Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo Wales: 'No one can make money from Wikipedia... - Register
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
Newsfeed

•Jimbo Wales: 'No one can make money from Wikipedia...
Register, UK
A longtime Wikipedia admin has been caught editing the online encyclopedia in exchange for cash. But the Wikicult can't decide if that's a problem. Earlier this week, someone noticed a post to an online job marketplace where an entrenched Wikifiddler ...

View the article
thekohser
Nice mention of Wikipedia Review by Cade Metz. But, Jimbo didn't "shut down" our company, nor what I may begin to call the "Paid Culture" movement.
Moulton
Ah yes, parenting the old-fashioned, unenlightened way: "Do as I say, not as I do."
sbrown
QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 12th June 2009, 12:27pm) *

Nice mention of Wikipedia Review by Cade Metz. But, Jimbo didn't "shut down" our company, nor what I may begin to call the "Paid Culture" movement.

So this isnt a winner in the "accurate articles about wikipeida" contest? unhappy.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(sbrown @ Fri 12th June 2009, 12:04pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 12th June 2009, 12:27pm) *

So this isnt a winner in the "accurate articles about wikipeida" contest? unhappy.gif

It didn't meet the Alexa threshold of Top 3,000 site.

By the way, see above. There's now a link to the paid culture movement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.