Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you doing, SV?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cla68
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 15th April 2009, 3:56am) *
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Wed 1st April 2009, 7:52am) *
QUOTE(Bottled_Spider @ Fri 27th March 2009, 7:51am) *
It's amazing how much drama can be generated on Wikipedia over wurdz, innit? It's even funnier when Slimmy gets involved and ends up looking like a prannie. Again. My advice to all concerned is to simply replace all instances of "her", "it", and "its" with "Monkey! Monkey!".
One thing that strikes me about the whole "monkey gender" controversy is that it ignores the rather glaring Original Research, where the tableau is said to "epitomize the idea of animal ownership." It seems to me that the idea of animal ownership could just as easily be epitomized by the lady on TV, presenting Fancy Feast to her cat on a satin cushion, or some guy with his beloved seeing-eye dog.
Where's the pathos in THOSE? The whole point is to emotionally polarize the article.

Sheesh.

I admit that I thought that Tryptofish's picture of the healthy-looking dog licking the laughing boy's face as the "epitome of animal ownership" was funny.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 14th April 2009, 9:15pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 15th April 2009, 3:56am) *
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Wed 1st April 2009, 7:52am) *
QUOTE(Bottled_Spider @ Fri 27th March 2009, 7:51am) *
It's amazing how much drama can be generated on Wikipedia over wurdz, innit? It's even funnier when Slimmy gets involved and ends up looking like a prannie. Again. My advice to all concerned is to simply replace all instances of "her", "it", and "its" with "Monkey! Monkey!".
One thing that strikes me about the whole "monkey gender" controversy is that it ignores the rather glaring Original Research, where the tableau is said to "epitomize the idea of animal ownership." It seems to me that the idea of animal ownership could just as easily be epitomized by the lady on TV, presenting Fancy Feast to her cat on a satin cushion, or some guy with his beloved seeing-eye dog.
Where's the pathos in THOSE? The whole point is to emotionally polarize the article.

Sheesh.

I admit that I thought that Tryptofish's picture of the healthy-looking dog licking the laughing boy's face as the "epitome of animal ownership" was funny.

But there are so many others that jerk chains even better:

Cla68
SV, you say that your questions for Tryptofish are about trolling, not sockpuppeting. However, in your post to that account's talk page, you asked about alternate accounts. That sounds like your making, at least implied, an accusation of socking.

Also, you say that Lar has been attacking you on wiki. Where on wiki has Lar been attacking you?

To be fair, I believe you are being trolled. When I was researching for the ArbCom case I saw that a couple of years ago there was an account who appeared to be trying to antagonize you via several of your animal rights articles. I don't remember the account's name. If you believe that Tryptofish is that account, you can say so here, because it's off-wiki and Tryptofish and the other account's name are anonymous account names, not real names.

Lar, Bainer, and Risker are correct in that if you're going to imply that socking is going on, you need to do so in the appropriate forum on wiki. Otherwise, Tryptofish should be treated as a good faith editor because so far he/she seems to be following the rules.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Cla68 @ Wed 15th April 2009, 11:15pm) *

SV, you say that your questions for Tryptofish are about trolling, not sockpuppeting. However, in your post to that account's talk page, you asked about alternate accounts. That sounds like your making, at least implied, an accusation of socking.

Also, you say that Lar has been attacking you on wiki. Where on wiki has Lar been attacking you?

To be fair, I believe you are being trolled. When I was researching for the ArbCom case I saw that a couple of years ago there was an account who appeared to be trying to antagonize you via several of your animal rights articles. I don't remember the account's name. If you believe that Tryptofish is that account, you can say so here, because it's off-wiki and Tryptofish and the other account's name are anonymous account names, not real names.

Lar, Bainer, and Risker are correct in that if you're going to imply that socking is going on, you need to do so in the appropriate forum on wiki. Otherwise, Tryptofish should be treated as a good faith editor because so far he/she seems to be following the rules.

See http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?s=&sh...ndpost&p=165693 on the antics of "Resaunaut." WR is hardly above (below?) commenting on obviously socking or SPA accounts.

Tryptofish, by his/her edits, looks like a righteous biologist. If he/she is trolling SlimVirgin, it's because after a long time on WP, Trypto has identified SV as some bio-POV pusher that needs to be poked with a stick, to see what it does.

Good luck, Trypto. They're Africanized, you know. rolleyes.gif
Herschelkrustofsky

That's just part of the ritual banning dance.
Moulton
The Sock Hop

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Thu 16th April 2009, 3:43am) *
SV, you say that your questions for Tryptofish are about trolling, not sockpuppeting. However, in your post to that account's talk page, you asked about alternate accounts. That sounds like you're making, at least implied, an accusation of socking.
That's just part of the ritual banning dance.

I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I feel like I may have forgotten this before.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Son of a Yeti @ Mon 30th March 2009, 8:26am) *

QUOTE(Hell Freezes Over @ Sun 29th March 2009, 7:20pm) *

It's annoying that people turn up to articles other people have worked hard on, and start picking them apart just to push that person's buttons.

Ever heard of WP:OWN, did you?

For SlimVirgin's sake, we should have a little window that opens up on WP, every time you hit the "edit" tab, which starts out with a warning. Something like:

If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly or redistributed for profit by others, do not submit it.

I think that would help Slim out when Slim starts getting all bothered over somebody messing with her hard work.

What do you all think of this idea? wink.gif
Cla68
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 16th April 2009, 10:45pm) *

QUOTE(Son of a Yeti @ Mon 30th March 2009, 8:26am) *

QUOTE(Hell Freezes Over @ Sun 29th March 2009, 7:20pm) *

It's annoying that people turn up to articles other people have worked hard on, and start picking them apart just to push that person's buttons.

Ever heard of WP:OWN, did you?

For SlimVirgin's sake, we should have a little window that opens up on WP, every time you hit the "edit" tab, which starts out with a warning. Something like:

If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly or redistributed for profit by others, do not submit it.

I think that would help Slim out when Slim starts getting all bothered over somebody messing with her hard work.

What do you all think of this idea? wink.gif

To be fair, it is frustrating when someone edits an article that you've spent a lot of time on in way that you think is unhelpful. For example, someone recently edited an article that I'm currently working on to try to get it ready for FA nomination with this edit which, to be honest, I don't fully agree with. But what am I going to do about it? I'll probably rearrange it a little in the future and work more with the editor in the discussion section about it on the article's talk page.

That's the way you have to do things in a wiki. Reverting other people's changes with edit summaries that say "per talk" or see talk when you haven't done any actual talking seems to miss the point of how the wiki is supposed to work.

By the way, Tryptofish appears to have sound reasoning for using the FBI cite instead of the DoHS cite for the lede at ALF. As he points out, the DoHS cite is a draft document. In your response, you don't address his point about the source, but instead seem to be saying, I disagree so therefore the article should stay in my version.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.