Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gamaliel 2 year rangeblock
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
victim of censorship
Well well, the Grand Gamaliel

Proves him self the thug and coward he is.

To get at me, Grand Gamaliel has blocked a huge part of Dupage County for 2 years:
Full-Width Image

This is the kind of moron that runs Wikipedia...

Any rate, to ROB...

Come and show your self and and debate an Ignorant person with just a High school education.

You're the ELITE, with a Master degree from South Florida University, it should a no brainier for you.

Come and tell your story if you got the balls for it, right here, in an arena where it's fair and you can't punk out.

ROB you are A COWARD, AND A PUNK.

And you wonder why I hate Wikipedia and punks that run it.
jayvdb
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Mon 7th September 2009, 9:33am) *

To get at me, Grand Gamaliel has blocked a huge part of Dupage County for 2 years

This is the kind of moron that runs Wikipedia...

And you wonder why I hate Wikipedia and punks that run it.

He had blocked a /16 from anonymous editing because someone (you?) said that would be necessary to prevent disruption and harassment.

I have run a checkuser, and have reduced the size and length of the block accordingly. If this is you, your conduct is far below the average of Wikipedia Reviewers.

I quickly looked for discussions about Gamaliel here, and mostly it is just victim of censorship complaining about gross problems, without any rational explanation. Can someone fill me in?
Daniel Brandt
A /16 block! It takes a tough-guy admin to do those. Reminds me of the good ol' days when I was logging the #wikipedia IRC channel. By the way, I outed Gamaliel nearly four years ago. He kept screwing with my bio and I got angry.

Wikipedia needs a couple hundred /8 blocks. That would mean that no one in the world can edit, which would be an improvement over what we have now. Actually, you could do it with fewer than a hundred, because a lot of the Class A addresses aren't used much.
Tarc
A vandalizing troll gets banned for...trolling and vandalizing?

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
victim of censorship
QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 7th September 2009, 2:27pm) *

I make the premise that wikipeida vandalizes people's reputations, Property, and truth and Wikipeida only reaps what is sows.

Tarc, considering your a Wikipdiot apologist, I take your statements as a complement.

Besides, let the Tough guy ROB come and defend him self, but considering Rob is a cowardly little man child, afraid of me, he has to have jimbo juiceers like your to come here and Ad hominem me with the values and culture of wikilaw... I give a little primer, here it's Natural law, and I can give a rats ass about what is polite and proper on the Wiki world of lies, and internet blight.
Apathetic
Move to support group or tar pit imo
Somey
QUOTE(jayvdb @ Mon 7th September 2009, 5:51am) *
I have run a checkuser, and have reduced the size and length of the block accordingly.

From two years to one, that's one less year, at least. How much of DuPage County does "68.251.32.0/20" cover, then? Not that I'm all that concerned either way, you understand. I mean, in most respects you're doing the DuPage folks a favor, right? wink.gif

I quickly looked for discussions about Gamaliel here, and mostly it is just victim of censorship complaining about gross problems, without any rational explanation. Can someone fill me in?

Mr. Victim was, and presumably still is, a strong supporter of local conservative congressional candidates. One of them in particular was, in Mr. Victim's estimation, targeted by Gamaliel and a handful of other left-wing non-Chicagoans, in an effort to undermine his candidacy by adding a great deal of negative information to the candidate's BLP article, and reverting many of Mr. Victim's ameliorating edits. (This was during the 2006 election campaign, as I recall.) The whole business involved a lot of angry exchanges, blocks imposed by Gamaliel (or on his behalf), alternate "block-evading" accounts (some of which probably weren't Mr. Victim at all), and as you've seen, WR posts accusing Gamaliel of being a "punk."

In his defense, I'm fairly certain Mr. Victim is using the word "punk" in the old-school "pansy-boy in a penitentiary" sense, as opposed to someone who wears a leather jacket with safety pins and listens to the Sex Pistols, Black Flag, or early Sonic Youth.

QUOTE(Apathetic @ Mon 7th September 2009, 11:38am) *

Probably not a bad idea.
Nerd
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Mon 7th September 2009, 5:35pm) *

I make the premise that wikipeida vandalizes people's reputations, Property, and truth and Wikipeida only reaps what is sows.

Tarc, considering your a Wikipdiot apologist, I take your statements as a complement.

Besides, let the Tough guy ROB come and defend him self, but considering Rob is a cowardly little man child, afraid of me, he has to have jimbo juiceers like your to come here and Ad hominem me with the values and culture of wikilaw... I give a little primer, here it's Natural law, and I can give a rats ass about what is polite and proper on the Wiki world of lies, and internet blight.

You spell Wikipedia in the same way sbrown did (the retarded way). Also you spell the stupid word "Wikipediot" wrong (if there is a right way of spelling it, that is).

You claim he is afraid of you... why would he be afraid of somebody who can't even spell "himself" correctly? You're just a silly fool on the internet. I hardly think he's going to start quivering at the thought of you.

Wow you are an angry little man. Maybe you should engage in discussion here once you have calmed down.

If you're going to be a vandalising troll, you'll get blocked for being one. Jeez, get over yourself.

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Mon 7th September 2009, 2:33pm) *

By the way, I outed Gamaliel nearly four years ago. He kept screwing with my bio and I got angry.

We're proud of you, Daniel. You're doing the world a great service, outing those evil Wikipedians.
victim of censorship
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 7th September 2009, 5:36pm) *

QUOTE(jayvdb @ Mon 7th September 2009, 5:51am) *
I have run a checkuser, and have reduced the size and length of the block accordingly.

From two years to one, that's one less year, at least. How much of DuPage County does "68.251.32.0/20" cover, then? Not that I'm all that concerned either way, you understand. I mean, in most respects you're doing the DuPage folks a favor, right? wink.gif

Mr. Victim was, and presumably still is, a strong supporter of local conservative congressional candidates. One of them in particular was, in Mr. Victim's estimation, targeted by Gamaliel and a handful of other left-wing non-Chicagoans, in an effort to undermine his candidacy by adding a great deal of negative information to the candidate's BLP article, and reverting many of Mr. Victim's ameliorating edits. (This was during the 2006 election campaign, as I recall.) The whole business involved a lot of angry exchanges, blocks imposed by Gamaliel (or on his behalf), alternate "block-evading" accounts (some of which probably weren't Mr. Victim at all), and as you've seen, WR posts accusing Gamaliel of being a "punk."

In his defense, I'm fairly certain Mr. Victim is using the word "punk" in the old-school "pansy-boy in a penitentiary" sense, as opposed to someone who wears a leather jacket with safety pins and listens to the Sex Pistols, Black Flag, or early Sonic Youth.

QUOTE(Apathetic @ Mon 7th September 2009, 11:38am) *

Probably not a bad idea.

Ameliorating...not true, I would have been satisfied if The Grand Gamaliel, his Sock "propol" and Scott (Gothenean) were to have a truly neutral, NPOV bio, according to the "rulez" but alas, the Left wingers l can never stand on issues, only Ad Houmium, censorship and Red herring.

Now the address which the Grand Gamaliel had banned was approx 1/2 of the City of Wheaton.

victim of censorship
QUOTE(Nerd @ Mon 7th September 2009, 7:01pm) *

You spell Wikipedia in the same way sbrown did (the retarded way). Also you spell the stupid word "Wikipediot" wrong (if there is a right way of spelling it, that is).

You claim he is afraid of you... why would he be afraid of somebody who can't even spell "himself" correctly? You're just a silly fool on the internet. I hardly think he's going to start quivering at the thought of you.

Wow you are an angry little man. Maybe you should engage in discussion here once you have calmed down.

If you're going to be a vandalising (sic) troll, you'll get blocked for being one. Jeez, get over yourself.

By the way, I outed Gamaliel nearly four years ago. He kept screwing with my bio and I got angry.

We're proud of you, Daniel. You're doing the world a great service, outing those evil Wikipedians.

Gamaliel IS afraid,...proof... banning 1/2 the city of Wheaton. Lets see of put a tape over your mouth and then start ad Ad homineming you with lies, and insults on a blog web site with the google juice wiki has and see if you don't get a little angry, but I guess you stand above humble me.

Also, learn to spell, Vandalising is not correct, it's VANDALIZING WITH A Z grammar and spelling Nazi, Any rate it's not about me...its about the Gamaliel and hi political agenda and using his tough boy wiki tools, and administrative power, so that Wikpeidia can be use as a sword for his pet political causes. This is dispicable and shows the deprivity of his postition. If pointing this out is trolling then I'm well it.
Nerd
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Mon 7th September 2009, 8:30pm) *

QUOTE(Nerd @ Mon 7th September 2009, 7:01pm) *

If you're going to be a vandalising (sic) troll, you'll get blocked for being one. Jeez, get over yourself.

Gamaliel IS a TROLL...proof... banning 1/2 the city of Wheaton. Lets see of put a tape over your mouth and then start ad Ad homineming you with lies, and insults a blog web site with the google juice wiki has and see if you don't get a little angry, but I guess you stand above humble me.

Also, learn to spell, Vandalising is not correct, it's VANDALIZING WITH A Z grammar and spelling Nazi, Any rate it's not about me...its about the Gamaliel and is abusive political agenda, and using his tough boy wiki tools, and administrative power, so that Wikpeidia can be use as a sword for his pet political causes. This is dispicable and shows the deprivity of his postition. If pointing this out is trolling then I'm well it.

I use s because I'm British. There's no excuse for misspelling Wikipedia, considering it's at the top of every page.

I'm not sure how banning a lot of people because of your idiocy = trolling. It seems to me it = being clueful/keeping pests like you out.

I can't understand the rest of your post so won't comment on it.
victim of censorship
Also, learn to spell, Vandalising is not correct, it's VANDALIZING WITH A Z grammar and spelling Nazi, Any rate it's not about me...its about the Gamaliel and his political agenda, and using his tough boy wiki tools, and administrative power, so that Wikipedia can be use as a sword for his pet political causes. This is despicable and shows the depravity of his position. If pointing this out is trolling then I'm well it.

READ WHAT I WRITE, THIS IS THE REASON.

Now as far as spelling Wikipedia I spell it the Chicago way, with out the i.
Tarc
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Mon 7th September 2009, 3:36pm) *

Shouldn't that be "Chcago", then?
victim of censorship
QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 8th September 2009, 1:03pm) *

Your wrong about the spelling, its spelled out as A D H O M I N E N A T T A C K...

I see you been chugging Jimmy juice this morning
Mr. Spelling Nazi.

The subject is about Wikipedia admins, like you and Gamaliel, who are disrespectful of people's reputations, property rights, and further more, are pathological liars, (see Essay as one example of jimbos top drawer talents), and worst.

It overwhelms me you Wikiclowns always change the subject when you are confronted with an
augment you don't like or one that upsets your warped world wiki view, on how we all have to bow down to the wiki adim and the idea that W I K I P E D I A is the only repository of human knowlege instead of the fact Wikipedia is swamp of sociopathic gamesters.
Tarc
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Tue 8th September 2009, 9:29am) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 8th September 2009, 1:03pm) *

Your wrong about the spelling, its spelled out as A D H O M I N E N A T T A C K...

When you put a particular emphasis on spelling something, it helps to spell it right ("M", not "N")

I see you been chugging Jimmy juice this morning
Mr. Spelling Nazi.

I think it is safe to say that most people around here are not in Jimbo's or many admin's corner on much of anything. But not every thing they do is wrong, nor is every person banned/blocked by them treated unjustly. Sometimes it is most deserving. And you, Mr. Orangejumpsuit, are most deserving.

The subject is about Wikipedia admins, like you and Gamaliel, who are disrespectful of people's reputations, property rights, and further more, are pathological liars, (see Essay as one example of jimbos top drawer talents), and worst.

I'm not an admin, sport.

It overwhelms me you Wikiclowns always change the subject when you are confronted with an
augment you don't like or one that upsets your warped world wiki view, on how we all have to bow down to the wiki adim and the idea that W I K I P E D I A is the only repository of human knowlege instead of the fact Wikipedia is swamp of sociopathic gamesters.

You were disruptive, got blocked, threatened to vandalize anonymously some more if the block wasn't reduced, and got rangeblocked. Not much more to the story, it appears.
victim of censorship

You were disruptive, got blocked, threatened to vandalize anonymously some more if the block wasn't reduced, and got rangeblocked. Not much more to the story, it appears.

"Disruptive"... Wikispeak for "We don't like your point of view"

"vandalze"... Wikispeak for "Correcting errors and POV editing which wikiadmin wish to protect"

"Anonymously"... Wikispeak for " wikiprotected anonymous Identity don't count"

"Rangeblock"... "Coward"

See in the real world, of flesh and blood, Wikipedia's stench of lies become very clear.
grievous
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Mon 7th September 2009, 5:33am) *

To get at me, Grand Gamaliel has blocked a huge part of Dupage County for 2 years:
<snip>

If you want to vandalize without registering, learn to edit from an open proxy, moron.
CrazyGameOfPoker
He's not vandalizing, he's combatting bias.
victim of censorship
QUOTE(grievous @ Wed 9th September 2009, 12:03pm) *

<snip>

If you want to vandalize without registering, learn to edit from an open proxy, moron.

Moron, Many of the public proxies are range banned... and thank you I understand how that works.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wik...on_open_proxies
QUOTE(CrazyGameOfPoker @ Wed 9th September 2009, 1:45pm) *

He's not vandalizing, he's combatting bias.

NO.. Gamalie is promoting HIS Bias...
grievous
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Wed 9th September 2009, 12:12pm) *

QUOTE(grievous @ Wed 9th September 2009, 12:03pm) *

<snip>

Moron, Many of the public proxies are range banned... and thank you I understand how that works.

There are thousands of open proxies that they haven't blocked yet. You just need to know where to look.
Somey
Y'know, it would be better for all concerned if the pro-Wikipedia folks here would stop referring to Mr. Victim here in such derogatory terms. The mere fact that his writing skills are somewhat below the WR average does not make him a "moron" or an "idiot," and given his overall purpose, his Wikipedia activities are hardly "idiotic" or even "trolling." If anything, Wikipedians are the ones who are "trolling" - they're trolling local politics, from pretty much all over the world, anonymously.

Seriously, who's to say that the person inserting negative information about someone in your local state legislature election isn't some sort of international terrorist or criminal? You only have that person's word for it, don't you? In the pre-internet era, this sort of thing was extremely difficult to do. Now, it's not only easy, Wikipedia actually makes it free of charge.

I don't agree with Mr. Victim's politics at all, in fact I despise them, but he has a very good reason to be angry. Local elections should be decided by local citizens. If outsiders want to try to influence them, that's fine - but it should be absolutely clear where they come from and what their agenda is. Wikipedia's ubiquity and ridiculously overranked search-engine footprint makes it too tempting a vehicle, and its support for anonymity (and failure to recognize POV-pushing, especially when it's done by admins) makes it all damn near impossible, at least as far as the internet is concerned.
victim of censorship
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 9th September 2009, 7:05pm) *

Y'know, it would be better for all concerned if the pro-Wikipedia folks here would stop referring to Mr. Victim here in such derogatory terms. The mere fact that his writing skills are somewhat below the WR average does not make him a "moron" or an "idiot," and given his overall purpose, his Wikipedia activities are hardly "idiotic" or even "trolling." If anything, Wikipedians are the ones who are "trolling" - they're trolling local politics, from pretty much all over the world, anonymously.

Seriously, who's to say that the person inserting negative information about someone in your local state legislature election isn't some sort of international terrorist or criminal? You only have that person's word for it, don't you? In the pre-internet era, this sort of thing was extremely difficult to do. Now, it's not only easy, Wikipedia actually makes it free of charge.

I don't agree with Mr. Victim's politics at all, in fact I despise them, but he has a very good reason to be angry. Local elections should be decided by local citizens. If outsiders want to try to influence them, that's fine - but it should be absolutely clear where they come from and what their agenda is. Wikipedia's ubiquity and ridiculously overranked search-engine footprint makes it too tempting a vehicle, and its support for anonymity (and failure to recognize POV-pushing, especially when it's done by admins) makes it all damn near impossible, at least as far as the internet is concerned.

For the record this my politics in a nut shell as it it outlined below....

am a life long Republican. I happen to lean towards a libertarian point of view.

This is what I believe in my politics:

1. I believe the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
2. I believe in equal rights, equal justice and opportunity for all, regardless of race, sex, creed, age or disability.
3. I believe free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
4. I believe government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of what they earn.
5. I believe the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
6. I believe the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
7. I believe Americans must retain principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of the times.
8. I believe Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world or (Za wolność Waszą i Naszą)

IF you, Somey, as, I would assume are a libral, then these ideas seemhateful to you... So be it. I did not get a fancy, public subsidized education from an "elite" institution. NO, I have a "street education" and realize, what is right and works and what is wrong and don't work. And I can tell you this, I have seen the UNION THUGS at work, I HAVE SEEN the vote fraud, and I have seen the RAT FUCKING and the like, and I have come to the conclusion that there is only four types of Democrats (at lest in Illinois politics), they are as follows:
LIAR, THIEF, THUG, and last and not lest, THE NAIVE IDIOT. .

Now what is most disturbing is to me is the liberal have double standards, in regards to how they push POV on Wikipedia, Make no mistake, Gamaliel is the most aggressive, ruthless POLITICAL POV PUSHERS on Wikipedia. I DESPISE HIM. Not for his politics, as we, at lest for now in USA, still have the right to disagree with democrats, but it's the way he goes about it... the BRUTAL LYING, and THUGGERY, and complete lack of accountability and the enabling by Wikipedia, to Gamaliel's agenda. This is why I would love to push his face in if I can. IT S the WIKIPEDIOT intellectual violence which is so egregious and with out control.

Wikipedia should tread lightly, as the USA plunging in to a state were peoples lives are ruined, they will go after things like the main stream media and place like Wikipedia. It has happened in the past and can happen in the future.

And rate, TO ROB (GAMALIEL) YOUR A LITTLE BOY COWARD AND I SPIT ON YOU.

LATE ADDITION... a primer of the wikiway of getting your way.

How to Ban a POV you Dislike, in 9 Easy Steps

1. Do your best to bait, prod, and aggravate somebody on the opposing side of an ideological war from yourself into acting uncivil out of frustration with you. If you have friends, get together with them to gang up on your opponents and get them angry and desperate.
2. When the opponent finally does something that can be construed as a violation of policy, get a friendly admin to block him/her.
3. When the blocked editor uses the means still available to him/her, such as his/her talk page and the e-mail feature, to complain about the unfairness of the block, get your admin friend to bind and gag the editor by removing talk page posting and e-mailing privileges for "trolling" and "harassment".
4. With the editor forcibly silenced and thus unable to speak in his/her defense, hold a lynch mob ban discussion on WP:AN/I, with your friends once again ganging up. This works best when the blocked user lacks friends to gang up on his/her behalf; if that happens, you'd really have drama, but if there aren't any, you'll just get an open-and-shut case where you and your friends say "Burn the witch!" "Ban him/her already!", and a handful of people who like to see a good lynching banning and hang out on that forum for that purpose weigh in too.
5. Now that an editor representing the POV you oppose is banned, make the banned editor into a bogeyman responsible for all that is wrong with Wikipedia, claiming that everything that editor believes in is a "fringe belief" or a "harassment meme", and that no tactic is too extreme to counter this grave threat. They should block all IP addresses in Upper Slobbovia if that's where they think the banned editor is editing from!
6. If anybody else shows up with similar opinions on any subject to the banned editor, try to accuse him/her of being a sockpuppet. If that won't stick, call him/her a meatpuppet and claim that he/she is proxying for the banned editor, and that everything they edit needs to be reverted on sight.
7. If they call this treatment unfair, block or ban them too.
8. The larger the body count from the serial banning of advocates of this particular POV gets, the easier it will be to summarily ban anybody new who shows up; just cite the "serial harassment" allegedly committed by people allegedly associated with the new editor.
9. Profit!!!!!!!!
The Joy
Somey is a Libra? ohmy.gif

The strange thing is that there are editors like Gamaliel and MONGO on different sides of the US political spectrum and yet they never seem to come into conflict, despite the myriad of US partisan political conflicts that erupt on Wikipedia every day. Even stranger that Gamaliel has kept pro-Republican/pro-conservative editors at bay (if VoC is correct) from Dupage County, Illinois, a part of the Chicago Metropolitan Area. I just find it difficult to believe that Gamaliel has not been challenged by other high-profile Wikipedians if he is blocking conservative editors from that area. There are over 900,000 people in Dupage County and only VoC has complained? It's just all so bizarre.
Anonymous editor
Any block that impedes Joseph's ability to edit is a good block, as far as I'm concerned.

There's enough vomit in the articles without him adding his incoherent garbage.
The Joy
QUOTE(Anonymous editor @ Wed 9th September 2009, 11:16pm) *

Any block that impedes Joseph's ability to edit is a good block, as far as I'm concerned.

Examples?
victim of censorship
QUOTE(The Joy @ Thu 10th September 2009, 2:41am) *

The strange thing is that there are editors like Gamaliel and MONGO on different sides of the US political spectrum and yet they never seem to come into conflict, despite the myriad of US partisan political conflicts that erupt on Wikipedia every day. Even stranger that Gamaliel has kept pro-Republican/pro-conservative editors at bay (if VoC is correct) from Dupage County, Illinois, a part of the Chicago Metropolitan Area. I just find it difficult to believe that Gamaliel has not been challenged by other high-profile Wikipedians if he is blocking conservative editors from that area. There are over 900,000 people in Dupage County and only VoC has complained? It's just all so bizarre.

They have... Many have been blocked... many of the so called sockpuppets of mine have been others, all have been labeled, erroneously , and blocked by the Grand Gamaliel. On the other hand, Gamaliels private army of LEFT NUTBALLS, allowed free rein on Republican bios unhampered and unchallenged.

Also note, a huge chunk of DuPage County is blocked as well, just to get at me... Wikipediots must be afraid of my "vomit" (love the continue Ad Huminum attacks)

Love the statement..."KEEP THE PRO-REPUBLICANS at BAY...HYPOCRITE BOLD FACE HYPOCRITE!!!!
WHO KEEPS THE PRO-DEMOCRATS AT BAY????

see point 4,5 and 6 here...

4. With the editor forcibly silenced and thus unable to speak in his/her defense, hold a lynch mob ban discussion on WP:AN/I, with your friends once again ganging up. This works best when the blocked user lacks friends to gang up on his/her behalf; if that happens, you'd really have drama, but if there aren't any, you'll just get an open-and-shut case where you and your friends say "Burn the witch!" "Ban him/her already!", and a handful of people who like to see a good lynching banning and hang out on that forum for that purpose weigh in too.
5. Now that an editor representing the POV you oppose is banned, make the banned editor into a bogeyman responsible for all that is wrong with Wikipedia, claiming that everything that editor believes in is a "fringe belief" or a "harassment meme", and that no tactic is too extreme to counter this grave threat. They should block all IP addresses in Upper Slobbovia if that's where they think the banned editor is editing from!
6. If anybody else shows up with similar opinions on any subject to the banned editor, try to accuse him/her of being a sockpuppet. If that won't stick, call him/her a meatpuppet and claim that he/she is proxying for the banned editor, and that everything they edit needs to be reverted on sight.
7. If they call this treatment unfair, block or ban them too.

Lastly, Your NAME CALLING (calling me names) IS TYPICAL and indicative of the weakness of your position.
Anonymous editor
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Thu 10th September 2009, 1:54am) *

Lastly, Your NAME CALLING (calling me names) IS TYPICAL and indicative of the weakness of your position.

Oh no, you didn't.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(The Joy @ Wed 9th September 2009, 8:41pm) *

Remember that Wikipedia is village, not the metropolis it purports to be. Almost all edits on en.wp are made by no more than 10,000 persons. That is 1/30,000 of the number of Americans. That is one in 1/600,000 of the world population. One of those editors would obviously be VoC if he wasn't blocked. Maybe the other guy is busy or something. Good to keep in mind just how rare and weird Wikipedians really are.
Nerd
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Thu 10th September 2009, 6:54am) *

This does not apply to you then?
grievous

Also note, a huge chunk of DuPage County is blocked as well, just to get at me... Wikipediots must be afraid of my "vomit" (love the continue Ad Huminum attacks)

A majority of DuPage County uses AT&T exclusively to access the Internet? That is truly hard to believe.
Somey
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Wed 9th September 2009, 5:56pm) *
...am a life long Republican. I happen to lean towards a libertarian point of view.

This is what I believe in my politics:

1. I believe the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
2. I believe in equal rights, equal justice and opportunity for all, regardless of race, sex, creed, age or disability.
...(snip)...
8. I believe Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world or (Za wolność Waszą i Naszą)

IF you, Somey, as, I would assume are a libral, then these ideas seemhateful to you... So be it.

Not to be overtly hostile, but I think this is your essential problem, Mr. Victim - and I assume this applies to Wikipedia as much as it applies here. These things you've listed here are fundamental principles, not "politics." Politics usually has very little to do with principle, fundamental or otherwise. And far from seeming "hateful" to me, I agree completely with nearly all of these principles (the exception being the last, since I'm more of a non-interventionist, leaning-towards-isolationism type of guy when it comes to US foreign policy - which, I might add, is actually more in keeping with today's Ron Paul-ish Republican/Libertarian ideology than what you've stated there).

What we're going to disagree on is stuff like health-care reform, defense-spending priorities, reproductive rights, finance-sector reform, prayer in schools, gun control, and a whole bunch of other issues. If you think the mere fact that I'm a "liberal" makes me an evil person, irrespective of my stands on actual issues, then of course you're going to assume the worst of someone who's opposing you politically on a wiki site, or any other venue.

The result of all this is that because you think Gamaliel is evil, you concentrate on him, and not the real issue. The real issue is that the internet, led by Wikipedia, makes it easy and free for outsiders to influence local elections. Instead of constantly bashing Gamaliel - who I'll admit has done some abusive stuff in this regard, no question about it - you should be looking for other examples of how people use Wikipedia to try and influence local politics outside of their own communities. Gamaliel is a good example, but at least from our (and IMO everyone else's) perspective here, that's all he is - an example.

Long story short, even I, as a left-wing Libra (I used to be a Scorpio, but Libras have more fun), can agree that easily-obtained outsider influence in local elections is usually (or at least potentially) a bad thing. But I don't really care about Gamaliel - he's just one guy. Not even on my radar screen.
Anonymous editor

(love the continue Ad Huminum attacks)

I hate those damn continue Ad Huminum attacks.
LessHorrid vanU
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 9th September 2009, 8:05pm) *

That would be those "pro-Wikipedia folks" who are responding to Mr Victim on this thread, I suppose? Or perhaps any p-W folks who read here? Not counting all those p-W contributors who don't visit this site? Perhaps potential or nascent p-W editors?

There is a lot of assumptions regarding p-W correspondents in that little missive, Somey, which is not something I would expect from you. Maybe it was just a bad day?
grievous
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 9th September 2009, 3:05pm) *

I wouldn't consider myself "pro-Wikipedia". Probably more blasé-Wikipedia. So Mr. Victim was perma-banned and the admin even went so far as to range-block his IP. Big deal. Many of us have our horror stories of being banned. And a 2 year range block is excessive even if you work for Overstock.com (joke intended) so it wouldn't take much to have that overturned. What Victim doesn't get is that no one is ever truly banned for good. I think you said it perfectly later in the thread; that this is just an example of what's endemic to the problem at Wikipedia.

But the work-arounds to being banned are quite simple if just given some thought.
Somey
QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Thu 10th September 2009, 1:50pm) *
That would be those "pro-Wikipedia folks" who are responding to Mr Victim on this thread, I suppose? Or perhaps any p-W folks who read here? Not counting all those p-W contributors who don't visit this site? Perhaps potential or nascent p-W editors?

Sorry, I just meant the ones responding to him on this thread with various nasty epithets. Though I have to say, he's doing a better job of not "talking the bait" than he has in the past.

Either way, though, I think we have to assume that his attitude towards WP'ers isn't going to change, and unless we suspend his account again, continued baiting is only going to have the usual predictable results.

You also have to remember that to me, "pro-Wikipedia" means continuing to participate in WP on an ongoing basis, "constructively" or destructively, regardless of motivation. By that standard, Mr. Victim is quite the pro-Wikipedia member himself, though of course he would never accept such a notion as this.

QUOTE(grievous @ Thu 10th September 2009, 2:04pm) *
I wouldn't consider myself "pro-Wikipedia". Probably more blasé-Wikipedia. So Mr. Victim was perma-banned and the admin even went so far as to range-block his IP. Big deal... the work-arounds to being banned are quite simple if just given some thought.

That's true, though I would have to argue that referring to someone as a "moron" for not knowing this is a little excessive.

Also, bear in mind that if every proxy you use to circumvent a ban is itself banned, that's one less proxy available for use by people who have legitimate reasons to use them, due to concerns for their privacy (though I'll admit that such concerns are mostly bogus). By that token, not using proxies is at least the more considerate way to go about things, if not more responsible.
victim of censorship
QUOTE(Somey @ Thu 10th September 2009, 4:30pm) *

The result of all this is that because you think Gamaliel is evil, you concentrate on him, and not the real issue. The real issue is that the internet, led by Wikipedia, makes it easy and free for outsiders to influence local elections. Instead of constantly bashing Gamaliel - who I'll admit has done some abusive stuff in this regard, no question about it - you should be looking for other examples of how people use Wikipedia to try and influence local politics outside of their own communities. Gamaliel is a good example, but at least from our (and IMO everyone else's) perspective here, that's all he is - an example.

Gamaliel is the major source of enabling of the left wing political agenda on Wikipedia... to use wiki as the sword of the left. latest proof of is his highly partisan, trash which he and his buds leaving on on the bio of Joe Wilson. What a joke....Gamaliel's abuse, first hand

For those with holler then thou moral out rage on Joe Wilson... consider this clip

Dems set the tone
President Bush addressing to Congress a few years back and the Democrats setting the tone of civility and respect for the office of President of the United States of America.

Tarc
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Fri 11th September 2009, 5:38am) *

Gamaliel is the major source of enabling of the left wing political agenda on Wikipedia... to use wiki as the sword of the left. latest proof of is his highly partisan, trash which he and his buds leaving on on the bio of Joe Wilson. What a joke....Gamaliel's abuse, first hand

For those with holler then thou moral out rage on Joe Wilson... consider this clip

Dems set the tone
President Bush addressing to Congress a few years back and the Democrats setting the tone of civility and respect for the office of President of the United States of America.

Watching right-wingers sputter and froth is probably the most rewarding aspect of this.

victim of censorship
QUOTE(Tarc @ Fri 11th September 2009, 4:30pm) *

QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Fri 11th September 2009, 5:38am) *

Dems set the tone

Watching right-wingers sputter and froth is probably the most rewarding aspect of this.

I love the way Left wingers show themselves to be bold face Hypocrites.
Lar
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Fri 11th September 2009, 2:24pm) *

Or italic face Hypocrites, whichever....

victim of censorship
QUOTE(Lar @ Fri 11th September 2009, 6:49pm) *

Your case, a jackass.
LessHorrid vanU
QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Fri 11th September 2009, 10:16pm) *

QUOTE(Lar @ Fri 11th September 2009, 6:49pm) *

Your case, a jackass.

Repartee does not translate into English precisely, does it?
Anonymous editor
QUOTE(The Joy @ Wed 9th September 2009, 11:17pm) *

Examples?

What would you like examples of? Vomit in the articles? Joseph's incoherent garbage?
victim of censorship
QUOTE(Anonymous editor @ Fri 18th September 2009, 12:55am) *

QUOTE(The Joy @ Wed 9th September 2009, 11:17pm) *

Examples?

What would you like examples of? Vomit in the articles? Joseph's incoherent garbage?

What makes your sniveling, fly infested bias bilge any better???

Ad hominem is all you got.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.