Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia shakes finger at Erik Paulsen - Minneapolis City Pages
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Newsfeed

•Wikipedia shakes finger at Erik Paulsen
Minneapolis City Pages, MN -8 minutes ago
Subjected to the light of day, Sarah Palin doesn't look like a maverick at all. By Wayne Barrett Exposing a construction-site scam only a San Francisco cop ...

View the article
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Newsfeed @ Tue 14th October 2008, 8:25pm) *

•Wikipedia shakes finger at Erik Paulsen
Minneapolis City Pages, MN -8 minutes ago
Subjected to the light of day, Sarah Palin doesn't look like a maverick at all. By Wayne Barrett Exposing a construction-site scam only a San Francisco cop ...

View the article

Man, this is a disaster waiting to happen.

"Somebody" created the article using standard copy off of the candidates website. Already in the talkpage, you have a comment which throws oil on the fire :

:I don't have the time either, but this is perhaps the worst POV violation I've seen in my years at Wikipedia. FIX IT or I'll report it, and then you'll get lots of other people editing the POV out of it. [[User:Moncrief|Moncrief]] ([[User talk:Moncrief|talk]]) 17:58, 2 October 2008 (UTC)

Moncrief continues his campaign in the article edit summaries :

# (cur) (last) 15:06, 13 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (4,870 bytes) (→Biography: Unless it was many years later, WHY add "later"? It's obvious that college follows high school) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 15:05, 13 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) m (4,876 bytes) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 15:05, 13 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (4,879 bytes) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 15:04, 13 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (4,886 bytes) (The random capitalization of common nouns is one of the greatest scourges facing English today) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 15:03, 13 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (4,886 bytes) (→Biography: Four daughters LATER?) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 15:02, 13 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (4,878 bytes) (→Biography: State director of WHAT???? Crikey, people.) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 15:02, 13 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (4,854 bytes) (→Biography: What on EARTH does this mean? She "moved with him" once he realized his passion for policy? Moved in with him? What do you mean by "moved"? Why did his passion create a movement? HUH?) (undo)

Earlier :

# (cur) (last) 17:56, 2 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (6,567 bytes) (Read up on Wikipedia's policy of POV (point of view). This is a glaring example of POV violation) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 17:55, 2 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (6,561 bytes) (fixing more first-name refs. This article is also a candidate for POV violation; it reads like a campaign website) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 17:54, 2 October 2008 Moncrief (Talk | contribs) (6,546 bytes) (This constant violation of Wikipedia's last-name rules is really irritating. Too many to fix now. Use LAST NAME, not first, after first reference. It's the policy.) (undo)

Somebody really has a bee in his bonnet....and the local press seems to have noticed.

Surely there are better ways to go about "fixing" this sort of problem???

Finally, was this really necessary?

The father of four daughters, Paulsen loves spending time with his family and coaching soccer. [citation needed].

Sheez, I mean....get real, people!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.