Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintagekits unblocked by "Deacon of Pndapetzim"
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
Gold heart
Vintagekits has been unblocked by Deacon of Pndapetzim. Huge storm created, and now the knives are out for the Deacon. Many admins are furious, and seething with the audacity of Deacon to take the lead.!!

Rockpocket goes ballistic!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Adm...s_now_unblocked

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
The Joy
I like how Deacon is taking this. It is a tempest in a teapot. If there's so much poo being slung over his unblock, why not someone else do it? He's given them permission to do so.

But, poor Deacon! He's run into the whole Troubles crowd! sad.gif
The Joy
I don't understand why VK has been allowed to continue editing his talk page. I thought SOP procedure was protect the talk page of banned/indefinitely blocked individuals or redirect their talk page to their user page? unsure.gif

I'm not sure I want to know why he and Gold Heart are singing on his talk page...
Herschelkrustofsky
Moderator's note: I moved the ensuing battle between Goldheart and Alison to this thread in the tar pits.
Alison
QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 5th May 2008, 7:27pm) *

I like how Deacon is taking this. It is a tempest in a teapot. If there's so much poo being slung over his unblock, why not someone else do it? He's given them permission to do so.

But, poor Deacon! He's run into the whole Troubles crowd! sad.gif

I feel sorry for Deacon. He is a new admin, he's a nice guy, but the Troubles stuff just burns people out, on all sides of the divide, admin or no. I'm loathe to go near that stuff if I can help it, and I know Foz feels the same.

And yeah, I'm supporting VK on the unblock. With conditions ... smile.gif
Gold heart
QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 6th May 2008, 7:21am) *

I feel sorry for Deacon. He is a new admin, he's a nice guy,

Yes, he is one hell of a nice guy and admin, and I don't feel sorry for him at all, he's man enough to stand his own ground.

He's worthy of admiration!! wink.gif

cool.gif
Gold heart
Battle of the admins!!

Administrator "Deacon" strikes back, accuses administrator "Rockpocket" of tedious abuse. ohmy.gif

The war continues, now 2 female admins go head to head. blink.gif
that one guy
Gold Heart, you're enjoying this aren't you?
Gold heart
QUOTE(that one guy @ Tue 6th May 2008, 5:43pm) *

Not really, although I could go much much stronger if I was of that disposition, but the gentleman inside me says "no". I won't elaborate.

Brandt and Brad seem to be the flavour of the week. Eventually people grow out of Wikipedia, the longer one stays around, the more pov-pushers one meets, and the more enemies they collect. I have noticed that there is a "C type" Wikipedian, who normally follows the crowd, never really sticks their head above the parapet. Well they seem to last and last. They'll get it in the "end" too, when WP is eclipsed. unsure.gif

I'll pack-up soon, and leave it to the 'pack'. Vintagekits, who was supposed to be so horrible that he had to be banned for life is being welcomed back with open arms by the same people who wanted him gone, fickle mob. Saying that, I always defended Vintagekits. Apparently he had some beers one night and told a bunch of sockpuppets to "f*** o**" etc, huge crime! Sadly, a loot of hypocrites, they can have each other and the whole shebang. wink.gif rolleyes.gif
Vintagekits
QUOTE(Gold heart @ Tue 6th May 2008, 6:22pm) *

QUOTE(that one guy @ Tue 6th May 2008, 5:43pm) *

Not really, although I could go much much stronger if I was of that disposition, but the gentleman inside me says "no". I won't elaborate.

Brandt and Brad seem to be the flavour of the week. Eventually people grow out of Wikipedia, the longer one stays around, the more pov-pushers one meets, and the more enemies they collect. I have noticed that there is a "C type" Wikipedian, who normally follows the crowd, never really sticks their head above the parapet. Well they seem to last and last. They'll get it in the "end" too, when WP is eclipsed. unsure.gif

I'll pack-up soon, and leave it to the 'pack'. Vintagekits, who was supposed to be so horrible that he had to be banned for life is being welcomed back with open arms by the same people who wanted him gone, fickle mob. Saying that, I always defended Vintagekits. Apparently he had some beers one night and told a bunch of sockpuppets to "f*** o**" etc, huge crime! Sadly, a loot of hypocrites, they can have each other and the whole shebang. wink.gif rolleyes.gif

To be fair I did a lot worse than that!! But in my defense I was "mortal" - at least I can look back on it and laugh.

Anyway - I do seem to get people off the fense and have an opinion dont I!!!!
guy
Where's Greg to criticise Vintagekits for wanting to be unblocked?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.