Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Majorly & Matthew
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
Bob Boy
What's the connection between Majorly and Matthew? I know some sockpuppetry allegations came up during Majorly's reconfirmation RfA. Matthew is a total Ryulong-style wanker, but Majorly seems to be his consistent protector. He intervened for him on the 3RR board today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=..._.28Result:_.29
The Wales Hunter
IRC friends, apparently. No doubt Majorly will be along shortly to tell us.
wikiwhistle
Maggie claims Matthew is not his sock. I don't think he would lie about that (famous last words I know though lol), as it would be easy for him to be rumbled by checkuser I expect if he did.

People somehow still seem to believe they're the same man though. A shame he can't clear his name.
The Wales Hunter
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Tue 25th March 2008, 10:29pm) *

Maggie claims Matthew is not his sock. I don't think he would lie about that (famous last words I know though lol), as it would be easy for him to be rumbled by checkuser I expect if he did.

People somehow still seem to believe they're the same man though. A shame he can't clear his name.

The whole thing is odd as I seem to recall one of them was physically with some Wiki admins when socking was meant to be happening!

There is no way they are socks.
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(The Wales Hunter @ Tue 25th March 2008, 10:56pm) *

The whole thing is odd as I seem to recall one of them was physically with some Wiki admins when socking was meant to be happening!

Yes, maggie was at the manchester meet, when supposedly Matthew was editing. I was there, so was Ryan- I don't think Mags sneaked away at any point.
The Joy
Didn't one of them allow the other to briefly use their account for some special purpose? Then the password was scrambled and the completely innocent action was over. Finally, CheckUser confirmed the incident and Greg Maxwell crawled out of a rotten log long enough to defame Majorly on his RFA despite nothing bad having been done.

Poor Matthew, King James of Forrestor kicked him out of the IRC for posting IRC logs regarding Giano. Matthew practically committed wiki-suicide then, but it was for the good of Wikipedia even though no one congratulated him for it.
Alex
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Tue 25th March 2008, 11:05pm) *

QUOTE(The Wales Hunter @ Tue 25th March 2008, 10:56pm) *

Yes, maggie was at the manchester meet, when supposedly Matthew was editing. I was there, so was Ryan- I don't think Mags sneaked away at any point.

Please don't keep calling me Maggie. My name is Majorly, or Alex, but definitely not Maggie. Thanks.
wikiwhistle
honestly lol, chill hun, I didn't mean anything disparaging by it smile.gif Am I not supporting you in this thread?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.