Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rob is off2rio!
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
~DC
Sorry I couldn't stop myself from using the pun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Adm...rob_has_retired

But 6 reverts in 4 hours? Get a life.
EricBarbour
A "life"? Why don't they all get some?

Rob was dragged off to Edit warring by Nomoskedasticity.
For "edit warring" over, surprise surprise, Ed Miliband (T-H-L-K-D).
No matter. Rob reverted Jayjg, who was trying to make Miliband more Jewish.
And so, he had to be punished. Timotheus Canens, evil bastard, got the honors.
timbo
A pretty ridiculous edit war.

[[WP:OWN]] comes to mind...

tim
radek
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 24th November 2011, 9:32pm) *

Tim Canens has been making a lot of these uber-nasty blocks lately. He's basically like a lazier, dumber, and even more trigger-happy Sandstein.

It's gonna come back and bite him eventually, probably in a case where he's actually right.
Wikifan
Tim Canens has been making a lot of these uber-nasty blocks lately. He's basically like a lazier, dumber, and even more trigger-happy Sandstein.

I've always felt T.C has been fair but the blocking policy among trigger-happy admins is inconsistent among all mods.

AE/ANI is overwhelmed by grievers and it's a lot easier to just issue blocks, especially against editors already perceived as long-time offenders.

Eppur si muove
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 25th November 2011, 3:32am) *

If you look at Cptnono's comment at ANI after TC blocked Zionist edit warrior and copyright violator Epeefleche, you'll see that the lobby do not regard him as one of theirs. In fact, if you look at the current AE thread on Nableezy, you'll find TC resisting the push to topic ban Nab.

QUOTE(~DC @ Fri 25th November 2011, 2:12am) *

Sorry I couldn't stop myself from using the pun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Adm...rob_has_retired

But 6 reverts in 4 hours? Get a life.

Well after his recent chest thumping towards Hans Adler, I can't say I'll miss him. However something makes me think he'll be back.
It's the blimp, Frank
I agree with Johnuniq -- if Wikipedia had more editors like Off2Rio, then the BLP situation would not be so hideous.
lilburne
Yeah well I see that one of the usual shit stains was quick in there.
that one guy
Rob is one of those Giano type people. Great mainspace contribs, not so great elsewhere.
Eppur si muove
More fun and games today.
mbz1
Could it be moved to annex pit, please? The user is back under a new name, nothing interesting is going on.
jd turk
Rob is a mall cop. He's not competent enough to really do anything well, he can't communicate worth beans, and he'll never be an admin because he's just not all there. He can work at BLP though, because it's a policy that needs enforcement and he gets a kick out of people thinking he's some kind of authority there. Unfortunately, any illusion of power at all goes right to Rob's head, he gets into conflicts and can't communicate, gets frustrated, threatens to leave, etc.

I'll agree with mbz1 on this one, he's coming back. He won't stay away. He needs it.

Eppur si muove
QUOTE(jd turk @ Sun 4th December 2011, 11:22pm) *

Rob is a mall cop. He's not competent enough to really do anything well, he can't communicate worth beans, and he'll never be an admin because he's just not all there. He can work at BLP though, because it's a policy that needs enforcement and he gets a kick out of people thinking he's some kind of authority there. Unfortunately, any illusion of power at all goes right to Rob's head, he gets into conflicts and can't communicate, gets frustrated, threatens to leave, etc.

I'll agree with mbz1 on this one, he's coming back. He won't stay away. He needs it.

He IS back and the AN/I thread is still chuntering along.
jd turk
QUOTE(jd turk @ Sun 4th December 2011, 5:22pm) *

I just noticed on this one, Off2RioRob pretended to retire at his Rob account (asking everyone to respect his wishes), then said he was going to make a few edits under the new identity of "Youreallycan," waited out the ANI, and is now going strong again jumping right into battles under the new ID.

He also announced he'd have no internet connection until January or February, so he'd be offline from December 7 through then. He's made over a hundred edits since then.

Off2RioRob/Youreallycan needs Wikipedia like a desert needs rain.
Herschelkrustofsky
Well, of all the not-so-retired users, he's probably my favorite. He likes to make war on BLP defamers.
jd turk
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 13th December 2011, 5:33pm) *

Well, of all the not-so-retired users, he's probably my favorite. He likes to make war on BLP defamers.

Yes, he does, but that power has gone to his head. He thinks his contributions to the almighty wiki are far greater than they really are.
The Joy
QUOTE(jd turk @ Tue 13th December 2011, 6:42pm) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 13th December 2011, 5:33pm) *

Yes, he does, but that power has gone to his head. He thinks his contributions to the almighty wiki are far greater than they really are.

You could say that about most Wikipedians. I always find it ironic when reading the noticeboards how the very people accusing others of being "vested contributors" are vested contributors themselves. Wikipedians should know: Never complain about the logs in others' eyes until you remove the lumberyard from your own! dry.gif hrmph.gif

Unless you are a part of a group with strong social and political power with a similar ideology, it is nearly impossible to get anything done on Wikipedia for good or ill. Otherwise, you are a Sisyphus or Don Quixote with no hope of accomplishing your goals. Rob can fight valiantly for BLP subjects and be right in a real world sense (and even by Wikipedia's standards), but is he but one man. And when you see one man against the Wiki, bet on the Wiki.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.