Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimmy Wales: Knol isn't a Wikipedia Competitor - PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
Newsfeed

•Jimmy Wales: Knol isn't a Wikipedia Competitor
PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung), Austria -27 minutes ago
2009-02-05 16:21:57 - In an interview with Deutsche Welle, the Wikipedia founder talks about why Google's Knol is not a competitor and why Jimmy Carter is ...

View the article
JoseClutch
QUOTE(Newsfeed @ Thu 5th February 2009, 10:53am) *

•Jimmy Wales: Knol isn't a Wikipedia Competitor
PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung), Austria -27 minutes ago
2009-02-05 16:21:57 - In an interview with Deutsche Welle, the Wikipedia founder talks about why Google's Knol is not a competitor and why Jimmy Carter is ...

View the article

In other news, grass green, sky blue.
dogbiscuit
The ego has landed:

Wales stated that he had no desire to take on a government position, but was impressed by the new president and his team. 'Recently I had a phone call with the Obama transition team and I was just super happy after that,' said Wales. 'They at least know I exist. And they sort of reached out to me because they wanted to talk about the website just to get some basic advice and ask if I had any ideas for them. That's impressive to me. I don't think anybody in the last administration ever knew I existed.
Eva Destruction
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Thu 5th February 2009, 6:27pm) *

The ego has landed:

Wales stated that he had no desire to take on a government position, but was impressed by the new president and his team. 'Recently I had a phone call with the Obama transition team and I was just super happy after that,' said Wales. 'They at least know I exist. And they sort of reached out to me because they wanted to talk about the website just to get some basic advice and ask if I had any ideas for them. That's impressive to me. I don't think anybody in the last administration ever knew I existed.

Is it too late to change my vote? (I assume Obama was impressed by this.)

That said, am I the only one who thinks the "phone call from the Obama transition team" consisted of an automated message thanking him for his donation?
Random832
[size=5][font=Comic Sans Ms]

Really? I thought better of you.
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Random832 @ Thu 5th February 2009, 7:37pm) *

[size=5][font=Comic Sans Ms]

Really? I thought better of you.

It was the nearest I could get to schoolboy over-excited scrawl embarrassment factor. Sorry.
JoseClutch
QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Thu 5th February 2009, 2:32pm) *

The ego has landed:

Is it too late to change my vote? (I assume Obama was impressed by this.)

That said, am I the only one who thinks the "phone call from the Obama transition team" consisted of an automated message thanking him for his donation?

Meh, Obama has enough campaign volunteers to invade Poland (HA!). Probably cheaper than automating.
Cedric
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Thu 5th February 2009, 12:27pm) *

The ego has landed:

"You acknowledged my existence! You really, really acknowledged my existence!"*

*All due apologies to Sally Field. She's a great actress with a good sense of humor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.