Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 FireFox Addons That Will Make You LOVE Wikipedia - Search Engine Journal
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Newsfeed
3 FireFox Addons That Will Make You LOVE Wikipedia

Ann Smarty, Search Engine Journal

I have already shared a few nice tools that visualize Wikipedia articles and let you better understand the topic basic structure....

View the article
Somey
Now if I could just find 3 add-ons that would make me love Firefox!
MZMcBride
QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 1st January 2010, 12:32pm) *

Do you use Firefox as your primary browser? If not, which browser do you use? I've been switching between Firefox and Safari lately, though the lack of searchable textareas in Safari drives me a bit mad.
Trick cyclist
QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Fri 1st January 2010, 6:30pm) *

Do you use Firefox as your primary browser? If not, which browser do you use? I've been switching between Firefox and Safari lately, though the lack of searchable textareas in Safari drives me a bit mad.

I've tried Firefox, Safari, Opera and Google Chrome. They all have their advantages and disadvantages compared with IE. It comes down to which one feels right for you and what exactly you are doing. Indeed, IE is as good as anything for some purposes.
Krimpet
QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Fri 1st January 2010, 1:30pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 1st January 2010, 12:32pm) *

Firefox has lost its edge over the last couple years; right now all it really offers now above the latest versions of IE or Safari is much greater customization. But it comes at the price of more memory usage and frequent fugliness; Mozilla is a bloated app platform with its own toolkit and runtime environment, and looks by default like an ugly abberation on modern platforms. (Windows 7 and Vista especially).

I stick with IE 8, for this reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.