuppet of a fucking troll can request a username change while an established editor who got set-up by a shameless faction in the community is denied this privilege, then the system is fucked up."

Any idea who he is referring to?
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Viridae @ Sun 17th February 2008, 12:53am) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sun 17th February 2008, 1:12pm) *

Any idea who he is referring to?

I assumed he meant wikipedia is lax on banned users unless the banned users get political.
The Joy
CG drew the ire of many editors on the Taiwan-related articles, particularly the currently temporarily banned Ideogram. I can't remember which one, but he was sanctioned in a ArbCom case because of him and Ideogram edit warring.
Wizardman
A topic concerning Certified Gangsta? I actually decided to make an account here as a result.

I caught him edit-warring a year ago on some British models, namely Keeley Hazell. What was he doing? Changing "English" to "British" back and forth. I tried and failed to compromise with him, and since then he continues to paint me as an edit-warrior. It's actually kind of sad, really. This and the following arbcom case and review was my only real interaction with him.

The arbcom case you were referring to, btw, is here.
Kato
QUOTE(Wizardman @ Mon 18th February 2008, 9:31pm) *

A topic concerning Certified Gangsta? I actually decided to make an account here as a result.

I caught him edit-warring a year ago on some British models, namely Keeley Hazell. What was he doing? Changing "English" to "British" back and forth. I tried and failed to compromise with him, and since then he continues to paint me as an edit-warrior. It's actually kind of sad, really. This and the following arbcom case and review was my only real interaction with him.

The arbcom case you were referring to, btw, is here.

Hello Wizardman! Welcome to Wikipedia Review.
michael
Certified wanted a username change to NWA Rep, or something like that. It was denied because he was under sanction from the arbitration committee. Not sure what he means by banned users, though.
The Joy
I remember him being angry about RevolverOcelotX and his socks harassing him. I think CG is upset that ROX's socks were allowed to harass him (in his view) despite his pleas for them to be blocked per WP:BAN. That was one topic I followed.
Castle Rock
QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 18th February 2008, 5:54pm) *

I remember him being angry about RevolverOcelotX and his socks harassing him. I think CG is upset that ROX's socks were allowed to harass him (in his view) despite his pleas for them to be blocked per WP:BAN. That was one topic I followed.

Except RevolverOcelotX isn't banned:

# 02:38, 8 March 2007 Nlu (Talk | contribs) blocked "RevolverOcelotX (Talk | contribs)" (anon. only, autoblock disabled) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Pursuant to user request to have another account (User:LionheartX))
Viridae
CG was one of those idiotic editors who would bitch moan and wikilawyer about anything that didnt go his way. Ie that silly joke banner, taiwan articles etc.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 18th February 2008, 7:04pm) *

CG was one of those idiotic editors who would bitch moan and wikilawyer

He says he's a lawyer in real life.

Moulton
Ergo, Wikipedia is not real life. smile.gif
Viridae
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 20th February 2008, 11:03pm) *

QUOTE(Moulton @ Thu 21st February 2008, 2:03am) *

Ergo, Wikipedia is not real life. smile.gif

Jesus christ must be one of those over litigious ambulance chasers - i seriously thought he was about 13 the way he went on.
Nya
QUOTE(Viridae @ Wed 20th February 2008, 4:57pm) *

Jesus christ must be one of those over litigious ambulance chasers - i seriously thought he was about 13 the way he went on.

So did I. What sort of lawyer would choose the handle Certified Gangsta?
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Nya @ Wed 20th February 2008, 3:05pm) *

What sort of lawyer would choose the handle Certified Gangsta?

Probably a white american.
Wizardman
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 20th February 2008, 7:03am) *

He also says his net worth's $5.5 million. Heck, he's a guy who probably doesn't even deserve his own thread. Or maybe his uselessness and arrogance Does in fact deserve a thread. The regs would know better than I.
Viridae
What evidence do we have that he is actually a lawyer? I find the claim a little suspicious in the light of the one that he is worth 5.5mil and the name "certified gangsta" Seems pretty middle class white nerdy 13 year old to me.
Moulton
Ergo, Wikipedia is a fantasy role-playing game to the likes of such characters.
KStreetSlave
QUOTE(Wizardman @ Wed 20th February 2008, 11:24pm) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 20th February 2008, 7:03am) *

He also says his net worth's $5.5 million. Heck, he's a guy who probably doesn't even deserve his own thread. Or maybe his uselessness and arrogance Does in fact deserve a thread. The regs would know better than I.

Since he's a Tupac Shakur fan, he's likely west coast.
Unless he's a long term equity partner at a top law firm, he certainly does not have 5.5 million from his law practice. That would make him in his late 30's, early 40's, too old for the "gangsta rap" scene.

Unless he won the lottery, or inherited a lot of money from mommy and daddy, he's probably lying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.