Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery of Lovecraft's Lost Love (Wired News)
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Yahoo! News
Pulp-fiction pioneer Sonia Greene married horror master H.P. Lovecraft. Why has her name been erased from Wikipedia? In Table of Malcontents.

Article: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/searc...ysterious_.html
Somey
Wow... This is really sad, actually.

Little is known about Greene's life after she left Lovecraft. Apparently this fascinating woman, a pioneer in both business and the writing world, was deemed so unimportant that the Wikipedians deleted her entry on Wikipedia -- now "Sonia Greene" redirects to "H.P. Lovecraft." Talk about a slap in the face. As if she hadn't taken enough crap from Lovecraft in life, now she's doomed to spend eternity as a footnote in the life of a man who took her money and disparaged her heritage. It almost sounds like a Lovecraft story. Except it's real.

On the other hand, I'm something of an HPL fan, or at least I've read a lot of his work... So maybe I'm biased, but this sort of thing tends to confirm that the so-called "notability criteria" have now gone from the realm of "rather ridiculous" to the realm of "unimaginably bogus."
guy
Yet W. B. Yeats' mistress Margot Ruddock, a person of no importance in her own right (sorry PL), has her own article, not redirected to him.
Poetlister
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 6th February 2007, 9:49am) *

Margot Ruddock, a person of no importance in her own right (sorry PL)

No need to apologise, Guy - I agree. Not exactly one of my most extensive articles, anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.