Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Akahele: The inevitability of Web 2.0
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
the fieryangel
A remarkable analysis which needs to be read by anyone concerned with these issues.

The speed with which Web 2.0 came into full-blown existence is in large part the reason this latest consumer-focused media revolution has come into being free of the expected restraining forces – normally offered by order-injecting referee institutions. Hence, not only must Web 2.0 content be largely user-generated, so too the means of protecting truth and reputations.

(could one of the mods correct my typo (inevitability) in the title?)
dtobias
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Tue 2nd June 2009, 6:41am) *

I'd wondered if "ineitability" was some weird academic term... if Jon Awbrey had been the one who used it, I'd be certain of it.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(dtobias @ Tue 2nd June 2009, 11:52am) *

QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Tue 2nd June 2009, 6:41am) *

I'd wondered if "ineitability" was some weird academic term... if Jon Awbrey had been the one who used it, I'd be certain of it.

I type faster than my eyes work (they don't work very well anyway...) and since I spend too much time doing things in French, I don't even see mistakes. I'm ever so much happier since I can go back and fix my numerous mistakes. However, titles weren't part of the deal!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.