Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia encyclopedia is banned at some colleges - Daily Vidette
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Google News

Wikipedia encyclopedia is banned at some colleges
Daily Vidette, IL - 19 minutes ago
(U-WIRE) DURHAM, NC -Although Wikipedia - like Google - has carved its way into the common vernacular, some say students should think twice before turning ...
Yahoo! News
Lysa Chen The Chronicle (Duke) (U-WIRE) DURHAM, N.C. -Although Wikipedia - like Google - has carved its way into the common vernacular, some say students should think twice before turning to the free online encyclopedia for their academic work. Middlebury College's history department recently banned Wikipedia as a source for student papers, and professors at other schools, including ...

Article: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/searc...s-2810661.shtml
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Yahoo! News @ Wed 28th March 2007, 11:53pm) *

Lysa Chen The Chronicle (Duke) (U-WIRE) DURHAM, N.C. -Although Wikipedia - like Google - has carved its way into the common vernacular, some say students should think twice before turning to the free online encyclopedia for their academic work. Middlebury College's history department recently banned Wikipedia as a source for student papers, and professors at other schools, including ...

Article: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/searc...s-2810661.shtml

Banned encyclopedias are banned for good reasons

Jonny cool.gif
Somey
Hey, I like that one!

Y'know, there's this little blurb right below the logo at the top-left corner of every page on this site - and it's redundant, it just repeats what's in the logo and the drill-down menu below it. I'm thinking we should put captions there - maybe even have a contest... And that would make a pretty good starter, in my opinion! smile.gif
Google News

Wikipedia encyclopedia is banned at some colleges
Daily Vidette, IL - 1 hour ago
(U-WIRE) DURHAM, NC -Although Wikipedia - like Google - has carved its way into the common vernacular, some say students should think twice before turning ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.