Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Akahele - Connectivity, Intent and the “new reality”
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
thekohser
Connectivity, Intent and the “new reality”
by Paul Wehage

Group collaboration is not always a bad thing, especially when individuals perform specialized activities to produce a group advancement. The use of Twitter and Facebook during the recent Iranian electoral uprising also implies that a clearly defined common intent makes more effective use of these tools. Paul Wehage explores how these ideas might be more relevant to our own individual lives than we might suspect.
Jon Awbrey
Oh good, just what we need, more groupthink drivel —

Save your I Like Ike! buttons, Boys! The Fifties shall rise again!

Ja Ja Ja-Ja-Ja boing.gif
thekohser
I wouldn't call it "drivel". Seemed to me that Paul was making a clear case for the importance of "intent" when one seeks to accomplish goals via connectivity.

We're still waiting on your guest essay, Jon.

evilgrin.gif
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Mon 22nd June 2009, 5:44pm) *

Oh good, just what we need, more groupthink drivel —

Save your I Like Ike! buttons, Boys! The Fifties shall rise again!

Ja Ja Ja-Ja-Ja boing.gif

Well, I do like Ike, thank you. Excuse me, but I think "My Little Margie" is coming on...

(Yes, we are still waiting for your guest essay, Jon...)
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 22nd June 2009, 11:51am) *

I wouldn't call it "drivel". Seemed to me that Paul was making a clear case for the importance of "intent" when one seeks to accomplish goals via connectivity.

We're still waiting on your guest essay, Jon.

evilgrin.gif

Not drivel maybe but not much that is news. It does touch on the recent Iranian election and the much lauded use of web 2.0 tools by the protesters. WR has a thread on that matter in "Politics, Religion and such" that is one of few anywhere that critically discusses this, although I also heard a BBC "World Service" piece that covered the pitfalls of using web 2.0 content to understand this situation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.