Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everyone is Dereks1x!
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
Prisoner 7635317
Look at User:JerryVanF

Now we know the user's real name!

You should make it easy for them and look up Dereks1x articles and edit exactly like him and have the list of socks of his expand!
The Joy
If this keeps up, Jonny's going to lose his title as "Master Sockpuppeteer" on Wikipedia.
Somey
This edit, from one of the accused sock-accounts, was kind of funny:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=119218011
QUOTE(User:HumanThing @ 06:25, 31 March 2007)
I assume that you can't talk. Just listen. I was curious to see what is a Durova. Fruit? City name? Person's name? So I clicked. Oh my! I am being stalked! This other person already linked my conversation (on top) and communicated it to Durova....with the efficiency of the KGB and CIA. They are listening because they caught it in just minutes (1) and (2) . OMG! I am running. They are strong. They have a license to spy and threaten, just like 007. Either that or they are just ruthless and have nothing better to do. Me? I have better things to do. À la prochaine...oh, I is not muppet or pinnochio!

"They have a license to spy and threaten, just like 007" sounds like a top-line blurb to me...

There's also this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=210933687
QUOTE(User:HappyFarmerShoes @ 01:01, 8 May 2008)
I am a sockpuppet of Happy Farmer of Asparagus, NOT Dereks1x.

I protest being called Dereks1x and will continue to do all in my power (be it complain, civil disobiedience, freedom fighter techniques) until somebody listens to me.

However, to save you trouble, I've placed the Derek label as you're going to do it anyway.
Prisoner 7635317
Look who they banned now. User:BVande. This user showed his driver's license to an administrator as B. Vanderbilt.

So we know that there is B. Vanderbilt and Jerry VanFleet, with confirmed indentities. So which one is Derek or is Derek a 3rd person.

By logic, we can see that at least one innocent person is being banned because the definition of a sock is ONE person making several accounts but we have at least two people confirmed. But Wikipedia is not logical. Let's ban some more people. Let's see if you can be banned for being Dereks1x! Funny! (in a sad way)
Derktar
QUOTE(Prisoner 7635317 @ Fri 16th May 2008, 12:05pm) *

So which one is Derek or is Derek a 3rd person.

I'm a third person, but I have nothing to do with Dereks1x, I swear!

I remember seeing his name come up on ANI for a community ban while I was still editing.
Rootology
Some of these sock hunts honestly are on the level of people screaming YOU ARE SPARTACUS.
guy
QUOTE(Prisoner 7635317 @ Fri 16th May 2008, 8:05pm) *

By logic, we can see that at least one innocent person is being banned because the definition of a sock is ONE person making several accounts but we have at least two people confirmed.

That sort of alibi was already dismissed in the Poetlister case. Yes, there are several real people claiming to be Poetlister, Taxwoman etc but in fact they're all stooges and there is just one person who is really running all the accounts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.