Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harvard Medical School To Help Build Wikipedia for Medicine - Harvard Crimson
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Newsfeed

•Harvard Medical School To Help Build Wikipedia for Medicine
Harvard Crimson, MA -22 minutes ago
By JUNE Q. WU James P. Currier, founder and chairman of Medpedia—what aims to become the world's largest collaborative online encyclopedia of medicine and ...

View the article
Crestatus
If you don't want to rely on Wikipedia for basic information, I wouldn't want to rely on a wiki for my health.
GlassBeadGame
As far as I can tell this is a typical media conflation of wiki software with "Wikipedia." "Modeled after" is not otherwise elaborated upon and the project seems closer to Citizendium.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Crestatus @ Fri 8th August 2008, 2:48pm) *

If you don't want to rely on Wikipedia for basic information, I wouldn't want to rely on a wiki for my health.

Ah, you're afraid you might die of a misprint, as Twain said. But even written by experts (which this hopes it will be) it's no better than a good medical text. You personally as a patient will probably have a history, set of findings, and set of problems which make you relatively unique, and which will require a educated inductive guess by somebody, because there is no study in the literature of people *exactly* like you. So the thing is a generator of questions for you come up with to ask your doc, like any other generalized literature.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.