Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now comes the war on humor
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Will Beback
Herschelkrustofsky
Will has been going through an unusually fertile period lately, producing many edits with high entertainment value. Over the past 24 hours, he first deleted the "humor" section from LaRouche movement (T-H-L-K-D), saying that it only had one source. Another editor restored it, saying that it had more than one source. Now for the mirth: he changes the heading from "humor" to "public activity," claiming that "'humor' is a POV/original research." That doesn't last long either. Never one to give up easily, Will then changes the phrase "attended the California State Democratic Convention to entertain the delegates with a satirical [[Arnold Schwarzenegger]] impression" to "attended the California State Democratic Convention and imitated [[Arnold Schwarzenegger]]," claiming that "'entertained' is a POV."

It is possible that the part about a banner that read "Don't be a sucker for Cox and Dicks" set him off.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Mon 13th July 2009, 2:33pm) *

Will has been going through an unusually fertile period lately, producing many edits with high entertainment value. Over the past 24 hours, he first deleted the "humor" section from LaRouche movement (T-H-L-K-D), saying that it only had one source. Another editor restored it, saying that it had more than one source. Now for the mirth: he changes the heading from "humor" to "public activity," claiming that "'humor' is a POV/original research." That doesn't last long either. Never one to give up easily, Will then changes the phrase "attended the California State Democratic Convention to entertain the delegates with a satirical [[Arnold Schwarzenegger]] impression" to "attended the California State Democratic Convention and imitated [[Arnold Schwarzenegger]]," claiming that "'entertained' is a POV."

It is possible that the part about a banner that read "Don't be a sucker for Cox and Dicks" set him off.

I think Mr. Beback is definitely, erm, how do we say it, a bit light on his feet. wink.gif

But also, with no sense of humor--- a rare combination!

HENCE, he probably doesn't get laid much; no wonder he's in such a bitchy mood all the time.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 13th July 2009, 5:34pm) *
I think Mr. Beback is definitely, erm, how do we say it, a bit light on his feet. wink.gif
But also, with no sense of humor--- a rare combination!
HENCE, he probably doesn't get laid much; no wonder he's in such a bitchy mood all the time.

Ever read some of his rantings on Sierra Club related matters?
And he often brags about being a "Life Member".

He makes me think of an especially boring and doctrinaire schoolteacher.
The kind of guy who causes ordinary people to drop their Sierra Club memberships....

(You could ask Thodin about him.)
Herschelkrustofsky
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=301985347:
...none of these have secondary sources calling them humorous

Herschelkrustofsky
And finally, "Don't be a sucker for Cox and Dicks" bites the dust. Will may not have understood that it was a joke. He was clearly unsettled by the admonition.
Herschelkrustofsky
Will spars with a gal who seems to have his number:

Will Beback: As Maybellyne pointed out,[3] we need sources that call these items humorous. Let's just leave it out for the time being pending such a source. The Fonda material can be folded into the imminent "harassment" section. Will Beback talk 06:22, 5 August 2009 (UTC)

Maybellyne: Will, as I peruse the policy pages I have learned that it is considered bad form to quote another editor out-of-context to give the impression that he or she holds views they do not hold (Wikipedia:Civility#Engaging in incivility.) You added something to the humor section which in my humble opinion was not funny. Since your bias against the LaRouchians is not exactly a state secret, I thought you might be engaging in a bit of Poisoning the well. You insisted that it be kept in the article because it appears in a newspaper article, which I'm sure is nominally correct, but I doubt that the newspaper article in question presented it as humorous (in which case it might belong in the article.) Since you are prone to using sources which are not available on the net, I asked for the text to be posted here. I did not suggest that the other quotes, which in my view are obviously funny because they involve a delicious irony, should be removed pending confirmation from some newspaper that they are actually funny. I would be embarrassed to make such a suggestion, which I fear might be seen as a sign of Anal retentiveness. I hope that any misconceptions about my views have now been cleared up. --Maybellyne (talk) 06:50, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
It's the blimp, Frank
Edit war! confused.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.