Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo fights with Cyclopia
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion > The Jimbo Phenomenon
thekohser
I love it when Jimbo fights with dyed-in-the-wool Wikipediots like Cyclopia.
Alison
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 8th November 2010, 12:13pm) *

Wikipedia has completely lost the run of itself - even Jimbo sees the writing on the wall. Just look at the article in question; Tareq Salahi - a guy 'famous' for one incident only. And because this article ran the gauntlet of AfD once (thanks to the usual inclusionist nutjobs) and was kept, Cyclopia feels that he can dump any and every garbage tidbit on the man into the article; "what is our concern is that they are [in the public eye], and that there are sources about them." It's gossip and trivia of the worst kind, mostly added by anonymous idiots with an axe to grind. angry.gif yak.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 1:26pm) *

Wikipedia has completely lost the run of itself - even Jimbo sees the writing on the wall. Just look at the article in question; Tareq Salahi - a guy 'famous' for one incident only. And because this article ran the gauntlet of AfD once (thanks to the usual inclusionist nutjobs) and was kept, Cyclopia feels that he can dump any and every garbage tidbit on the man into the article; "what is our concern is that they are [in the public eye], and that there are sources about them." It's gossip and trivia of the worst kind, mostly added by anonymous idiots with an axe to grind. angry.gif yak.gif

That's our Italian scaramouche, Cyclopia. Who has serious empathy problems and can't do the fandango, either. When we put his picture up here with clown makeup, he didn't like it. But was unable to generalize to other people. It is a mental failing of his. I think he would be better off messing with fruitfly genetics than participating in a social project.

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?s=&sh...ndpost&p=195325

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?s=&sh...ndpost&p=219695

Of course-a I pincha your bum! Even if I don't know you!
Thats-a just the way Italiano men are...
NuclearWarfare
QUOTE(Alison @ Mon 8th November 2010, 8:26pm) *

Wait a minute. I closed that AFD. And I closed it as "merge this whenever the other article gets to the same consensus". And the article was merged. Who the heck is Scooteristi (T-C-L-K-R-D) and why did he recreate the page.

Whatever. It doesn't really matter anyway. The high-profile articles are nice and all, but they really matter very little as far as Wikipedia's problems with BLPs go.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(NuclearWarfare @ Mon 8th November 2010, 7:56pm) *
Wait a minute. I closed that AFD. And I closed it as "merge this whenever the other article gets to the same consensus". And the article was merged. Who the heck is Scooteristi (T-C-L-K-R-D) and why did he recreate the page.

Whatever. It doesn't really matter anyway. The high-profile articles are nice and all, but they really matter very little as far as Wikipedia's problems with BLPs go.

You've said a lot of smug, pinheaded things over the years, but this is the worst I've seen yet.
Feel free to explain to Mr. Salahi why this is happening, Mighty Admin Dude.
NuclearWarfare
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 9th November 2010, 4:54am) *
You've said a lot of smug, pinheaded things over the years, but this is the worst I've seen yet.
Feel free to explain to Mr. Salahi why this is happening, Mighty Admin Dude.

Do you honestly think he cares? His entire thing was about gaining publicity. I would thinkthat he would be delighted to have an article on himself.

And if I am wrong and he does actually care, should he care nearly as much as the thousands of people whose articles on them are actually libelous or merely incorrect? That is a far more pressing concern.
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(NuclearWarfare @ Mon 8th November 2010, 10:56pm) *

Whatever. It doesn't really matter anyway.

That's the spirit, kiddo! tongue.gif
Tarc
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 8th November 2010, 3:13pm) *

The God-king vs. an ARSehole acolyte. Epic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.