Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Socksequences
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Grep
A new party game for when the tequila has been round a few times (pass from right to left only please) is socksequences. Based on the popular Consequences (game), the names of some popular puppetmasters are taken from WP:LTA or SPI and players randomly draw two or more. They then have to propose edits that would combine those socks. For example, a player drawing Scibaby and Ararat arev together could propose adding material on Armenian cow flatulence to a Global Warming article, or the effect of ruminant methane emissions on the history of the Armenian climate. Drawing Bambifan101 as well might lead to proposing an article about a forthcoming Disney animated film to be made in 2012 about Armenian cow flatulence.

Record your party's best answers here.

Of course, this is purely a party game. Actually making such edits could confuse the Checkuser system and degrade Wikipedia's anti-sock technologies. That would be wrong.
SB_Johnny
This thread has been liberated by the guy with the bottle up his butt.

(I'll spare you the lengthy manifesto and the pic)
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Sun 16th August 2009, 6:41pm) *

This thread has been liberated by the guy with the bottle up his butt.

You need to be more specific -- that sounds like a lot of guys on Wikipedia! biggrin.gif
Somey
QUOTE(Grep @ Sun 16th August 2009, 3:47pm) *
A new party game for when the tequila has been round a few times (pass from right to left only please) is socksequences. Based on the popular Consequences (game), the names of some popular puppetmasters are taken from WP:LTA or SPI and players randomly draw two or more. They then have to propose edits that would combine those socks...

This is all a bit silly, don't you think?

I mean, I guess if you could get on an IP in the 58.5.*.* range and edit the User:Natalie Erin page so as to claim that the "SOPHONPANICH MAFIA" has been stealing ATM cards, that might confuse them for a while. But if you ask me, after you've seen enough of this stuff, it just becomes old hat, doesn't it? unsure.gif

Besides, this would only reinforce their already-excessive tendency to believe that all the people who "abuse" Wikipedia are actually the same person, and IMO that would be a disservice to some of our readers.

I'm actually more concerned about the psychological effect this sort of thing is having on all those unpaid admins, and how it must lead them to think that the prevalence of major wack-jobbery in the general population is much higher than it actually is.
GlassBeadGame
This is a game that would only be played by someone with no friends or life. The thought of the lonely Wikipedian drinking alone in his room when the tequila has been round a few times (pass from right to left only please) with his laptop is too sad to even contemplate.
Somey
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sun 16th August 2009, 10:12pm) *
This is a game that would only be played by someone with no friends or life. The thought of the lonely Wikipedian drinking alone in his room when the tequila has been round a few times (pass from right to left only please) with his laptop is too sad to even contemplate.

Well, that goes without saying.
Cla68
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 17th August 2009, 3:23am) *

I would add that it's a bad idea to combine editing Wikipedia or posting messages in discussion forums with alcohol.
Grep
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 17th August 2009, 4:02am) *

This is all a bit silly, don't you think?

Er, it's a game ...
SB_Johnny
QUOTE(Cla68 @ Mon 17th August 2009, 12:17am) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 17th August 2009, 3:23am) *

I would add that it's a bad idea to combine editing Wikipedia or posting messages in discussion forums with alcohol.

...because tequila is not good for keyboards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.