Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you think about this administrator retiring
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
Prisoner 7635317
What do you think about administrator Jersyko retiring?

According to the relevent people's user talk page, a user's husband confronted Jersyko with evidence about his scheme to ban people for personal pleasure. (I remember seeing Jersyko's name about a month ago from another user on another continent complaining about Jersyko and was promptly banned!) Rather than fix the bans, Jersyko unilaterally retired and deleted his user page and user talk page. The husband says that's an admission of guilt as much as an individual who commits suicide when confronted with evidence of their crime. The husband said that the retirement does not solve the problem.

Sounds like guilt to me.

Naturally, the husband was promptly banned and his explanation reverted but not before many people saw it.
Jon Awbrey
I think this belongs in the Editor Forum.

Jon cool.gif
Kato
<moderator note> moved from General discussion to Editors forum
thekohser
QUOTE(Prisoner 7635317 @ Mon 5th May 2008, 11:01pm) *

Sounds like guilt to me.

When Wikipedia admins retire, it's often the guilt that overwhelmed them.
Castle Rock
QUOTE(Prisoner 7635317 @ Mon 5th May 2008, 8:01pm) *

What do you think about administrator Jersyko retiring?

According to the relevent people's user talk page, a user's husband confronted Jersyko with evidence about his scheme to ban people for personal pleasure. (I remember seeing Jersyko's name about a month ago from another user on another continent complaining about Jersyko and was promptly banned!) Rather than fix the bans, Jersyko unilaterally retired and deleted his user page and user talk page. The husband says that's an admission of guilt as much as an individual who commits suicide when confronted with evidence of their crime. The husband said that the retirement does not solve the problem.

Sounds like guilt to me.

Naturally, the husband was promptly banned and his explanation reverted but not before many people saw it.

Obvious troll was obvious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.