Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ACSI ratings for Wikipedia
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
thekohser
I'm sure the honchos over at the WMF will proudly tout their ACSI satisfaction rating of 78%, leader among social media sites.

I'll just quickly mention that the same study rates Fox News as the news outlet that most satisfies, at 82%.

Keep improving your customers' satisfaction, Wikipedia, and maybe one day you'll reach the lofty heights of Fox News.

I could go on and on about the flaws in the ACSI methodology (ask them sometime about how many customers of each brand contribute to the measurement, or ask them what they do with the data if there is a skew by gender of respondent), but what would you expect from something that emerged out of the University of Michigan? evilgrin.gif
Kelly Martin
I think it's more significant that they categorized Wikipedia as a social media site.
Silver seren
The fact that they named Fox News as the most satisfying news source makes me immediately call bogus, so... hrmph.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.