Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Connolley on COI noticeboard
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > William Connolley
thekohser
And the fine, upstanding citizen Sam Blacketer is first to chime in on the subject of conflict of interest.

Wikipedians truly have no sense of shame or irony, do they?
Cedric
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 23rd December 2009, 8:05am) *

And the fine, upstanding citizen Sam Blacketer is first to chime in on the subject of conflict of interest.

Wikipedia: The place Hypocrisy calls home.
Cla68
Really, the editor who brought it to the COI noticeboard should have first posted an RfC with all the diffs showing POV editing (and there are plenty) along with the evidence of COI. After that, a post at the COI noticeboard would have been appropriate, followed by a request at the Arbcom enforcement page referring to the last Global Warming arbcom decision (from 2005 I believe) asking for a topic ban. I think that probably would have taken care of it.

I'm not sure if Lawrence Solomon really wants Wikipedia to treat Global Warming in a neutral way. But, I think there plenty of obsevers who do.
Achromatic
QUOTE(Cedric @ Wed 23rd December 2009, 6:42am) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 23rd December 2009, 8:05am) *

Wikipedia: The place Hypocrisy calls home.

No, they do not. Sam, err, David, still believes he is maligned and has been unfairly impugned:

I think the word you were looking for was not "rich" but "apposite". Yes, I too have been frivolously accused by a journalist with an agenda, of having a conflict of interest because I edit in a field I have professional and personal knowledge of. That means I am keen to defend others who have been similarly wrongly accused, even ones with whom some people believe me to have 'a history'.

Yeesh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.