Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo's new website
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(tarantino @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 12:31am) *

Jimmy and Andrea apparently met in October 2007 when she interviewed him in San Francisco.

Here's a photo of them sharing a quiet dinner at Eve's in October 2008.

That's the kind of photo wives get pissed about.
Jon Awbrey

Jimmy Wales Gives Advice to Companies Who Feel Their Wikipedia Entry is Biased

Full-Width Image

Fabulous dinner in the tasting room

I'm guessing the "advice" goes a bit like this —

"You want NPOV™? — Send me something Tasty!"
thekohser
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 1:47pm) *

At least six months after the affair with Marsden? I hardly think Christine would be more than just a smidgen more miffed about her ex/separated/consider-myself-single(?)-husband by this photo.
TungstenCarbide
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 6:27pm) *

QUOTE(TungstenCarbide @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 11:23am) *
This site can't be taken seriously if the things people say here are wrong. Angela is no coward and she's not worthless.

Angela Beesley is a courageous warrior for the cause of freedom (assuming that by "freedom," we mean the freedom of websites all over the world to operate without the participation of Gregory Kohs).

Of course, I should note that back in 2001, Bill Maher got fired from ABC for saying that it "took a lot of guts" for the 9/11 terrorists to fly airplanes into skyscrapers, and that this was said in response to people who referred to the terrorists as "cowards."

I'm a coward too, but at least I admit it! smile.gif

I used to be a coward too, and eager to please, and overly nice. But forty years of abuse and harassment fixed me right up. Hey look, I have no problem with two skunks getting into a pissing match - it's a recreation I partake of myself on occasion. But meeting Angela's finger wagging with a sledge hammer doesn't do this site or Kohs' cause any favors.

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 6:33pm) *
There, how's that?
thanks
thekohser
Since our two-cents-worth doesn't seem to be registering with either CiviliNation.org's message board, or with the corresponding Wikia wiki, I decided to make my two-cents-worth financial contribution to CiviliNation, via PayPal.

I phoned up the contact number that appeared in the PayPal receipt. It went to voicemail, saying, "I'm not available to take your call at this time", then the automated prompt noted, "This user's mailbox is full. No messages may be left at this time". I tried one more time to call, and I got a female who answered, "Hello?" I asked, "Hello, is this CiviliNation?"

Pause.

Click.

I'm glad my $0.02 is going to such a good cause!
Piperdown
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 7:51pm) *

I phoned up the contact number that appeared in the PayPal receipt. It went to voicemail, saying, "I'm not available to take your call at this time", then the automated prompt noted, "This user's mailbox is full. No messages may be left at this time". I tried one more time to call, and I got a female who answered, "Hello?" I asked, "Hello, is this CiviliNation?"

Pause.

Click.

How un-civil.
Somey
I'll admit we've already discussed this whole silly business to death, but I just checked, and apparently both "civilinternet.org" and "civilplanet.org" are available domain names. Why not go with one of those, instead of "civilination.org," a not-so-clever pun on "civilization"? Are Andrea and Jimbo being US-centric in some way by deriving from the word "nation"?
MBisanz
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 8:51pm) *

Since our two-cents-worth doesn't seem to be registering with either CiviliNation.org's message board, or with the corresponding Wikia wiki, I decided to make my two-cents-worth financial contribution to CiviliNation, via PayPal.

Pause.

Click.

I'm glad my $0.02 is going to such a good cause!

Please tell me you at least first tried a reverse whitepages on it...
EricBarbour
Gee, this thread is getting more traffic than Civilination itself.....
thekohser
QUOTE(MBisanz @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 4:55pm) *

I didn't, but now I just did. It resolves to an unlisted Richmond, VA cellular number.

Andrea Weckerle's biography:

Prior to joining Livingston Communications, Weckerle owned her own boutique communications agency and also worked in management and legal consulting positions with Ernst & Young, LLP. She has a Masters in Conflict Analysis & Resolution/ PR from George Mason University and a Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond's T.C. Williams School of Law.

GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 2:42pm) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 1:47pm) *

At least six months after the affair with Marsden? I hardly think Christine would be more than just a smidgen more miffed about her ex/separated/consider-myself-single(?)-husband by this photo.

You still have something to learn about women. No, I believe that a wife would hate that photo even more than the eBay auction of the semen stained trophy garment by the shameless paramour.
Somey
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 8:18pm) *
You still have something to learn about women. No, I believe that a wife would be hate that photo even more than the eBay auction of the semen stained trophy garment by the shameless paramour.

It depends on the woman in question, but in general I'd have to agree - with Marsden, it would have been obvious to others that Jimbo got what he deserved for straying, but a photo of Jimbo and the new girlfriend looking happy together has almost the opposite effect.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Krimpet @ Wed 30th December 2009, 10:44pm) *

Jimbo and his beau (Jimbo & Jimbeau?) don't seem to realize that simply being "civil" means very little. You can maintain a cheery, polite façade in every word you write, carefully crafting your remarks to avoid insult or vitriol, while still being diabolical and manipulative. It's the attitude behind the words that actually counts. It takes all kinds, and I'd personally prefer dealing with a blunt and honest person to a civil yet slippery one.

As evidence for which, consider your average American courtroom, where civility is enforced in a completely totalitarian style, without any of the usual regard for individual rights. And yet where truth and justice are often still among the first victims. Strangely, civility per se is rather over-rated as a method for guaranteeing that you'll approach these things.

But the law does accomplish some things, no? Well, keeping in mind all the known failures of modern jurisprudence, remove the successes also. It's Wikipedia, after all. So, you may keep the image of a courtroom with its enforced civility and a judge tribunal, BUT.... your judges are now pimplefaced-gameboys. The lawyers, too. Mostly anonymous ones. There is no appellate. Remove all semblance of due process, and forget you ever heard of stare decisis. Had enough? Wait till you see what happens to expert testimony.... rolleyes.gif wink.gif

Mock Moot Milton
Somey
And another thing.

I was looking over Andrea Weckerle's tweets just now, and at some point during the summer, she seems to have completely shifted gears, switching from a high degree of interest in chemical food additives, free-range chickens, childhood obesity, and so on, to cyberstalking and cybercivility. I think it must have happened in the late-August, early-September timeframe.

There's something fishy about this - the unwanted attention from Valleywag might explain her interest in "cybercivility," but that was over a year ago. It doesn't explain her almost-complete abandonment of health- and food-related issues, late last summer - it makes me wonder if her law firm either lost or gained a client in the food industry.

It's not the money, it's the recipes... confused.gif
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 10:32pm) *

I was looking over Andrea Weckerle's tweets just now, and at some point during the summer, she seems to have completely shifted gears, switching from a high degree of interest in chemical food additives, free-range chickens, childhood obesity, and so on, to cyberstalking and cybercivility.
There's something fishy about this - the unwanted attention from Valleywag might explain her interest in "cybercivility," but that was over a year ago. It doesn't explain her almost-complete abandonment of health- and food-related issues, late last summer - it makes me wonder if her law firm either lost or gained a client in the food industry.

She would not be the first attorney to use her blog to troll for business. evilgrin.gif
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 4:51pm) *

I'll admit we've already discussed this whole silly business to death, but I just checked, and apparently both "civilinternet.org" and "civilplanet.org" are available domain names. Why not go with one of those, instead of "civilination.org," a not-so-clever pun on "civilization"? Are Andrea and Jimbo being US-centric in some way by deriving from the word "nation"?

I think it's short for CiviliNationalSockalist

They probably had a contest to see if anybody could come up with a dumber name than Citizendium and more insulting than the qui-vive “Are You A Citizen?”.

I suspect they are probably looking into the market for Pseudo-Class Pseudo-Action Pseudo-Suits on behalf of Pseudo-Defamed Pseudo-Nymphs.

Jon dry.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 4th January 2010, 1:32am) *

I was looking over Andrea Weckerle's tweets just now...

It looks like Andrea may be interviewed soon by Shel Holtz on his PR-related podcast.

Back in 2007, Shel spent a few minutes talking about Centiare.com and Wikipedia Review. (Jump to 35:32 in the segment.)

So, I guess we do live in a small world.
thekohser
As long as Jimbo and Andrea can accept cash donations, even though CiviliNation isn't a 501-c-3, you have to figure that I've been missing out on a golden opportunity at Wikipedia Review all these years.

Well, no more!
GlassBeadGame
Talk to your lawyer about this Greg. Some states have laws requiring a solicitation license only made available to non-profits but not requiring a 501( c ) (3).
thekohser
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 5th January 2010, 12:09pm) *

Talk to your lawyer about this Greg. Some states have laws requiring a solicitation license only made available to non-profits but not requiring a 501( c ) (3).

Thanks, Glass. My counsel said that I shouldn't have any need for licensing my solicitation, though he advised that I add "though not tax-deductible" to the message. Of course, I will have to declare any of this as personal income. So, I'm ready for the money to start ROLLING IN, just about as fast as those "stories of online incivility" are getting published on CiviliNation.
tarantino
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 4th January 2010, 6:32am) *

And another thing.

I was looking over Andrea Weckerle's tweets just now, and at some point during the summer, she seems to have completely shifted gears, switching from a high degree of interest in chemical food additives, free-range chickens, childhood obesity, and so on, to cyberstalking and cybercivility. I think it must have happened in the late-August, early-September timeframe.

This is kind of interesting. While on a camping trip last summer with his daughter, Jimmy filmed this 'Fun video "endorsement"' for ITK Raw Energy Bars.

ITK is a company that was co-founded by Andrea along with nutritionist Lisa Wilson in 2008. At the moment, it seems to have little presence outside of their own website.
wikademia.org
is it just me, or is he using child labor to produce commercials? how low will he go? what a nice guy, though. well; everyone has to pay the bills. let's just keep it legal.
Somey
QUOTE(tarantino @ Thu 7th January 2010, 2:09pm) *
ITK is a company that was co-founded by Andrea along with nutritionist Lisa Wilson in 2008. At the moment, it seems to have little presence outside of their own website.

Ahh, well then - that explains it, probably. She got interested in nutrition and food additives whenshe and this other person started an energy-bar company, and when the company failed to take off, she lost interest in nutrition and food additives.

Happens all the time... bored.gif

QUOTE(wikademia.org @ Thu 7th January 2010, 2:11pm) *
is it just me, or is he using child labor to produce commercials? how low will he go?

Let's not jump to conclusions here - he probably just borrowed the camera. Still, I wonder how much an endorsement by Jimbo would be worth, to a typical company? $5? $10? If it were a product he might actually be expected to know about, like, say, mirrored ceiling tiles, I would think he could get something in the low three-figures, at least.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(tarantino @ Thu 7th January 2010, 3:09pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 4th January 2010, 6:32am) *

And another thing.

This is kind of interesting. While on a camping trip last summer with his daughter, Jimmy filmed this 'Fun video "endorsement"' for ITK Raw Energy Bars.

Boy, does he sound whipped or what? Raw food is a harsh and trendy cuisine cut off from all traditional vegetarian cuisines. These traditional cuisines take hundreds or even thousands of years to develop. The application of heat to food to make it more attractive is up there with language as milestone for our species. Ignoring this does fit in with the Wikipedian "let us remake everything as we go along" without due consideration of what has come before. Very much in line with the cult of the amateur.
Greaser
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 8:00pm) *

QUOTE(MBisanz @ Sun 3rd January 2010, 4:55pm) *

I didn't, but now I just did. It resolves to an unlisted Richmond, VA cellular number.

Andrea Weckerle's biography:

Prior to joining Livingston Communications, Weckerle owned her own boutique communications agency and also worked in management and legal consulting positions with Ernst & Young, LLP. She has a Masters in Conflict Analysis & Resolution/ PR from George Mason University and a Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond's T.C. Williams School of Law.

Looks like Ms. Weckerle might be BLP-worthy, or at least BLP-Stub worthy. There are six listings under "Published work" in Jimbo's bio on Wikipedia that list her as a co-author, all dating since 2008-12-31. Now if that isn't a reliable source, I don't know what is!
Milton Roe
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Fri 8th January 2010, 12:35pm) *

Boy, does he sound whipped or what? Raw food is a harsh and trendy cuisine cut off from all traditional vegetarian cuisines. These traditional cuisines take hundreds or even thousands of years to develop. The application of heat to food to make it more attractive is up there with language as milestone for our species. Ignoring this does fit in with the Wikipedian "let us remake everything as we go along" without due consideration of what has come before. Very much in line with the cult of the amateur.

Oh, boy, how true that is. Humans have been using fire for so long we have odd genes and behaviors that keep us close to it. Have you ever considered how weird it is that people sit around a fire, mesmerized by it, for hours? I think that's because our bored ancestors who yawned and went out into the darkness left fewer offspring. ermm.gif I thought about that this year as I spent New Year's night on a tropical beach in a little Caribbean country, doing a conga line around a bonfire.

It's even more-so when it comes to cooking, which kills all kinds of parasites and bursts vegetable cell walls to release all kinds of other nutrients that your digestive tract (which can't get through cellulose) would otherwise be denied. People who didn't like the taste of cooked food apparently left fewer ancestors as well.

What is the taste of cooked food? Well, that bottled smoke in a bottle they use for barbecue sauce. General browning and glazing and all the surface stuff produced by grilling and broiling, from meat to toast. The smell of cigarette and cigar smoke (which may actually contribute to tobacco addition). By the time this stuff gives you cancer, you've reproduced already, so the selective pressures are all acting in your early life where you need the nutrients and not the parasites.

Thinking about it, I'm shocked at how many ways we've found to sneak the taste of burned wood into things, from smoked meats to burned wood casks for wine to charcoal filtering for whisky to the smoke that turns barley to malt for beer (just about any alcoholic beverage which isn't transparent has been smoked or "cooked" in some way-- I drank rum around that bonfire). We retain those backyard barbecues alongside our microwave ovens for a reason!

Interestingly, domesticated dogs have been with us around the fire for some many thousand years that THEY have developed a taste for cooked food, too. Cats haven't, yet. They're newer companions and this is another way they show it.

Interesting, eh?

MR
Kelly Martin
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 8th January 2010, 3:28pm) *
Interestingly, domesticated dogs have been with us around the fire for some many thousand years that THEY have developed a taste for cooked food, too. Cats haven't, yet. They're newer companions and this is another way they show it.
Also reflects the different roles of dogs versus cats as companion animals. Dogs are used as utility animals, in many different ways: protection, assistance in hunting, and transportation are just some of these. However, we do not generally use dogs for their ability to catch and eat vermin, and (with a few exceptions) dogs are not very good at this. Cats, on the other hand, until very recently were employed almost exclusively for the purpose of catching vermin. Altering the dietary preference of the cat would have reduced its utility as a companion animal; the same is not true of dogs.
Cedric
QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Fri 8th January 2010, 4:05pm) *

Also reflects the different roles of dogs versus cats as companion animals. Dogs are used as utility animals, in many different ways: protection, assistance in hunting, and transportation are just some of these. However, we do not generally use dogs for their ability to catch and eat vermin, and (with a few exceptions) dogs are not very good at this. Cats, on the other hand, until very recently were employed almost exclusively for the purpose of catching vermin. Altering the dietary preference of the cat would have reduced its utility as a companion animal; the same is not true of dogs.

Moles are one of those exceptions. Both cats and dogs will ruthlessly hunt and kill moles, but will not eat them. Both will also leave the kill on your stoop in a "Look at what I did, Mom and Dad!" kind of gesture.

Little showoffs. biggrin.gif
thekohser
I wish Jimbo had not traveled to Michigan's Isle Royale to shoot these commercials with his daughter. He should just stay out of Jon Awbrey's, Lar's, and my home state. (Did I miss anyone?)
Somey
Well, after a visit to the local health-food store, I think I see the problem. A box of 25 "GoRaw" Spirulina energy bars, sold by market-leading Freeland Foods, costs $53.80, and a 25-bar variety "kit" only costs $45.75. Meanwhile, a box of only 15 ITK Original Raw Energy Bars costs a whopping $59.55, and you can't buy them one-at-a-time, either. Moreover, the GoRaw bars are 1.7 ounces each, whereas the ITK bars are only 1.5 ounces.

So, obviously they've priced themselves out of the market from the get-go, right in the midst of a recessionary economy - hardly the way to get your product off the ground, I'm afraid. In Marketing 101, you learn that new food products must compete on price if they're to have any chance of significant retail penetration.

Still, I'm sure they're very tasty if you eat them in person... smile.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 9th January 2010, 12:41am) *

Well, after a visit to the local health-food store, I think I see the problem. A box of 25 "GoRaw" Spirulina energy bars, sold by market-leading Freeland Foods, costs $53.80, and a 25-bar variety "kit" only costs $45.75. Meanwhile, a box of only 15 ITK Original Raw Energy Bars costs a whopping $59.55, and you can't buy them one-at-a-time, either. Moreover, the GoRaw bars are 1.7 ounces each, whereas the ITK bars are only 1.5 ounces.

So, obviously they've priced themselves out of the market from the get-go, right in the midst of a recessionary economy - hardly the way to get your product off the ground, I'm afraid. In Marketing 101, you learn that new food products must compete on price if they're to have any chance of significant retail penetration.

Still, I'm sure they're very tasty if you eat them in person... smile.gif

It is a strange market though. Some people seem pleased to pay much more money for items that perform worse (in taste, appearance etc.) Crapiness and sacrifice are more important than even the integrity of the ingredients and preparation processes, even when measured by their own flaky standards. Asceticism is part of the appeal, I suppose. I hope Mr Wales enjoys the life style.
everyking
When I think of Jimbo and civility, all that comes to mind is the time he attacked me as a "wikianarchist" and troll enabler, and then the time he e-mailed me to threaten me with a ban for "trolling on Wikipedia Review". I think this girl should find someone who actually gives a damn about civility.
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(everyking @ Sat 9th January 2010, 4:21pm) *

I think this girl should find someone who actually gives a damn about civility.

Maybe so, but who? unsure.gif
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 8th January 2010, 10:26pm) *

I wish Jimbo had not traveled to Michigan's Isle Royale …

Nothing up there but wolves … kinda fitting I guess …

Jon oldtimer.gif

P.S. Sorry, I shouldn't ⊥petuate the cliche defamation of wolves — all the animal ethologists tell us they're admirably civil critters.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(everyking @ Sat 9th January 2010, 11:21am) *

When I think of Jimbo and civility, all that comes to mind is the time he attacked me as a "wikianarchist" and troll enabler, and then the time he e-mailed me to threaten me with a ban for "trolling on Wikipedia Review". I think this girl should find someone who actually gives a damn about civility.

I think you got it backwards. As Somey has pointed out concern about internet civility is a very recent interest for Ms. Weckerle. She is certainly the kind of person ready to sign up for cause, raw food or whatever. It is her relationship with Mr. Wales that has probably spurred her new passion for civility on the internet. Mr. Wales interest has been long establish. He has used "civility" as a tool to manipulate against anyone that opposes him on his own website. He is (rightfully) vilified across much of the internet for his selfishness, manipulation and hucksterism. He regularly takes a public relations hit for the toxic atmosphere that pervades WP. He is the one with the interest in "civility." Ms. Weckerle is just along for the ride. She'll move on to seal hunting or something else soon enough.

All Mr. Wales has to do in the meantime is use his medicine show spiel to sell raw huckster bars.
thekohser
Looks like CiviliNation has posted another comment on its "Tell us your stories" page, bringing the grand total after about 4 weeks from two, up to three.

Patrick Ross, January 6, 2010

It was great to learn about this site as a result of the recent op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, the message of which I fully support. I’ve included a link to the article in the Resources section of icivility.com, a web site dedicated to improving online discourse. We appear to have very similar missions, although icivility.com operates without funding from any foundations, corporations or individuals.

Good luck, and may we all make an impact!

CiviliNation is now catapulting up the Alexa rankings -- holding the coveted 2,577,283rd most-popular spot on the Internet!
Somey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 11th January 2010, 10:50am) *
CiviliNation is now catapulting up the Alexa rankings -- holding the coveted 2,577,283rd most-popular spot on the Internet!

I especially liked this quote from iCivility.com, though:
Patrick Ross is a personal project of his and is not in any way connected with any professional or other association he may have.

I think it's important that you always treat yourself as a "personal project" of... yourself, and not try to "connect" it with anything else that may be going on in your life. Helps prevent unnecessary confusion! smile.gif

Meanwhile, we should all nominate each other for Profiles in Civility. I'll nominate Victim of Censorship, of course, so that someone else can nominate Ottava and RHMED. (I'd suggest GlassBeadGame too, but since he's a moderator, he's probably too obvious.)
Trick cyclist
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 11th January 2010, 7:11pm) *

someone else can nominate Ottava and RHMED.

Err ... if you mean people who post on your excellent, well-run site, there's no such poster as RHMED. There is of course one called RMHED ...

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showuser=11716

Not that I care one way or the other of course, but some people might.
thekohser
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 30th December 2009, 5:06pm) *

I agree - Valleywag is clearly the main target, and WR is probably just a sideswipe (or "afterthought," or whatever the word is, I'm sure you get the general idea). I mean, right now, if you type "Jimbo Wales is an idiot" into Google, we're not even on the first page, whereas if you type in "Jimbo Wales Andrea Weckerle," our thread on the Valleywag article is #2 and the Valleywag article itself is #4. (In both cases the Jimmy Wales WP article is #1, of course, but Jimbo's not the sort to be satisfied with personal control over the #1 result, is he?)

Appropriately enough, the Jimmy Wales' Other Other Women article, featuring Ms. Weckerle and the presumably wealthier,
and more Canadian Louise Blouin MacBain, appeared on Valleywag exactly a year ago. (Civilination.org was registered on Aug. 24, 2009, using DomainsByProxy - which, I suppose, means they agree with the rest of us that the need for accountability ends just before the point where you're targeted with massive amounts of domain-registrar spam.)

I'm proud of the fact that we're still the #1 result for "jimbo wales hypocrite," at least. I guess they just wanted to throw us a bone.

It looks like Louise Blouin has at least enough interest remaining in Jimbo to invite him to her annual Brain Ball. Seems nobody cared to pose for the camera next to "Internet entrepreneur Jimmy Wales", though.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 27th September 2010, 1:23pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 30th December 2009, 5:06pm) *

I agree - Valleywag is clearly the main target, and WR is probably just a sideswipe (or "afterthought," or whatever the word is, I'm sure you get the general idea). I mean, right now, if you type "Jimbo Wales is an idiot" into Google, we're not even on the first page, whereas if you type in "Jimbo Wales Andrea Weckerle," our thread on the Valleywag article is #2 and the Valleywag article itself is #4. (In both cases the Jimmy Wales WP article is #1, of course, but Jimbo's not the sort to be satisfied with personal control over the #1 result, is he?)

Appropriately enough, the Jimmy Wales' Other Other Women article, featuring Ms. Weckerle and the presumably wealthier,
and more Canadian Louise Blouin MacBain, appeared on Valleywag exactly a year ago. (Civilination.org was registered on Aug. 24, 2009, using DomainsByProxy - which, I suppose, means they agree with the rest of us that the need for accountability ends just before the point where you're targeted with massive amounts of domain-registrar spam.)

I'm proud of the fact that we're still the #1 result for "jimbo wales hypocrite," at least. I guess they just wanted to throw us a bone.

It looks like Louise Blouin has at least enough interest remaining in Jimbo to invite him to her annual Brain Ball. Seems nobody cared to pose for the camera next to "Internet entrepreneur Jimmy Wales", though.

Well of course not. Inviting Mr. Wales to an event based on such criteria must be some kind of cruel joke. Nobody wants to be standing next to him when the bucket of pigs blood is dumped on his head. That stuff just doesn't come out.
SB_Johnny
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 27th September 2010, 3:23pm) *

5 down from his picture, is that also him standing against the wall being pretty much the only person not talking to someone else?
Somey
QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Mon 27th September 2010, 2:53pm) *
5 down from his picture, is that also him standing against the wall being pretty much the only person not talking to someone else?

I don't think so... that's probably just one of the "security people."

Not that I care, but what's the deal with Jimbo and lapels? Does he have some sort of psychological aversion to them, or does he think he's starting his own fashion trend by wearing jackets without lapels?
anthony
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 27th September 2010, 7:23pm) *

Looks incredibly boring, in any case.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(anthony @ Mon 27th September 2010, 8:50pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 27th September 2010, 7:23pm) *

Looks incredibly boring, in any case.

It's kind of a cheap shot, but doesn't Jimbo look a bit portly in that photo?

Get thee to a gym, oh God-King!
SB_Johnny
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 27th September 2010, 4:20pm) *

Not that I care, but what's the deal with Jimbo and lapels? Does he have some sort of psychological aversion to them, or does he think he's starting his own fashion trend by wearing jackets without lapels?

A nod to Mao and Dr. Evil, perhaps? laugh.gif
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Mon 27th September 2010, 10:28pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 27th September 2010, 4:20pm) *

A nod to Mao and Dr. Evil, perhaps? laugh.gif

The photographer seems to have captured him in a homage to Shankbone pose.
Zoloft
Civilination.org apparently shriveled up and died on the vine.

Every once in a while a tumbleweed rolls though.

A coyote howls in the distance.
thekohser
QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Mon 27th September 2010, 3:53pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 27th September 2010, 3:23pm) *

I was so convinced of this earlier today, Johnny, that I have an expert in Jimbology evaluating it on a high-resolution screen tonight. I think the wait staff are wearing white under their black jackets (assuming that's a wet bar in the left rear corner). That lonely man with no seat at a dinner table is wearing ALL BLACK.
thekohser
The New York Post makes it sound like Louise Blouin is a match made in heaven for someone like Jimbo, who habitually stiffs people.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Zoloft @ Mon 27th September 2010, 4:40pm) *

Civilination.org apparently shriveled up and died on the vine.

Every once in a while a tumbleweed rolls though.

A coyote howls in the distance.

But I'll bet for awhile it led to some extremely polite and civil fucking. Which, of course, was the point. smile.gif The rest was Jimbo telling stories to her, to the world, to himself, or whatever. ermm.gif She had a few stories of her own, too. Thus are new people made. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.