Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Richard Arthur Norton
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
lolwut
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richard_...Norton_(1958-_)

Anyone think he looks like Steve Buscemi, or more specifically the Mr. Pink character from Reservoir Dogs?

I must say though that this guy's inclusionism is admirable going on his AfD work, going against the tide of deletionism from people with nothing better to do with their lives.
guy
I've always found him a responsible editor. If his name reflects his date of birth, and the picture tends to confirm this, it shows that maturity can lead to better editing.
Giggy
Wasn't he one of the ones involved in the Footnotes ArbCom case (the one that led to that epic BLP shakeup)?
prospero
QUOTE(Giggy @ Sat 5th July 2008, 9:27am) *

Wasn't he one of the ones involved in the Footnotes ArbCom case (the one that led to that epic BLP shakeup)?

Yes, but I do not think it was his fault that BLP got dragged into it. He was having a problem with another editor who was using footnotes inappropriately. That was the heart of the case at first, thus why nobody was paying attention to it. During the case, Rveese managed to slip in the fact that the same editor also was edit warring over adding some subject's role in a movie to the subject's biography even though the subject didn't want it in there. Big fucking deal. Quite frankly, the subject should have been told to take a hike, but as usual, the OTRS volunteer didn't have the balls. Seriously, people at OTRS need to grow a spine and learn to recognize when someone is trying to abuse the system for self-promotion or spin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.