Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now for something completely relevant
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
antoniohernandez
OK MY EYES JUST KICKED INTO SHIT-MODE, SO PLEASE FORGIVE THE FONT-CIRCUS.

YOU KNOW, I'M NOT SURE WHETHER THE ADMINISTRATORS AT WP ARE ALL HIGH SCHOOL WANKERS, EITHER LITERALLY OR FIGURATIVELY; I DON'T KNOW IF THEY'RE ASEXUAL BECAUSE THE HUM OF A TOWER IS SUFFICIENT FOR THEM; OR MAYBE THEY CONSIST OF 13,000 EXTRATERRESTRIALS FROM THE PLANET TROTSKY.

ALL I KNOW IS THEY ARE THE MOST APPALING, DISGUSTING ABUSERS OF POWER, SOMETHING TYPICALLY ASSOCIATED WITH SELF-ABUSERS. THEIR BIG FAT COMMUNIST BOOK OF RULES CHANGES FASTER THAN I CAN EVEN THINK ABOUT CHANGING MY UNDERWEAR. THEY EXPERTLY PLAY HIDE-AND-SEEK WITH EMBARASSING POSTS.

I WANT YOU TO KNOW MY HISTORY PROPERLY: UNDER MY OLD USERNAME I INVOKED THE RIGHT TO VANISH...WHICH BY THE WAY IS ''NOT A RIGHT, IT'S A PRIVILEGE'', SO GLAD TO BE BACK IN THE GULAG, THANK YOU!!

I REAPPEARED AND POSTED ONLY UNDER MY IP ADDRESS, WHICH OF COURSE IS ONE OF A MILLION IPS. THIS WAS NECESSARY BECAUSE, LIKE IT IS STARTING HERE, THERE WERE STUPID ACCUSATIONS OR INSINUATIONS ABOUT MY TRUE IDENTITY.

FUCK, MAN, I'M NOT CLARK KENT AND I'M NOT EVEN VERY GOOD AT ALTERING MY WRITING STYLE UNLESS IT'S TO HELP SOMEONE CHEAT ON A DOCTORAL THESIS HA HA HA

WELL, MANY OF YOU PROBABLY KNOW WHAT OCCURRS IF A VANISHED PERSON GOES BACK AND IDENTIFIES HIMSELF, WHICH I HAD TO DO TO STOP THESE ALLEGATIONS THERE. AND YOU KNOW, I WAS ONLY ACCUSED OF BEING A USER CALLED CHATNOIR, WHO WAS IN TURN SUSPECTED OF BEING AUTHOR PETER KURTH, THE MAN WHO WROTE ANNA ANDERSON'S BIOGRAPHY.

KURTH'S BEEN A BIT OFF HIS ROCKER LATELY, OUT OF HIS TREE, AND I FEEL DEEPLY FOR HIM. BUT HE IS KURTH AND I AM HERNANDEZ. I HAVEN'T THE SLIMMEST NEAR-DEATH FART OF A CLUE WHO CHATNOIR IS, BUT I DO SUSPECT THAT USER OF BEING SOMEONE'S PET OR PUPPET--HE NEVER GETS IN TROUBLE AND HAS DONE MORE DAMAGE THAN MOST.

THE ONLY USER I WILL WARN YOU ALL TO WATCH FOR IS AGGIEBEAN. I SWEAR, THAT WOMAN IF THAT IS WHAT IT IS, IS A GRADE-A GRADUATE OF THE CHARIMAN MAO SCHOOL OF WEIRDSHITOMETRY!!
aeon
I'm sorry to ask this, but could you please only post in lowercase? I appreciate that you have eye difficulty, but the way you're talking implies it goes in and out. You might have the most incisive thing to say in the world, but people are going to be completely turned off by the capitals. It's difficult to read and makes you look like you're shouting. I for one stopped trying after about two sentences.
Somey
Here's a proper-case version:
OK my eyes just kicked into shit-mode, so please forgive the font-circus.

You know, I'm not sure whether the administrators at WP are all high-school wankers, either literally or figuratively; I don't know if they're asexual because the hum of a tower is sufficient for them; or maybe they consist of 13,000 extraterrestrials from the Planet Trotsky.

All I know is they are the most apalling, disgusting abusers of power, something typically associated with self-abusers. their big fat Communist book of rules changes faster than I can even think about changing my underwear. They expertly play hide-and-seek with embarassing posts.

I want you to know my history properly: Under my old username I invoked the right to vanish... which by the way is "not a right, it's a privilege," so glad to be back in the Gulag, thank you!!

I reappeared and posted only under my IP address, which of course is one of a million IP's. This was necessary because, like it is starting here, there were stupid accusations or insinuations about my true identity.

Fuck, man, I'm not Clark Kent and I'm not even very good at altering my writing style unless it's to help someone cheat on a doctoral thesis - ha ha ha.

Well, many of you probably know what occurs if a vanished person goes back and identifies himself, which I had to do to stop these allegations there. And you know, I was only accused of being a user called ChatNoir, who was in turn suspected of being author Peter Kurth, the man who wrote Anna Anderson's biography.

Kurth's been a bit off his rocker lately, out of his tree, and I feel deeply for him. But he is Kurth and I am Hernandez. I haven't the slimmest near-death fart of a clue who ChatNoir is, but I do suspect that user of being someone's pet or puppet -- he never gets in trouble and has done more damage than most.

The only user I will warn you all to watch for is Aggiebean. I swear, that woman if that is what it is, is a Grade-A graduate of the Chairman Mao School of Weirdshitometry!!
seicer
Thankfully the post was not formatted properly, or we'd be reading Courier-New font that was very, very large.
antoniohernandez
QUOTE(seicer @ Sat 27th June 2009, 5:02am) *

Thankfully the post was not formatted properly, or we'd be reading Courier-New font that was very, very large.

You all express pertinent criticism, and I'm appreciative. It's good to have intellectual back-and-forth with no childishness, no insults.

But I'm afraid this is goodbye. No longer can I stand the impossibly tiny font of this website, and I'm also beginning to get an odd deja-vu feeling here...it's just me, probably.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm on Wikipedia. As of this post I'm leaving. I will always keep a link to your site on my blog and remind everyone about your presence and the good you do...and the good you could be doing in future!

Perhaps begin by giving a myopic old man a break and read his capital letters? Do you think this is easy, that it is pleasant to write like a telegram? But I remind you, please, please remember that words and computer screens do not shout, they do not scream.

That sort of stuff is in your mind. It's the problem wikipedians have, they think what is in their minds is the only reality.

Bye-bye to all, keep up the GOOD work....
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(antoniohernandez @ Fri 26th June 2009, 11:41pm) *

You all express pertinent criticism, and I'm appreciative. It's good to have intellectual back-and-forth with no childishness, no insults.

But I'm afraid this is goodbye. No longer can I stand the impossibly tiny font of this website, and I'm also beginning to get an odd deja-vu feeling here...it's just me, probably.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm on Wikipedia. As of this post I'm leaving. I will always keep a link to your site on my blog and remind everyone about your presence and the good you do...and the good you could be doing in future!

Perhaps begin by giving a myopic old man a break and read his capital letters? Do you think this is easy, that it is pleasant to write like a telegram? But I remind you, please, please remember that words and computer screens do not shout, they do not scream.

That sort of stuff is in your mind. It's the problem wikipedians have, they think what is in their minds is the only reality.

On a good day we flaunt Web 2.0 and Usenet conventions. I've seen nerds flamed for calling all caps "shouting" which is as uncool as linking to WP articles for your own rhetorical allusions or signing your posts with tildes. But then we haven't had that many good days lately.
LaraLove
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sat 27th June 2009, 1:52am) *

QUOTE(antoniohernandez @ Fri 26th June 2009, 11:41pm) *

On a good day we flaunt Web 2.0 and Usenet conventions. I've seen nerds flamed for calling all caps "shouting" which is as uncool as linking to WP articles for your own rhetorical allusions or signing your posts with tildes. But then we haven't had that many good days lately.

I think Lar and I accidentally drop the ~~~~ in our posts pretty often, and immediately go back and edit them out after we save and see it.

As for the font size, Antonio, I have poor vision as well, but I have my screen font enlarged, so I don't see the point in using outrageously large fonts for posts. If it's your own vision you're worried about, how is the font bigger in the edit box and not on the forum?

CRTL and mouse up, dude.
sbrown
I have eyesight problems as well. Does WR attract people like us?
The Joy
Hi Antonio

Under Firefox, you can go to "View" and "Zoom In" to view things in a bigger format.

Under Internet Explorer, look at the bottom far right of the browser window and you can adjust the "zoom level" there. By default, it is at 100%.

Under Apple's Safari, the top left paper icon has the "zoom" menu.

If you are working with Windows XP or Vista, you can use a screen magnifier:

1-) Go to the "Start" Menu

2-) Select "All Programs"

3-) Select "Accessories"

4-) Select "Accessibility" (Windows XP) or "Ease of Access" (Windows Vista)

5-) Select "Magnifier"

There are also some free magnifier software for download out there on the web. I'm not too sure about those, so you'll have to research them before downloading.

I hope this helps and I hope you stick around!

The Joy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.