Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is causing great amusement on Reddit
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
EricBarbour
File talk: Sun_life.png
Someone will need to continually update this image to move the "now" arrow as time goes on. Grand Dizzy (talk) 19:48, 22 April 2008 (UTC)

Good idea, we should commission people on 10,000 year shifts... FrunkSpace (talk) 09:48, 5 May 2008 (UTC)

Can someone covert this to a dynamic graphic format, then apply some automation with a touch of java. WurmWoodeT 04:24, 21 January 2009 (UTC)

I think the distance between the ticks is about 30 px (but didn't measure it), so we need to move it by one pixel in about 30 million years. I hope the ratio of computers with Flash installed should increase enough by that time as to make Flash animations acceptable at Wikipedia, in which case the problem could be solved more elegantly. We'll see. --Gutza T T+ 20:32, 14 February 2009 (UTC)

Don't worry. It's an animated PNG. The arrow will move as necessary. Moore's law will take care of getting the delay correct in the future. 96.237.20.177
Something tells me that the people who will be making the pixel shift 30 million years from now will find our civilization frighteningly primitive. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 98.178.135.163 (talk) 07:38, 25 July 2009 (UTC)

Stupid joke. So why is Reddit finding it so very funny? yak.gif

(although I will admit, this edit is priceless. wink.gif)
Kelly Martin
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 25th July 2009, 2:58pm) *
So why is Reddit finding it so very funny? yak.gif
Because the reddit user community (which, admittedly, is smarter than the Digg user community) makes Wikipedia's look disgustingly intelligent.

As bad as Wikipedia is, it's not even close to being the cesspool of the Internet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.