Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A thank you from mr. tiny
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
antoniohernandez
THANKS EVER SO MUCH TO YOU ALL. PLEASE, FORGIVE MY ALL-CAPITALS. IT'S A BREACH BUT HOPEFULLY YOU'LL FORGIVE IT--MY EYES ARE POOR AND I HAVE NO EASIER WAY TO DO THIS. I LOVE YOU ALL, I AM NOT SHOUTING.

IT'S A WARMING FEELING TO HAVE SUCH GENEROUS WELCOMES. I WAS HIGHLY AMUSED BY THE APPEARANCE OF A SMALL MISUNDERSTANDING...I WAS A COP NEARLY TWO DEACDES AGO. CERTAINLY EVEN THEN THERE WERE ABUSES WE WERE ''ALLOWED''. BUT THERE WERE NO TASERS THEN THAT WE USED OR EVEN POSSESSED.

WHAT I SAW ON WP WAS THE EQUIVALENT OF SOME POOR IRAQI FRUIT SALESMAN TRAPPED AT GITMO BAY--EXCEPT I CAN LEAVE AND GO TO MY FAVORITE STAR TREK SITE ANY TIME.

THE INSTANCE OF ABUSES CAN BE SEEN AT THIS URL, IF I GET IT RIGHT FOR YOU: TROUBLE CAPITAL T

YOU WILL EITHER LAUGH, CRY OR DO SOMETHING SEEMINGLY UNNATURAL IN YOUR TROUSERS WHEN YOU LOOK AT THAT FRIGHT. I MUST ADVISE ANY WHO GO TO OBSERVE, SOME OF MY POSTS AND POSTS OF THE ADMINISTRATORS HAVE BEEN ERASED BY THEM. MAKES 'EM FEEL THEIR PRICKS ARE BIGGER, OR PERHAPS ADDS TO THEM A VIRTUAL DICK, I DON'T KNOW.
Somey
QUOTE(antoniohernandez @ Fri 26th June 2009, 8:22am) *
YOU WILL EITHER LAUGH, CRY OR DO SOMETHING SEEMINGLY UNNATURAL IN YOUR TROUSERS WHEN YOU LOOK AT THAT FRIGHT.

Well, I don't know if I'd call it "unnatural," but it felt pretty interesting for a couple of minutes there...

I'm just going to take a wild guess here: There's a long-running dispute here between the people who think Anna Anderson should have a lengthy, highly-detailed biography, vs. the people who consider her to have been a "nobody," and you, Rev. Hernandez, believe she should have a more detailed biography? And you object to the rationale they're using for shortening it, which (I assume) basically amounts to "she was just an obscure nutcase whom the press got hold of, and who otherwise didn't deserve all the notoriety she received"...?

Interesting problem, but it does look like yet another instance of compromise being made impossible due to a handful of unreasonable people, mostly on the "shorten the article" side. Then again, the natural tendency of all WP articles is to become lengthier and less readable over time, and that tendency is hard to break in any given case - anyone who's trying to significantly shorten one of them almost has to be "unreasonable" to have any chance of success.
aeon
Have you gone apeshit insane? You were quite able to post normally over here.
antoniohernandez
QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 26th June 2009, 7:26pm) *

QUOTE(antoniohernandez @ Fri 26th June 2009, 8:22am) *
YOU WILL EITHER LAUGH, CRY OR DO SOMETHING SEEMINGLY UNNATURAL IN YOUR TROUSERS WHEN YOU LOOK AT THAT FRIGHT.

Well, I don't know if I'd call it "unnatural," but it felt pretty interesting for a couple of minutes there...

I'm just going to take a wild guess here: There's a long-running dispute here between the people who think Anna Anderson should have a lengthy, highly-detailed biography, vs. the people who consider her to have been a "nobody," and you, Rev. Hernandez, believe she should have a more detailed biography? And you object to the rationale they're using for shortening it, which (I assume) basically amounts to "she was just an obscure nutcase whom the press got hold of, and who otherwise didn't deserve all the notoriety she received"...?

Interesting problem, but it does look like yet another instance of compromise being made impossible due to a handful of unreasonable people, mostly on the "shorten the article" side. Then again, the natural tendency of all WP articles is to become lengthier and less readable over time, and that tendency is hard to break in any given case - anyone who's trying to significantly shorten one of them almost has to be "unreasonable" to have any chance of success.

Excellent analysis, but you cannot have the whole picture of that swamp. You see, this one user, some hole-riddled sock puppets, a few admins on a leash who deserve to be put to sleep... and it went on for the last 3 years! Over a simple biographical entry of a fraud! Those people are so damned stupid they don't know an authoritative source from an anal sore!

QUOTE(aeon @ Sat 27th June 2009, 3:39am) *

Have you gone apeshit insane? You were quite able to post normally over here.

Hello, I'm sorry if this remark is directed at me and if I posted wrongly. However, if directed at someone else, please ignore my silly little 'tirade' about it. _/\_ Do you know what this symbol is? We need more of this in the world.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.