Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SES: Promote Your Site With Wikipedia - WebProNews
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Google News

Wikipedia & SEO
Search Marketing Standard Blog, NY - 22 minutes ago
Neil Patel with ACS kicked off the last session of the day by providing a basic overview of Wikipedia. With 1.2M articles/entries, it’s one of the most ...
Yahoo! News
If you check out the Google search results for most terms, you’ll find Wikipedia at or near the top of the list. The popular user-collaborated encyclopedia has more page views than Digg and MySpace, and could be largest untapped resource in online marketing to date. Danny Sullivan moderated today’s session focused on the viability of Wikipedia as an online marketing tool. The ...

Article: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/searc...-with-wikipedia
Google News

SES: Promote Your Site With Wikipedia
WebProNews, KY - 56 minutes ago
If you check out the Google search results for most terms, you’ll find Wikipedia at or near the top of the list. The popular user-collaborated encyclopedia ...
Vincent
QUOTE(Yahoo! News @ Thu 12th April 2007, 2:32pm) *

If you check out the Google search results for most terms, you’ll find Wikipedia at or near the top of the list. The popular user-collaborated encyclopedia has more page views than Digg and MySpace, and could be largest untapped resource in online marketing to date. Danny Sullivan moderated today’s session focused on the viability of Wikipedia as an online marketing tool. The ...

Article: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/searc...-with-wikipedia

Wikipedia as a marketing tool'd be worse than Russian Roulette. Take it from me (pun intended). Paid editors seem to work, and nonprofit volunteer editors claim to get in there, though the latter's much more ethical right now IMHO. I don't see what I want about it on many levels, if not all.

Come to think of it, I've asked our secretary-treasurer, a Stanford MBA and Master of Finance from UCLA, whether nonprofits even use the term "marketing." The jury's out as far as I'm concerned on the question, but where the for-profit world has "sales," the nonprofit has "fundraising."

Vincent
Google News

SES: Watch Your Wikipedia Steps
WebProNews, KY - 38 minutes ago
Some marketers swear by what a well-made Wikipedia entry can do for one's online presence. But the perils are many and the punishments are swift for those ...
Yahoo! News
Some marketers swear by what a well-made Wikipedia entry can do for one's online presence. But the perils are many and the punishments are swift for those who try to game the online encyclopedia for personal gain. As our Joe Lewis noted earlier about Wikipedia's potential for marketing purposes, even the savviest pros can run afoul of the site's numerous editors. Barry Swartz of ...

Article: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/searc...wikipedia-steps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.