Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome back, Poetlister!
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
Shalom
Poetlister is unblocked. For one glorious moment, all is forgiven in the Wikipedia universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Poetlister
Random832
Well, unless it's publicly acknowledged that she's not a sockpuppet, we can complain about half-measures. Personally, I want to see at least one of the other accounts (maybe Taxwoman) unblocked, so that the fiction that these were all the same user, who is now being permitted to return under the name Poetlister, can be absolutely and permanently demolished.
Peter Damian
Well done! I can hardly say welcome, but ... That is welcome new, at any rate.
Moulton
Is there a follow-up investigation to learn how the justice system failed in this particular case, so as to reduce the likelihood of similar false positives going forward?
Random832
QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 4:24pm) *

Is there a follow-up investigation to learn how the justice system failed in this particular case, so as to reduce the likelihood of similar false positives going forward?

I LOL'd.
Peter Damian
In fact, I may be able to say 'welcome' after all, since there may be good news on my side as well.
Somey
And a big thanks to Shalom for restoring the original user page...!

QUOTE(Random832 @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 11:16am) *
Well, unless it's publicly acknowledged that she's not a sockpuppet, we can complain about half-measures. Personally, I want to see at least one of the other accounts (maybe Taxwoman) unblocked, so that the fiction that these were all the same user, who is now being permitted to return under the name Poetlister, can be absolutely and permanently demolished.

One step at a time, I guess. Must learn to crawl first...
Aloft
QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 11:24am) *

Is there a follow-up investigation to learn how the justice system failed in this particular case
That would require a belief that it did fail. This appears to be a "You did it, but you've been good since then so we're unblocking you."

I can't understand why she would even want to be unblocked after all the false allegations. They act like they're doing her a favor by letting her work on Jimbo's farm.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Shalom @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 12:10pm) *

Poetlister is unblocked. For one glorious moment, all is forgiven in the Wikipedia universe.

User§talk:Poetlister

Like Mark Twain, James Joyce, and My Mum used to say —

Inagain, Outagain, Finnagain …

Jon cool.gif
thekohser
I would say that all of this was made possible by Newyorkbrad's withdrawal from the Wikipedia project, but Poetlister did ask me to drop it, so I won't say that.

rolleyes.gif

Greg
Moulton
QUOTE(Aloft @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 12:29pm) *
QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 11:24am) *
Is there a follow-up investigation to learn how the justice system failed in this particular case
That would require a belief that it did fail. This appears to be a "You did it, but you've been good since then so we're unblocking you."

I can't understand why she would even want to be unblocked after all the false allegations. They act like they're doing her a favor by letting her work on Jimbo's farm.

If this were my case, I'd want to be sure that whatever went haywire in the first place had been fixed, so that a repeat of an erratic block would not be as likely to occur as the first time around.
Aloft
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 11:30am) *

QUOTE(Shalom @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 12:10pm) *

User§talk:Poetlister

Like Mark Twain ... used to say —
"Does a boy girl get a chance to whitewash a fence write an encyclopedia every day?"
Poetlister
QUOTE(Aloft @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 5:29pm) *

I can't understand why she would even want to be unblocked after all the false allegations.

It's the closest they can bring themselves to clearing me, which is what I wanted.

QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 5:34pm) *

I would say that all of this was made possible by Newyorkbrad's withdrawal from the Wikipedia project, but Poetlister did ask me to drop it, so I won't say that.

If Newyorkbrad hadn't been bullied off, at least some of the others would have been unblocked too.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 12:34pm) *

rolleyes.gif

Greg

Sorry, Greg, only one She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) to a family.*

Jon cool.gif

* Some restrictions apply, including but not limited to:
  1. Families with daughters.
  2. Families with live-in nannies.
  3. Families with live-in mothers-in-law.
  4. Other families with the Chinese-Proverbial "2 women 1 roof".
BobbyBombastic
Congrats PL.
everyking
Poetlister, I think you should now look towards exoneration by requesting a review of the validity of your block. It's unreasonable to expect you to continue to work on the encyclopedia while false accusations against you continue to be upheld (although, admittedly, I've been doing exactly that for over three years).
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Poetlister @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 12:58pm) *

QUOTE(Aloft @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 5:29pm) *

I can't understand why she would even want to be unblocked after all the false allegations.

It's the closest they can bring themselves to clearing me, which is what I wanted.

QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 5:34pm) *

If Newyorkbrad hadn't been bullied off, at least some of the others would have been unblocked too.

O.G. Do ya think if I started saying BADTHINGS about DB they'd take me back, too?

Do Ya, Huh, Huh?

Oh Wait, what if DB starts saying BADTHINGS about me so they'll take him back?

Yikes! I'd better try to get my digs in first —

Jon cool.gif
Poetlister
QUOTE(everyking @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 8:32pm) *

Poetlister, I think you should now look towards exoneration by requesting a review of the validity of your block.

I have twice requested a review of the validity of my block. The first got nowhere. Thanks to Newyorkbrad, the second made some progress.

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 8:38pm) *

O.G. Do ya think if I started saying BADTHINGS about DB they'd take me back, too?

Do Ya, Huh, Huh?

I hope nobody is suggesting that they did this because of what I said about Daniel.

Milton Roe
QUOTE(Shalom @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 4:10pm) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Poetlister

Poetlister Passes

You're again up at bat
The admins keep their rep;
Though you got a spanking;
And believe what they feed ya;

There'r new chicks on the chat;
The slug's on the step;
Jimbo's off wanking--
All's right with the 'pedia!

tongue.gif
WhispersOfWisdom
Yes, I know...back again...so soon...did not want to stay away when things are beginning to take shape.

WR is proving to be a very fertile place for good planting and growing. IMHO.

Congratulations Poetlister; I perceive a sense of wisdom taking hold ever so slowly over at the mothership.

I also believe we may see a few other good things happen soon enough.

Back in Chitown for some things. I felt a need to write a couple of things at WP while I was traveling. What fun! I conversed on the NYB thingy and confronted the privacy issue.
Mr. Shankbone, you certainly have opinions, don't you. The law is not your forte, I suspect.

I was wondering if edit at WP, would I be banned, even though the Lee Nysted that was there wasn't even me? Oh well...some good talking going on there. smile.gif

WhispersOfWisdom
QUOTE(Poetlister @ Fri 2nd May 2008, 5:30pm) *

I have twice requested a review of the validity of my block. The first got nowhere. Thanks to Newyorkbrad, the second made some progress.

Ah yes...he is a good soul.

I recommend that he meet with his exec. committee partners; simply let fly that he is the most loved contributor to WP and is by far the most well respected arbcom. member; he will keep the project in the right perspective in light of his responsibilities at the firm, and...............

He will return using his real name, real credentials, and he will rock again.

A passion he has, nicht vahr? A beacon, he is. smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.