Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back on WP - NOT!
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
blissyu2
I took a peek yesterday at my User:Zordrac account, and found that it was restored, and unbanned. So I did a few minor things, like archiving the talk page, redirecting Internodeuser to Zordrac (that was also blanked for me, which was nice). I can thank 1ne, an admin I'd never heard of before. I also wrote a subpage to give "my side" of the ban.

Its not an option at the moment to consider editing on Wikipedia, since I don't have a computer to use, or internet (other than public internet cafes, 30 mins per day). But I thought I should monitor what people do with what I did yesterday. If they leave me alone, I might consider it.
Somey
So... shouldn't this thread be titled "Back on WP," instead of "Back on WR"?

Personally, I say life's too short - and really, the whole WP thing is pretty much a waste of time at this point. They'll be gunning for you like nobody's business anyway, so you might as well just blank Jimbo's user page (or whatever the featured article happens to be at the moment) and get it over with! smile.gif
gomi
Guess again, Zordrac, Slimey has re-banned you! And without explanation, apology, or any other comment except the summary "for obvious reasons". It seems that some admins can overturn the actions of others, and some can't. Sorry.
a view from the hive
QUOTE(gomi @ Mon 26th February 2007, 10:30pm) *

Guess again, Zordrac, Slimey has re-banned you! And without explanation, apology, or any other comment except the summary "for obvious reasons". It seems that some admins can overturn the actions of others, and some can't. Sorry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=31866240

What on earth was this comment susposed to do / mean

"He didn't appreciate a single frigging thing I did for him, and instead insisted that I'd "prematurely ejaculated" to use his words, and ruined everything. So he can go screw himself. I thought that he of all people would appreciate someone trying to help, but he can't. So forget it. He's a mongrel."

I'm guessing thats the rationale for the ban, I'm still trying to figure out that comment myself.
guy
QUOTE(a view from the hive @ Tue 27th February 2007, 8:27am) *

I'm guessing thats the rationale for the ban, I'm still trying to figure out that comment myself.

How can something over a year old justify a permanent ban?
CrazyGameOfPoker
Looks like Golbez undid the block.

Can't find any discussion on it though.
guy
He chickened out.

11:53, 27 February 2007 Golbez (Talk | contribs) unblocked Zordrac (contribs) (time has been served; you will have to show a specific reason or a community ban or arbcom decision to do this)

14:07, 27 February 2007 Golbez (Talk | contribs) blocked "Zordrac (contribs)" (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (on second thought, i will not enter a wheel war, and there are other circumstances beyond the old arbcom ruling)

What other circumstances?
gomi
The circumstances probably being that SlimVirgin would break her vow of vegetarianism and have his foreskin for lunch if he persisted. And not in a good way.
Daniel Brandt
Now we know the name of SlimVirgin's poodle - it's Golbez
blissyu2
Sorry, I did mean "Back on WP".

I found their rationale interesting, to say the least:

14:07, 27 February 2007 Golbez (Talk | contribs) blocked "Zordrac (contribs)" (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (on second thought, i will not enter a wheel war, and there are other circumstances beyond the old arbcom ruling)
11:53, 27 February 2007 Golbez (Talk | contribs) unblocked Zordrac (contribs) (time has been served; you will have to show a specific reason or a community ban or arbcom decision to do this)
01:55, 27 February 2007 SlimVirgin (Talk | contribs) blocked "Zordrac (contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (for obvious reasons)

I don't really understand what they are trying to say there, or accuse me of doing. I didn't edit anything, other than my own user page. I think Slim Virgin is going beyond what she is permitted to do.

I really had no intention of using it secretly, or without their permission. I want them to apologise and make an attempt to sort things out. Most people on WP are decent people, and I think that if it is done in the right way, the people who are ruining it can be stopped.
Somey
And you didn't even get a chance to blank Jimbo's user page... sad.gif

(Oh, and I also changed the thread title, just for the sake of neatness.)
blissyu2
Thank you for changing the title.

I am only interesting in using Wikipedia if they can be nice and apologise. Hence I tested the waters there to see if they could do that.

It looks like Slim Virgin has proven that Wikipedia is not a safe place, at least not for "people like me".
blissyu2
Nobody much seems to care, and I suppose that we should remember that by posting here (on Wikipedia Review), we are "associating with low lifes", and according to Wikipedia policy that means that we can be banned indefinitely...
Somey
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 4th March 2007, 8:20pm) *
Nobody much seems to care...

I care! Of course, I guess I'm one of the low-lifes... sad.gif

The sad thing is, if you'd waited a couple of days before making those first few edits... there's been so much hubbub lately, I'll bet nobody would've noticed.
LamontStormstar
I don't think it's fair that they keep you banned for so long. The should allow you to come back.
Moulton
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sun 6th July 2008, 9:31am) *
I don't think it's fair that they keep you banned for so long. The should allow you to come back.

Does Blissy want to come back to Wikipedia Review?
Cobalt
01:55, 27 February 2007 SlimVirgin (Talk | contribs) blocked "Zordrac (contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (for obvious reasons)

I guess when you're a big timer you can do as you please without explaining yourself to anyone. Not that I know everything about this story, but, wouldn't it be nice if someone gave a decent reason? It's like the old parent saying, "Because I said so."
guy
QUOTE(Cobalt @ Sun 6th July 2008, 7:05pm) *

I guess when you're a big timer you can do as you please without explaining yourself to anyone. Not that I know everything about this story, but, wouldn't it be nice if someone gave a decent reason? It's like the old parent saying, "Because I said so."

SV is right; the reasons are obvious. They aren't good, or a valid reason for a block, but they're pretty obvious.

Now if we really want some drama on WP, we should take User:Zordrac/Poetlister to DRV.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(guy @ Sun 6th July 2008, 12:21pm) *

Now if we really want some drama on WP, we should take User:Zordrac/Poetlister to DRV.

But how to get it to stay there? Most people who post it would get it reverted, possibly even banned, and an admin might lose their admin powers if the admin did it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.