Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Complaint to advertising standards authority
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikimedia Foundation
Peter Damian
Further to my work with the UKCC (now at correspondence stage) I am following this up with one to the UK Advertising Standards Authority. Their remit covers fundraising banners.

However - bad mistake on my part - they require a screenshot of the banner used for the fundraising. Which I did not get. Does anyone have a copy they could lend me?
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 14th January 2012, 5:26am) *

Further to my work with the UKCC (now at correspondence stage) I am following this up with one to the UK Advertising Standards Authority. Their remit covers fundraising banners.

However - bad mistake on my part - they require a screenshot of the banner used for the fundraising. Which I did not get. Does anyone have a copy they could lend me?

Not your private army.
dogbiscuit
Happy to help, unlike Mr Grumpy.

There are various pages about. This is what you can still see from Jimbo.

Appeals are here. with texts linked.

There is a UK appeals page but it is vague. The main issue on the main pages is declaring that they need money to keep Wikipedia up and running.

Had a quick look around for screen shots, there are some in the press but only of the main banner.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sat 14th January 2012, 2:40pm) *

There are various pages about. This is what you can still see from Jimbo.

Appeals are here. with texts linked.

There is a UK appeals page but it is vague. The main issue on the main pages is declaring that they need money to keep Wikipedia up and running.

Had a quick look around for screen shots, there are some in the press but only of the main banner.

smile.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sat 14th January 2012, 9:40am) *

Petey-Bee seems destined to become that unkempt man pushing a shopping cart full of yellowing papers consisting of files of complaints he has made with to anyplace that takes complaints and a few press clipping while muttering incomprehensibly. And just what is that amber colored liquid in those jars?
Peter Damian
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sat 14th January 2012, 3:45pm) *

Petey-Bee seems destined to become that unkempt man pushing a shopping cart full of yellowing papers consisting of files of complaints he has made with to anyplace that takes complaints and a few press clipping while muttering incomprehensibly. And just what is that amber colored liquid in those jars?

Uncanny.
mbz1
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 14th January 2012, 10:26am) *

Have you seen this table?
Here are some examples too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.