Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia editors for hire
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
The Joy
Wikipedia may be ‘The Free Encyclopedia,’ but that’s not stopping some editors from making a few bucks.

http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2009/06/12/wi...itors-for-hire/
thekohser
Thanks for this, Joy.

Another media piece about paid editing that failed to interview the world's first publicly-disclosed paid editing service related to Wikipedia. Oh well.
Eva Destruction
Why proofreaders shouldn't rely on a spellchecker alone without human cross-checking:

I find it bizarre that the pubic media is now keeping tabs on Wikipedia’s internal arbitration system.
Not wrong per-se… just biz are.
antoniohernandez
Heh heh which is how I laugh in real life...it just struck me that if editing on WP forever and a day (meaning I vandalize then pretend to come in and save the day a gazillion times)--well, if that's something purporting to look good on a resume! Well, I'd say it's bout goddang time we gots fokls what talks good english like i do, writin what needs writ!! give em a damn job!! THAT will further civilization as we know and love it.

It's as if intelligence itself has committed suicide in this country.
carbuncle
QUOTE(antoniohernandez @ Sat 27th June 2009, 4:47am) *

Heh heh which is how I laugh in real life...it just struck me that if editing on WP forever and a day (meaning I vandalize then pretend to come in and save the day a gazillion times)--well, if that's something purporting to look good on a resume! Well, I'd say it's bout goddang time we gots fokls what talks good english like i do, writin what needs writ!! give em a damn job!! THAT will further civilization as we know and love it.

Sorry, what country is this that you speak of?
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sat 27th June 2009, 10:59am) *

QUOTE(antoniohernandez @ Sat 27th June 2009, 4:47am) *

Sorry, what country is this that you speak of?

Illinois: one nation, under 55, unarmed, with flat land/taxes/justice for all, I fib you not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.