Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia Infected with Old ILOVEYOU Virus - SPAMfighter News
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Newsfeed

•Wikipedia Infected with Old ILOVEYOU Virus
SPAMfighter News, Denmark
In a special report dated January 16 2008, Wikinews came to know that a couple of users, one with an undisclosed identity and another called User: MODX, inserted a malicious computer virus dubbed 'ILOVEYOU' or 'LoveLetter' into the online encyclopedia, ...

View the article
dtobias
QUOTE(Newsfeed @ Sat 9th May 2009, 2:25pm) *

In a special report dated January 16 2008, Wikinews came to know that a couple of users, one with an undisclosed identity and another called User: MODX, inserted a malicious computer virus dubbed 'ILOVEYOU' or 'LoveLetter' into the online encyclopedia, ...

View the article

The linked article doesn't seem to mention Wikipedia. I'm not sure what part of Wikipedia could host viruses; it's not normal to have executable binary downloads anywhere in the site, though it's possible for it to have external links to places that might try to install binaries.
Eva Destruction
QUOTE(dtobias @ Sat 9th May 2009, 8:11pm) *

QUOTE(Newsfeed @ Sat 9th May 2009, 2:25pm) *

View the article

The linked article doesn't seem to mention Wikipedia. I'm not sure what part of Wikipedia could host viruses; it's not normal to have executable binary downloads anywhere in the site, though it's possible for it to have external links to places that might try to install binaries.

This is the article it should have linked to. I confess to not understanding it, or why something that happened in January 2008 is suddenly "newsworthy".
Somey
QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 9th May 2009, 2:15pm) *
This is the article it should have linked to. I confess to not understanding it, or why something that happened in January 2008 is suddenly "newsworthy".

Oh dear. There may be something wrong with our RSS feed... Or more likely, this is an example of a private company somehow managing to get their commercial website included on Google News.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.