Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to new members
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Minor4th
Thanks. I was going to comment about Godwin and his unprofessional reply but it looks like it's all been said (almost).
Minor4th
UGH!!!!
Michaeldsuarez
I didn't really want to waste time introducing myself, but an impersonator at YouTube is forcing my hand. I'm introducing myself solely so that you won't mistakenly confuse me with the impostor.

I haven't really done anything important at Wikipedia. I used to be an sysop at the Central Community Wikia, but I was desysoped for off-site "trolling". By "trolling", they meant my activity at Encyclopedia Dramatica. Wikia believed that having an ED user moderate Wikia would scare advertisers away and attract negative attention. I stopped using Wikia since I lost interest in video games (documenting video games is Wikia's strong point) and fan-fiction (I'm a nerd as expected with most Wikipedians).

I used to edit Encyclopedia Dramatica under my real name, but I later changed it to "JuniusThaddeus". "Junius" is a reference to an anonymous critic of the British government, while "Thaddeus" is just a random Greek name; I simply wanted "jt" to be the initials. I later became a ED sysop (the selection was held privately, and I haven't asked why they chose me yet).

I started two sockpuppetry cases at Wikipedia. The first was against Stopallspam, while the second was against Grace Saunders. This is how I meant the impersonator; the impersonator was Stopallspam. Stopallspam hates Atheists and homosexuals, and I suspect that he suffers from mental issues, which is why he's obsessed with me. He created the JuniusThaddeus account on YouTube.

The JuniusThaddeus from YouTube isn't me. Michaeldsuarez is my real YouTube account, and Stopallspam (dubbed "AARmy" by some YouTubers) has spammed the comments channel with his sockpuppets.

I don't have any qualms about being associated with ED or troll groups, but I refuse to be associated with hate groups. I don't hate Atheists or homosexuals, so please don't confuse the impostor with the real me. I figured I let you all know before the wrong conclusions are drawn. Sorry for taking up space.

Edit: I have reason to fear the wrong conclusions being drawn since several members here took the poorly-written joke on Herostratus' user page serious and accused him of being incarcerated for pedophilia. Plus there appears to be some confusion at this new thread I've recently spotted.
The Joy
Hi Michael. Welcome to the Review!

Do you recall the Wikia-OblivoWiki War?

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=21261&hl
Michaeldsuarez
QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 31st August 2010, 10:50pm) *

Hi Michael. Welcome to the Review!

Do you recall the Wikia-OblivoWiki War?

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=21261&hl

I wasn't a member of OblivioWiki during the Gravewit era. I only joined after Wikia bought it. I prefer uesp.net to the OblivioWiki.

From what I've heard, Gravewit was the owner of gamewikis.org. Gravewit stole gamewikis.org to Wikia without telling the community that he was responsible to. Gravewit was embarrassed and forced to leave.

All of the original OblivioWiki community is gone, and I'm basically gone too. I failed to create a new community, so I left "Mbjones90" in charge of the project. The OblivioWiki is a sinking ship. If you're interested, you can join uesp.net. uesp.net is basically as bureaucratic as Wikipedia (a major flaw), but they're a little looser and they're independent of Wikia.

Thanks for the welcome.
Seurat
I evidently forgot to post here earlier. Oops. ermm.gif
occono
Hello. I was welcomed in another topic, I missed this one.
Zoloft
Welcome to Wikipedia Review.

We have a small complimentary kit for you.

*dumps bag out on table*
  • Aluminum cup - wear it if male, hurl it at the next troll if not
  • Greek Dictionary - trust me, you'll need this
  • Dehydrated rotten fruits and vegetables to use on Jimbo
  • List of forum members with thin skins
  • Bottle of cheap gin
  • lotion for chafing
Axe Man
I can't figure out whether my account validated successfully o.o I made it with my university e-mail and got the account made, but I'm not sure if it's been reviewed by a moderator/admin yet. Is there any way to find this out?
Zoloft
QUOTE(Axmann @ Sun 21st November 2010, 1:31pm) *

I can't figure out whether my account validated successfully o.o I made it with my university e-mail and got the account made, but I'm not sure if it's been reviewed by a moderator/admin yet. Is there any way to find this out?

If you are here, you were successful.

Welcome.
Hurricane
I just want to say hello to everyone. I'm not sure how often I'll post something but I do lurk a lot. evilgrin.gif
Zoloft
QUOTE(Hurricane @ Mon 22nd November 2010, 3:44am) *

I just want to say hello to everyone. I'm not sure how often I'll post something but I do lurk a lot. evilgrin.gif

Welcome to the board. Come for the Weltanschauung, stay for the Schadenfreude!
ZHurlihee
Longtime lurker (relatively speaking) freshly banned by Xeno for God knows what.

Hi all.
The Joy
QUOTE(ZHurlihee @ Mon 5th September 2011, 10:09pm) *

Longtime lurker (relatively speaking) freshly banned by Xeno for God knows what.

Hi all.

If I earned a Sacajawea Dollar for every time someone said that, I'd be a millionaire! smile.gif

Welcome to the Review.
ZHurlihee
QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 6th September 2011, 2:35am) *

QUOTE(ZHurlihee @ Mon 5th September 2011, 10:09pm) *

Hi all.

If I earned a Sacajawea Dollar for every time someone said that, I'd be a millionaire! smile.gif

Welcome to the Review.

Thanks for the welcome. Are people banned often with little or no rationalle given?
thekohser
QUOTE(ZHurlihee @ Tue 6th September 2011, 9:56am) *

Thanks for the welcome. Are people banned often with little or no rationalle given?

Not only often, but multiple times!
The LabRat
Hiya. I'm new (derp). Long time reader, first time poster, etc.

Honestly, I haven't directly had a lot of problems at Wikipedia (some content disputes but nothing major) but I've seen a lot of crazy crap that makes me shake my head (significantly safer than a combo headdesk/facepalm). I'm one of the (apparently) rare chick types over there but I can't say that I've had any issues on that score either (and Sue Gardner's article kind of makes me cranky). But I can see the potential for me getting into trouble there when I finally run into that one crazy who just chaps my hide, as they say. So here I am.

Back to lurking and reading.
Herschelkrustofsky
Welcome. Lurk on, but post if the spirit moves you.
gomi
Moderator's note: the discussion following the announcement by our new member mnemonic (Mike Godwin, the former WMF counsel), has been split to its own thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.