Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Almost a failure
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
SB_Johnny
Interesting "hopeful sign" this morning, and one of those "fun to have a long watchlist" moments as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Jerusale..._the_scandal.3F

Unregistered guy comes in and adds something, is reverted, complains, and someone comes along and finds the sources and re-adds it. Comment in reply is kinda funny too.

Nice watchlist moment because I see a lot of abandoned fields with this stuff, as well as active fields where it persists as a weed (not native here).
Herschelkrustofsky
I suppose it's the exception that proves the rule. Gzukier might have been closer to the truth, had he written "you've learned one of the wikipedia secrets; if you make some noise, there's a good chance somebody will notice and hear, and then block you from editing."
SB_Johnny
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sun 18th October 2009, 9:36am) *

I suppose it's the exception that proves the rule. Gzukier might have been closer to the truth, had he written "you've learned one of the wikipedia secrets; if you make some noise, there's a good chance somebody will notice and hear, and then block you from editing."

Yeah, that was the funny part smile.gif. Lonely planet should publish a tour guide.
dtobias
Well, that dispute involved Jerusalem (well, artichokes, not the city), so somebody should find a way to bring in debates over Israel, Zionism, and anti-Semitism... and there's also a mention in that message thread of a Lutheran pastor, so the whole Martin Luther business could get dragged in somehow.
SB_Johnny
QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 18th October 2009, 2:01pm) *

Well, that dispute involved Jerusalem (well, artichokes, not the city), so somebody should find a way to bring in debates over Israel, Zionism, and anti-Semitism... and there's also a mention in that message thread of a Lutheran pastor, so the whole Martin Luther business could get dragged in somehow.

Mesmells paranoia.

At least methinks me doth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.