Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mysterious oversighted edits
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Wikicrusher2
So, whose work was this and who requested them to do that? Also, what was the content of the edits before they were "revision-hid"?

The sycophantic way that Wikipedians defend David Shankbone no matter what rule he violates, and the double standards that administrators then apply to him disturbs me.

WikiCrusher
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(Wikicrusher2 @ Sun 18th October 2009, 3:21pm) *

So, whose work was this and who requested them to do that? Also, what was the content of the edits before they were "revision-hid"?

The sycophantic way that Wikipedians defend David Shankbone no matter what rule he violates, and the double standards that administrators then apply to him disturbs me.

WikiCrusher

NishiKid blocked the IP, but there was a sockpuppet investigation going on that included SlimVirgin's scolding an editor with a disabled account. It looks like it was a tag team effort.

EricBarbour

QUOTE(Wikicrusher2 @ Sun 18th October 2009, 3:21pm) *

Welcome to our hell......it's SlimVirgin's hell, we're just the decorations.
carbuncle
QUOTE(Wikicrusher2 @ Sun 18th October 2009, 7:21pm) *

WikiCrusher

It was alleged that the IP edits were the work of Jonas Rand. I don't recall what they said, but it was nothing shocking or enlightening. I don't know if Jonas is still posting here (he may be banned at the moment).
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 18th October 2009, 9:40pm) *

It was alleged that the IP edits were the work of Jonas Rand. I don't recall what they said, but it was nothing shocking or enlightening. I don't know if Jonas is still posting here (he may be banned at the moment).

He may be evading at the moment.
Wikicrusher2
So why did anyone care about Jonas Rand? Who is he, and why is he such a pariah that his edits need to be oversighted?

And he posted here? Is he the "jdrand" person who is reading this thread?
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(Wikicrusher2 @ Sun 18th October 2009, 5:55pm) *

So why did anyone care about Jonas Rand? Who is he, and why is he such a pariah that his edits need to be oversighted?

And is he related to Ayn? (Someone had to ask.)
Milton Roe
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sun 18th October 2009, 3:02pm) *

QUOTE(Wikicrusher2 @ Sun 18th October 2009, 5:55pm) *

Somebody suggested that one time intellectual heir Nathaniel Brandon chose his last name as "Ben-Rand" (patronymic, see Ben-Hur). He claimed not. Rand herself chose her pen name from her typewriter. She could as easily have been Ayn Remington.
MZMcBride
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sun 18th October 2009, 6:02pm) *

Ayn Rand? The eminent 20th-century Russian-American philosopher?
EricBarbour
QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Sun 18th October 2009, 4:17pm) *

CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 18th October 2009, 10:25pm) *

Rand herself chose her pen name from her typewriter. She could as easily have been Ayn Remington.

Surely Ayn Smith-Corona has more of a ring to it.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sun 18th October 2009, 4:39pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 18th October 2009, 10:25pm) *

Rand herself chose her pen name from her typewriter. She could as easily have been Ayn Remington.

Surely Ayn Smith-Corona has more of a ring to it.

And too early to be Carmen Selectra.

QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Sun 18th October 2009, 4:17pm) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sun 18th October 2009, 6:02pm) *

Emminant 20th century Russian-American surrealist writer. See? It's just a matter of finding the Aristotelian essence of the thing, and applying the correct categorical label to it. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.