and how times DO change

Jimmy Wales Faces Allegations of Corruption

"The SFGate site has up an article noting that Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia, is facing allegations from multiple quarters accusing him of abusing his power. Several people apparently claim he used the foundation to pay for personal expenses, including reimbursement for a $1,300 dinner for four at a Florida steakhouse. Accusations have also been made indicating that he edited the Wikipedia entry of political commentator Rachel Marsden, a woman he was seeing, at her request. In the case of that allegation, Wales replied that 'I acted completely consistently with Wikipedia policy. I did the right thing: I passed along my work to date for other editors to deal with, and I recused myself from the case.'"

Wikipedia founder dogged by tawdry tales online
San Jose Mercury News, USA - 7 hours ago

By Scott Duke Harris Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia, answers a question during an interview with The Associated Press in St. Petersburg, Fla. last June. ...

Allegations swirl around Wikipedia's Wales
San Francisco Chronicle, USA - 13 hours ago
Wool insinuated on his blog, All's Wool that Ends Wool, that Wales was careless with expenses and receipts, often asking the San Francisco foundation to pay for personal expenses. He said the expenditures piled up as Wales' celebrity grew, prompting the foundation to take away his credit card.

According to Wool, the foundation, which relies on donations from users, performed an audit in 2006, allegedly resulting in a settlement with Wales.

"Originally, it was carelessness," Wool said of Wales' financial record-keeping in a phone interview Tuesday. "But as things developed, it became more apparent and obvious that he was taking advantage of the foundation credit card. It was almost like his personal piggy bank."

For example, Wool said, Wales asked the foundation to reimburse him for a $1,300 dinner for four at a Florida steakhouse.

Note: He's being done by the Chronicle? He's out. No more Silicon Valley supporters.

264 Google stories alone for "wales massage parlor". And counting....