Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo $$$
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikimedia Foundation
A Horse With No Name
Is this statement correct?
thekohser
Looks about right to me. I think Michael Davis and the Wikia board muscled Jimbo into stopping his salary there, because he wasn't adding anything to the operation -- in fact, if anything, he was damaging Wikia's reputation.
Cedric
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 7th June 2010, 8:35pm) *

Looks about right to me. I think Michael Davis and the Wikia board muscled Jimbo into stopping his salary there, because he wasn't adding anything to the operation -- in fact, if anything, he was damaging Wikia's reputation.

Also, it would not appear that Jimbo ever got a salary for his "work" at Wikipedia, unless it was in the pre-WMF days. While he has always been on the WMF Board, who receive no compensation except for expenses, I'm fairly sure that he has never occupied a paid staff position there.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Cedric @ Mon 7th June 2010, 7:43pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 7th June 2010, 8:35pm) *

Also, it would not appear that Jimbo ever got a salary for his "work" at Wikipedia, unless it was in the pre-WMF days. While he has always been on the WMF Board, who receive no compensation except for expenses, I'm fairly sure that he has never occupied a paid staff position there.

But the expenses! The $100 bottles of wine! The train tickets to see hookers! A case of chapstick to prepare himself for Bono... wink.gif
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(Cedric @ Tue 8th June 2010, 2:43am) *
Also, it would not appear that Jimbo ever got a salary for his "work" at Wikipedia ... he has always been on the WMF Board, who receive no compensation except for expenses

Like working at Apple is only worth $1 per year to Steve Jobs ...?

Its called a loss leader in business, with a little bit of market placement, which is then capitalised elsewhere ... like the $x0,000 speaking gigs which he pockets for himself.

We need more information. It will come out one day.
Cedric
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Mon 7th June 2010, 10:13pm) *

QUOTE(Cedric @ Tue 8th June 2010, 2:43am) *
Also, it would not appear that Jimbo ever got a salary for his "work" at Wikipedia ... he has always been on the WMF Board, who receive no compensation except for expenses

Like working at Apple is only worth $1 per year to Steve Jobs ...?

Its called a loss leader in business, with a little bit of market placement, which is then capitalised elsewhere ... like the $x0,000 speaking gigs which he pockets for himself.

Got it in one, as the cousins say.

Barring a criminal indictment, I am rather less sure of this.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(Cedric @ Tue 8th June 2010, 1:23pm) *
Barring a criminal indictment, I am rather less sure of this.

Are divorce records almost as public as property deals these days? That might be a starting place ...

Personally, I am not motivated to research it but perhaps someone else is. More likely is that one day someone on the inside will just be hurt and pissed off enough to spill it all online.
Cedric
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Tue 8th June 2010, 10:08am) *

Are divorce records almost as public as property deals these days? That might be a starting place ...

As far as I know, divorce records were always public. In this context, that was of far more significance in the days before "no fault" divorce. Today, divorce pleadings and motions have a unrelenting sameness and lack of detail not true in former times. It's pretty rare to see a news reporter pouring through records at the court clerk's office nowadays.

More likely is that one day someone on the inside will just be hurt and pissed off enough to spill it all online.

It might well take that to get the "good stuff" if the government doesn't swoop in and seize documents.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.