Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia Website Meets Ohio Biotech
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
Newsfeed
Wikipedia website meets Ohio biotech. Why didn't it happen earlier?

MedCity News
An anonymous author over Easter Weekend created the Ohio bioscience sector page on Wikipedia. It's a well-sourced — albeit quirky and a little dated — summary of the state's biotech community (Exhibit A: the Ohio bioscience Wikipedia page's signature …
thekohser
Hmm... I wonder if this "anonymous author" is really anonymous?

...First edit ever to Wikipedia...
Cedric
I need to read these topic headings more carefully. I was all set to read about a raccoon attack on Wikipedia.

Somey
Well, we have to be careful not to look too snide or malicious when altering subheadings. Besides, I always thought "Raccoon City" was a reference to Des Moines, which as everyone knows is on the lovely (when not flooding) Raccoon River. If there's ever going to be a Zombie Apocalypse caused by evil bioengineering, it's probably going to start right there.
Jon Awbrey
To whomever took away my ability to edit titles —

If you think I'm going to keep cleaning up the poop in the latrine without that tiny bit of fun to make up for it, then you can go scree yourself.

Jon angry.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 27th April 2011, 12:22pm) *

To whomever took away my ability to edit titles —

If you think I'm going to keep cleaning up the poop in the latrine without that tiny bit of fun to make up for it, then you can go scree yourself.

Jon angry.gif

Seems pretty shoddy to be altering tool access without first discussing the move with the affected party.
Somey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 27th April 2011, 1:41pm) *
Seems pretty shoddy to be altering tool access without first discussing the move with the affected party.

It wasn't me... I'll check...

(Edit)

False alarm; Mr. Awbrey still has title-editing rights to the forum(s) in question. I wasn't suggesting we change any of that, I was just (subtly?) suggesting that he leave the source names (in this case "MedCity News") alone for the most part, and concentrate more on the article titles. Not that this particular source deserves such consideration, at least for this article, but... well, it's a search-engine/PR thing, I guess. Probably doesn't matter, really.
Jon Awbrey
Title editing for me was definitely gone earlier. I checked several times.

It's Back Now. Situation Normal …

Jon dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.