Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will is a LIAR
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Will Beback
EricBarbour
Hersch just told me that Will Beback perma-banned an account named Dunce with a blade (T-C-L-K-R-D) on Dec. 1st.

Why? You won't believe this, or maybe you will (if you know Will's history).

Willy-boy claims that "Dunce" is a sock of EricBarbour.

ME, in other words.

Because, and here's the laff-riot, "Dunce" was editing the Lyndon Larouche article.

LIES. Not only is that NOT my account, I have never even dreamed of editing any Larouche-related crap. I do not operate socks on WP, because I have no desire or reason to. I have made it clear, repeatedly, that I will no longer "contribute" or "try to fix" their fucking vile bullshit-saturated "encyclopedia".

Apparently he thinks he can use ME as a straw dog for his demented anti-Larouche campaign.

Furthermore, I will NOT log into WP to post any objections. I will NOT give that SMUG, LYING, MANIPULATIVE LITTLE BASTARD the satisfaction of banning me for some kind of nebulous half-assed accusation of "disruption".

DAMN YOU, AND YOUR LITTLE WELL-REAMED ANUS, MR. MCWHINEY.

LIAR!! LIAR!! LIAR!!

Alison
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th December 2009, 4:57pm) *

[b]Hersch just told me that Will Beback perma-banned an account named Dunce with a blade (T-C-L-K-R-D) on Dec. 1st.

ME, in other words.

Checkuser says no. Completely wrong location & this account was one of a bunch of related accounts. In fact, I found and blocked another one mellow.gif

[This info has also been posted on-wiki]
Viridae
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 6th December 2009, 11:57am) *

Hersch just told me that Will Beback perma-banned an account named Dunce with a blade (T-C-L-K-R-D) on Dec. 1st.

ME, in other words.

Because, and here's the laff-riot, "Dunce" was editing the Lyndon Larouche article.

LIES. Not only is that NOT my account, I have never even dreamed of editing any Larouche-related crap. I do not operate socks on WP, because I have no desire or reason to. I have made it clear, repeatedly, that I will no longer "contribute" or "try to fix" their fucking vile bullshit-saturated "encyclopedia".

Apparently he thinks he can use ME as a straw dog for his demented anti-Larouche campaign.

Furthermore, I will NOT log into WP to post any objections. I will NOT give that SMUG, LYING, MANIPULATIVE LITTLE BASTARD the satisfaction of banning me for some kind of nebulous half-assed accusation of "disruption".

LIAR!! LIAR!! LIAR!!

You channeling JoJo there? (victim of censorship)
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Viridae @ Sat 5th December 2009, 5:15pm) *
You channeling JoJo there?

Just don't want to see any misconceptions. tongue.gif

Thank you for removing that crap, Allie.
Don't be surprised if a sock pops up and reinstates it.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th December 2009, 8:26pm) *

QUOTE(Viridae @ Sat 5th December 2009, 5:15pm) *
You channeling JoJo there?

Just don't want to see any misconceptions. tongue.gif

Thank you for removing that crap, Allie.
Don't be surprised if a sock pops up and reinstates it.

'Somebody shoot Eric's dog?
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Alison @ Sat 5th December 2009, 5:11pm) *

Checkuser says no. Completely wrong location & this account was one of a bunch of related accounts.
The surprising thing is that Will did not immediately claim that this was me. Why he accused Eric is an enigma.

In fact, I found and blocked another one mellow.gif
That was not exactly brilliant sleuthing, given this.
TungstenCarbide
QUOTE(Alison @ Sun 6th December 2009, 1:11am) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th December 2009, 4:57pm) *

[b]Hersch just told me that Will Beback perma-banned an account named Dunce with a blade (T-C-L-K-R-D) on Dec. 1st.

ME, in other words.

Checkuser says no. Completely wrong location & this account was one of a bunch of related accounts. In fact, I found and blocked another one mellow.gif

[This info has also been posted on-wiki]

You'd think an administrator on the world's largest reference site would know better than to accuse someone by name of bad behavior with no evidence. Someone should talk to Will's boss.
gomi
Eric, Eric. I've had literally dozens of "socks" associated with me that I had nothing to do with. The bozos need a bogeyman, and you have been elevated! Join the club, it's a badge of honor!
Krimpet
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th December 2009, 7:57pm) *

Possibly for this remark about SV a few hours before?

One imagines the back-room mailing lists have been so abuzz with activity, the GNU Mailman is about to go postal. tongue.gif
Alison
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 5th December 2009, 5:45pm) *

In fact, I found and blocked another one mellow.gif
That was not exactly brilliant sleuthing, given this.

True, though I'd not even seen that comment before I blocked it.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(TungstenCarbide @ Sat 5th December 2009, 6:00pm) *

You'd think an administrator on the world's largest reference site would know better than to accuse someone by name of bad behavior with no evidence. Someone should talk to Will's boss.
That would be, um, SlimVirgin?
Kelly Martin
QUOTE(TungstenCarbide @ Sat 5th December 2009, 8:00pm) *
Well, I think it would be quite appropriate for anyone who notices such behavior to immediately email a link to the scandalous diff in question to Mike Godwin and the oversight list. Recent events have demonstrated that such statements are oversightable.
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th December 2009, 8:57pm) *
I've always appreciated your thoughtful contributions to the discourse around here.
victim of censorship
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 6th December 2009, 12:57am) *

ME, in other words.

LIAR!! LIAR!! LIAR!!

Another happy wiki customer
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Sun 6th December 2009, 12:46am) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th December 2009, 8:57pm) *
I've always appreciated your thoughtful contributions to the discourse around here.

Sarcasm! Yes, obviously that was a bit oxymoronic. Put more thought into your insults, Mr. Barbour! hrmph.gif
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 6th December 2009, 11:48am) *
Sarcasm! Yes, obviously that was a bit oxymoronic. Put more thought into your insults, Mr. Barbour! hrmph.gif

I would, but not sure if subtle wit would have much effect on Will.
Never worked before. Neither did pointing out his imbroglios.

Embarrassing him--publicly and loudly--might be more effective.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(gomi @ Sun 6th December 2009, 2:34am) *
Eric, Eric. I've had literally dozens of "socks" associated with me that I had nothing to do with. The bozos need a bogeyman, and you have been elevated! Join the club, it's a badge of honor!

Ha. I am in that club and have the badge ...

albeit we are bogeypersons now, please.

'Will of the Wikipedia' lied to score a point. There are plenty of more admins just like him. It is considered acceptable behavior underlining the lack of integrity and acuity, and the failings of the project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.