Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Godwin and Bolen duke it out.
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
Abd
http://www.bolenreport.com/feature_article..._article088.htm

Outside critics of Wikipedia frequently get facts wrong, which is then used, by those who'd like to ignore the substance, to discredit the criticism. But until the criticisms are faced and addressed in substance, the tide will continue rising. Little steps are now being taken under general sanctions with regard to the climate change mess, and WMC and friends, from being kings of the mountain there, have been reduced to embattled whiners, and some are starting to be blocked for behavior that, with any ordinary editor, would have resulted in blocks long ago. WMC is trolling to be blocked, it's pretty clear.

While I don't think he was trolling before, his behavior was quite blockable before; but he believed himself bullet-proof, because he imagined he was on the "right side," and that anyone who was at all sensible would support him. So he wheel-warred while involved, and if he hadn't been desysopped for blocking me, it would have eventually come from another incident. The cabal control was illusory, depending on massive distraction and lack of attention. The attention is now, finally, being focused, and I can imagine the chagrin.

The idea of cooperative litigation is not preposterous. Godwin, I'd suggest, should negotiate like a skillful attorney. Ridiculing or attacking a complaint and complainant is not good advocacy, it provokes escalation. I'm not judging Godwin in any final sense, I don't know enough. But it looks bad, I can say that.
thekohser
You mean this Mike Godwin that gets only two out of five stars??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.