Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Innocent user banned as sockpuppet of myself
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
Looch
Hi all, been away from this place for awhile, but I just went on Wikipedia and saw that Burntsauce was banned for the second time as a sockpuppet of myself, this time permanently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...User:Burntsauce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...tration/Alkivar

Just shows you that any well-meaning user can be banned, because I'm sure as hell not this guy...

Looch (JB196 on Wikipedia)
Castle Rock
Yeah, this is really weak:

Burntsauce disrupting per a banned user

2) Burntsauce (talk · contribs) has been advancing the disruptive agenda of the community-banned vandal JB196 (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · block user · block log).

Passed 6-0 at 01:17, 8 November 2007 (UTC)

The key points of evidence were disagreeing with articles filled with trivial crap and enforcing BLP on wrestling articles.

Burntsauce is sock of a banned user

3) Burntsauce (talk · contribs) is very likely to be either a meat- or sock-puppet of another banned user, per evidence submitted privately to the Committee.

Passed 6-0 at 01:17, 8 November 2007 (UTC)

Maybe say who???
everyking
It was right to ban Burntsauce, but not on the basis of the allegation of sockpuppetry. There was enough in his editing history to warrant it.
guy
QUOTE(everyking @ Tue 6th May 2008, 5:38am) *

It was right to ban Burntsauce, but not on the basis of the allegation of sockpuppetry. There was enough in his editing history to warrant it.

Yes, but it's easier to ban someone based on secret evidence of sockpuppetry, because it's harder to argue against.
that one guy
And does anyone remember who submitted said secret evidence? wink.gif
Looch
QUOTE(everyking @ Tue 6th May 2008, 4:38am) *

What basis was there to ban Burntsauce that did not involve allegations of sockpuppetry?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.